• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Tope did well but if we’d conceded that we’d have gone mad at the lack of challenges 

He tracked back well too, may have earned a start v Northampton, be interesting  to see if Byrne plays just behind Doyle with Davies on the bench..

Nepo is quality. Mustard that lad, everything he does is neat and Tidy and beats his man with ease shifting it half a yard all the time.

We talk about Bradford reserves but we rested a few too. Green, Tope (who was excellent and deserves a start on the wing Saturday, caused them all sorts of problems cutting in on his left), B Wilson and Flynn not regular starters.

Thought Green controlled the midfield and we controlled the game overall really. Nice comfortable win and what we needed. 

Onto Saturday where we really need to be picking up some wins in the league. 

2 hours ago, aaronoafc said:

Nepo is quality. Mustard that lad, everything he does is neat and Tidy and beats his man with ease shifting it half a yard all the time.

We talk about Bradford reserves but we rested a few too. Green, Tope (who was excellent and deserves a start on the wing Saturday, caused them all sorts of problems cutting in on his left), B Wilson and Flynn not regular starters.

Thought Green controlled the midfield and we controlled the game overall really. Nice comfortable win and what we needed. 

Onto Saturday where we really need to be picking up some wins in the league. 

I think last night shows that we have a better depth to our squad than Bradford. They've spent all the cash on the first 11. We only came under pressure when their better players came on.

7 hours ago, Simoncorneyisgod said:

Best thing about last night was the late debut from our new signing - Ryan McLaughlin

He seems alright. One of the only ones who looked to keep possession and run the clock down. Anyone spot jack byrne in the crowd? Hood up and hat on with 2 mates (bodyguards) either side of him. 

13 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He tracked back well too, may have earned a start v Northampton, be interesting  to see if Byrne plays just behind Doyle with Davies on the bench..

I'd be worried Byrne would be looking behind himself for the ball instead of looking to link with Doyle. He's a slim Richie Wellens, not a No 10 for me.

5 hours ago, leeslover said:

I'd be worried Byrne would be looking behind himself for the ball instead of looking to link with Doyle. He's a slim Richie Wellens, not a No 10 for me.

It is annoying how he’s taken to dropping onto the centre halves toes to get the ball and then play Hollywood diagonals.

you look at our passing goals from the start of Wellens reign and he was using his attributes for the good of the team rather than to just make himself look good. 

Gardner and Fane do pass the ball forwards rather than sidewards so why not have Byrne further forward where he can do more damage and slide balls through for Doyle rather than long aerial ones.

If Davies is being rested then we’ll be less tempted to hoof it like we were against Bradford’s reserves.

Geo and Tope going at the fullbacks and Doyle’s movement in the box for cutbacks etc SHOULD work.

7 hours ago, leeslover said:

He could be our very own Wayne Rooney who plays as a No 10 but also wants to start off every attacking move on the edge of his own area. 

Edited by yarddog73

11 hours ago, leeslover said:

Not up front, but running at defenders.