Davies or Holloway??

Bit of a goal drought at the moment for us....do we think it's time to switch things around a bit and give Holloway a couple of starts? He's looked decent when he has come on and Davies has only scored 1 in his last 8 and looks devoid of confidence.

I'm not his biggest fan but I'd give Holloway a go at Bradford and at home v Northampton on Saturday. Thoughts?

Doyle should have scored in each of the last three games. As with many strikers, he has hit a barren spell in front of goal. 

I don’t expect it to continue for much longer. Davies, while not as prolific as Doyle, should have scored on Saturday with the penalty and maybe even put the ball in from the Doyle header that hit the post.

The Checkatrade is, like it or not, an important competition for us now and I expect to see a full strength side tomorrow evening. Even then Bradford away will not be easy. The more both strikers play, the sooner the goals will return in my opinion.

There is a Lancashire Senior Cup match next week - that’s when Duffus and Holloway should feature from the start.

Before then we have the cup tie and then Northampton at home to return to winning ways.

Edited by TheBigDog

18 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Doyle should have scored in each of the last three games. As with many strikers, he has hit a barren spell in front of goal. 

I don’t expect it to continue for much longer. Davies, while not as prolific as Doyle, should have scored on Saturday with the penalty and maybe even put the ball in from the Doyle header that hit the post.

The Checkatrade is, like it or not, an important competition for us now and I expect to see a full strength side tomorrow evening. Even then Bradford away will not be easy. The more both strikers play, the sooner the goals will return in my opinion.

There is a Lancashire Senior Cup match next week - that’s when Duffus and Holloway should feature from the start.

Before then we have the cup tie and then Northampton at home to return to winning ways.

LSC game now postponed:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/december/05122017-lancashire-senior-cup-clash-postponed/

On 04/12/2017 at 2:36 PM, Monty Burns said:

I would leave Davies out on tuesday for Holloway or Duffus then if they bag then you can say it is unfair to drop them. Then if Doyle goes the next two without scoring you can 'rest' him and bring Davies back in. Keep them all on their toes.

If you leave doyle out, it will probably mean play 1 up front since davies/holloway wasn't working at start of the season. I'd try duffus/holloway together though, lot of energy there. Maybe a lack of experience but, i think they'd definetely keep defences on their toes.

23 hours ago, disjointed said:

Whichever way we go you can't leave Doyle out, the best striker at the club by a country mile. All strikers go through spells where nothing happens for them, but one thing is certain he isn't going to score sat on the bench.

He might if Scarlett Johansson  is sitting next to him

Edit: wrong thread.

Should have been in the "All i want for Christmas" thread.

Edited by L1onheartNew

On 04/12/2017 at 2:36 PM, Monty Burns said:

I would leave Davies out on tuesday for Holloway or Duffus then if they bag then you can say it is unfair to drop them. Then if Doyle goes the next two without scoring you can 'rest' him and bring Davies back in. Keep them all on their toes.

Or Tope ?

Squad’s too big.

Good theory, bad memory.