• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s unbelievable to think that these players have regressed so much since the first few games under Wellens. We are 2nd to every ball, cannot keep possession, look absolutely clueless...WTF has happened?

PJ  is now taking training sessions.

6 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

PJ  is now taking training sessions.

This drivel about its the assistants fault is groundless its a collective failure right now the players the manager and the backroom staff all have to take a share of the blame.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 minute ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Its madness how we can go from fucking amazing to super shite we can never have a happy medium sad life of a Oldham fan

Wrong starting team and tactics.

Hopefully, we won't see Flynn and Tope feature again.

2 minutes ago, Oh Heck C-Beck said:

Having watched all the festive games on ifollow I think one of our main problems is fitness. I don’t think we are fit enough to play full tempo, in so many games close together. 

Shrewsbury didn’t look much better technically but were definitely fitter. 

But  they have had a hectic xmas schedule, why are they fitter?

I thought we were supposed to have the best fitness trainer out there?

Edited by BP1960

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

Shrewsbury weren’t very good but didn’t have to be, not good enough Latics, that was piss poor!

Not going to get any better with Byrne/Bryan going- and doyle out for a while.

Wellens has a crisis on his hands- and without blowing my own trumpet i could see that coming WEEKS ago-

The takeover, while not fully to blame is not helping anything or anyone.

Oh wellens, your not helping either by playing wasters like Gardner every week.

No doubt my stalker (s) will bitch and cry about my posts...

But when i said dark clouds are gathering, i meant every word!

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The need to freshen up the squad and imparticular replace Eoin Doyle has intensified after this. Think our squad will look quite different on the 1st of Feb.

Of course it will. The more myopic and unimaginative here won’t see that.  They’ll just continue spouting the same old negative nonsense. 

First-half Flynn was playing more right back than forward

Fane was like a Easter Island statue whenever we had the ball, just because he is not a playmaker and we do not pass the ball to him does not give him the right to just stand still. He needs to move about, take a player with him and create space in the midfield for others.

Byrne had a good game

Tope was woeful

Davies is not at his best playing one up front

Just now, kowenicki said:

Of course it will. The more myopic and unimaginative here won’t see that.  They’ll just continue spouting the same old negative nonsense. 

whats nonsense about saying Gardner id shite.

Because i would retort your talking nonsense if you can't see it!

Just now, Stagger Lee said:

First-half Flynn was playing more right back than forward

Fane was like a Easter Island statue whenever we had the ball, just because he is not a playmaker and we do not pass the ball to him does not give him the right to just stand still. He needs to move about, take a player with him and create space in the midfield for others.

Byrne had a good game

Tope was woeful

Davies is not at his best playing one up front

I dont rate fane but thats just my op.

Davies is absolutely NOT a one man striker, another example of wellens lacking a brain..

That was dire.  Worst first half under Wellens and we have conceded more in other games.  There was no passing, no direction in our play, no fluidity and that formation we played is ridiculous.

Second half not much better, Changes made no difference today.  We were awful on a whole, Byrne came close and tried second half, Gerrard was unlucky with the header but nothing clear cut.  We have went from creating chances for fun to this....  whats the record since Jewell came in??    Byrne in second half, Gerrard and Bryan done okay, the rest were below par to say the least.

Tactics, tempo and formation changes have killed us really.  Getting men into the box, Hunt and Dummy bombing forward, seems like its not the case anymore.  1 up top and today it was hoof ball.  Remember the sharp crisp passing and movement away at Pompey.  WTF has happened.

Panic button for me today was almost pressed, we need a win from somewhere and quick.

They were first to everyrhing and second balls, we were bullied and out muscled today, even Fane was out muscled and knocked of the  ball.  Fair play to them, hope they go up.

Need takeover and loans sorted so we can move on and sort our shit out.

MOM- no idea.

Note on the Shrews fans who were winning 1-0 and shouting at our players in the first half for taking too much time over throw ins!!!

Edited by deckyd