• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KEY FORMAT CHANGES include: 
  • EFL team selection criteria amended to allow increased flexibility for League One and League Two Clubs (see notes to editors); 
  • An increase in the total competition fund to £3 million; 
  • Each group will continue to contain one invited under 21 team with the remainder made up of EFL Clubs from either League One or League Two. Groups will be formed to minimise overall travel time for EFL Clubs and fans; 
  • Invited under 21 teams will play their Group games away from home; 
  • Regionalisation until the Quarter-Final stage (improved from Round Two in 2016/17) to minimise overall travel time for Clubs and fans; 
  • Flexibility of fixture dates to allow teams to schedule games outside of international weeks; 

11 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Didnt see the match tonight.  What formation did we play?  Wss Tope up top?  How did Flynn fit in and how did he get on? If the majority thinks he had a good game, can only be a positive.

Nobody had a bad game really. 

Interesting that we played one up top tonight. I'd like to see McLaughlin play on the right wing when back fully fit, Doyle up front and Byrne behind. I think that would free Byrne up and save his legs for doing what he does best.

Obadeyi played well. Gevaro should be one of the first names on the team sheet for me, classy player. Queensy and Tope off the bench are brilliant options though against tiring defences.

Good performance on a very lively pitch which will be shite in another month or two!!! Obadeyi played really well...held the ball up and retained possession all game....what was his goal like?....I didn’t see the start and we were 40 mins in before I’d realised we were in front??

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Good performance on a very lively pitch which will be shite in another month or two!!! Obadeyi played really well...held the ball up and retained possession all game....what was his goal like?....I didn’t see the start and we were 40 mins in before I’d realised we were in front??

43 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Excellent goal from a capable player who is very comfortable in possession.

He was fairly lethal last season coming in off the right hand side and I was glad we signed him for this season. 

He then just didn’t seem to be in favour for whatever reason. 

He wasn’t up against much tonight but hopefully he can kick on from this. 

Him and Dummigan would be quite formidable down the right hand side in terms of pace and technique