Business prevention - half time pint

34 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

You're no longer able to give the club money to pre-order a pint for half time. 

Marvellous. 

I know it can be seen as a cheap shot at the club but they do seem to make many avoidable mistakes. No pies, no bovril, no golden goal tickets. It's not difficult and why do I have to climb a grassy bank to get from the north stand to Sheepfoot Lane?

11 minutes ago, astottie said:

I know it can be seen as a cheap shot at the club but they do seem to make many avoidable mistakes. No pies, no bovril, no golden goal tickets. It's not difficult and why do I have to climb a grassy bank to get from the north stand to Sheepfoot Lane?

11 minutes ago, astottie said:

You will have to apply to the new owner if we ever get one to put you in a lift I am sure he will oblige. Heheh

10 minutes ago, astottie said:

I think we know why and whilst coco the :clown: is still running the show it will be much of the same, it's been many moons ago since he's given two fucks for the paying customer.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I think we know why and whilst coco the :clown: is still running the show it will be much of the same, it's been many moons ago since he's given two fucks for the paying customer.

He was there today and came into Boundry Club to talk to people after the game. Didn’t see the prospective buyer. 

Don’t think Corney will be looking at improvements anytime soon and who can blame him, with an empty bank balance and a overwhelming desire to get out, until the new owner hopefully completes I’m afraid we’re stuck with what we’ve got!

We were told that the new Stand and SD sponsorship package was supposed to catapult us to the next level but a succession of lies and broken promises has left us in a dire situation. This takeover simply has to happen otherwise we could be history very soon.

9 minutes ago, philliggi said:

I'd happily go the rest of my life without a crappy pie or a mars bar, Even a Luke warm flat beer if it meant we score 5 on the pitch every week.

If they set up to take the extra £15 I'd happily give them 23 times a year then we might be able to score 5 a few times 

After a few emails sent to Mark Moisley at the start of last season, and then another Oldham represent this season... we eventually got them to start issuing HT drink orders? Is that not the case in the North Stand anymore? I wasn’t there yesterday but have been able to ever since the emails last season pretty much. 

Like you say though... they definitely do not maximise match day revenue which in our position is ludicrous, awful business management.

40 minutes ago, philliggi said:

I'd happily go the rest of my life without a crappy pie or a mars bar, Even a Luke warm flat beer if it meant we score 5 on the pitch every week.

If they let me/us (and, I'm sure, others) give them money for our round of 4+ drinks there's more chance of that happening... 

I've (sadly) been racking my brains to establish the logic behind this. I like to try and look at things from all perspectives.

The staff are now stood around being paid to do little or nothing for most of the first half when they could be pouring half time drinks.

Now the half time queue is bigger with many not even bothering to give the club the money they wanted to give them in the end and going back to their seats without having had a drink/bought a pie.

Not to mention me, and others, not bothering to queue up to give the club money at all. 

Am I missing something?

Edited by HarryBosch

There are am any revenue prevention techniques that the club adopt ranging from not having enough stock for match days to more strategic techniques such as not opening a supporters bar and being incapable of running a club shop effectively.

If and when the new investors take over there needs to be a root and branch review of how supporters are treated and their needs accommodated. 

North stand.

Went down on 44 mins for a pint, missed a goal, still queueing when they scored in the second half! Why stop fans pre ordering a drink. Crazy.

3 people behind the bar, only 2 serving beer, the other one telling everyone else there were no pies, no bovril and no milk for the tea!!!!!

it was colder below the stand than it was in the stand as well, a few halogen heaters, and a pint would do wonders so the fans can actually enjoy a half time chat about the game rather than queueing and moaning! 

Rant over, just thawing out!