• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, laticsrblue said:

We have all seen the recent drop in performance, but we didn't feel the need to bang on about it ad nauseum and then  brag about it.

OK, im off out now so i will let the experts discuss it.. :)

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

What awful half hearted ponderous defending.

Check out @pbfl81’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/pbfl81/status/947850082606571520?s=09

Thats absolutely embarrassing. Obadeyi is topeless

I feel like there’s an element of point-making in some of Wellens’ recent selections and we’ve paid the price

Select your best players - we don’t have the depth to make these silly statements

The previous 4 or 5 games have ended our season. We’ve wasted the best side we’ve had in nearly a decade. Absolutely depressing

7 minutes ago, lookersman said:

Totally agree we drew last game a point is better none  !! can anyone actually explain what Paul jewel has bought to the table !!! Wellens lot respect from me on that appointment.

Not sure what he has brought to the table either. I was under the impression that the person brought in would be more of an adviser rather than taking training which appears to be the case. RW also said that he wanted TP to continue to be involved, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of that.

3 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Not sure what he has brought to the table either. I was under the impression that the person brought in would be more of an adviser rather than taking training which appears to be the case. RW also said that he wanted TP to continue to be involved, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of that.

We get this every time. As if somehow they are enforcing their own will in training and the manager is powerless to stop them.

20 minutes ago, lookersman said:

Totally agree we drew last game a point is better none  !! can anyone actually explain what Paul jewel has bought to the table !!! Wellens lot respect from me on that appointment.

The paul jewel conundrum, good experinced head to have in the club. He turns up we turn back to shit

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We get this every time. As if somehow they are enforcing their own will in training and the manager is powerless to stop them.

It's actually a first for me on this track. In my opinion it's unlikely that PJ will not have a significant degree of influence if he is taking training.

18 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Thats absolutely embarrassing. Obadeyi is topeless

I feel like there’s an element of point-making in some of Wellens’ recent selections and we’ve paid the price

Select your best players - we don’t have the depth to make these silly statements

The previous 4 or 5 games have ended our season. We’ve wasted the best side we’ve had in nearly a decade. Absolutely depressing

Nice. 

4 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

I think Richie needs to sit down with TP (after TP has watched a couple of training session and videos of recent games) and ask his straight opinion and advice. on PJ, tactics, team selection etc.

Agreed maybe the players just don't like him it happens

9 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

I think Richie needs to sit down with TP (after TP has watched a couple of training session and videos of recent games) and ask his straight opinion and advice. on PJ, tactics, team selection etc.

Where he will probably say

TP "What happened to that ginger irish lad up top he was scoring for fun and looks like he could get into any side in this division?

RW "Well he got injured something to do with his shoulder and since hes been out weve been shit and taken 1 point from 12 over christmas its like we are missing him or something"

TP "ah right well thats Paul Jewels fault obviously"

56 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Holloway, byrne, bryan, doyle, placide.

The rest are a mix of average, to shite.

And of those who played none have made any impact during the bad run. 

Not even Bryan who gifted a goal.

14 minutes ago, lookersman said:

Exactly my thoughts no sense whatsoever wellens was so keen to get the job why release control of training  and spoil what was brilliant start to a wonderful opportunity

I know Jewell has dusted off the old clipboard, perhaps it still has Baracloughs tactics imprinted on it.

As for Paul Terry what has he added?

Wellens was far better as his own man.

Just now, BP1960 said:

I know Jewell has dusted off the old clipboard, perhaps it still has Baracloughs tactics imprinted on it.

As for Paul Terry what has he added?

Wellens was far better as his own man.

Terry was there all along wasn't he? Prior to his role being formalised...

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

How come we're blaming Jewell for the whole team rather than just the area where he himself played 30 years ago (defence) like we normally do with assistant managers? 

To be fair the defence has been leaking goals all season.  Poor defending cost us again today. In saying that i think there is a clear change in tempo and mentality of the side.  Why would Wellens change what was getting him results, although leaving us very open we were winning games and worrying teams putting them on the back foot with our attacking nature.  We passed quick, we were sharp and played with intent.  This has changed over recent weeks.

New formation, slower methodical pace,  1 up top, hoof ball today, somthing has clearly changed Wellens and his way of thinking.  I suppose Jewells influence could be the reason for this surely??