Charlton away

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I agree Gardner was shocking today and he's been getting gradually worse for several games.

Let's not forget he was decent earlier in the season though. I imagine he was one of the one's RW was alluding to after Shrewsbury when he said he'd got a hell of a lot out of certain players but they can't keep it up and that's why they've played their whole careers at this end of League One. 

I wouldn't write him off. Hopefully he can have a bit of a breather if Pringle and others come in this week and come back the player he was earlier in the season. 

Charlton were shite today and there for the taking even with our bare bones lineup. 

Tope was unbelievably frustrating - he looked great with the ball at his feet twisting, turning & running until he passed, crossed or shot every one of which was utter toss :lol:

Maouche looked alright, worth another go. 

Davies shocking, Holloway not much better. 

Placide could, arguably, have done better with their goal but was very good again otherwise.

Gardner got done for me rather than being as weak as some are making out. It happens, and the lad went on to jink his way to a quality finish. RW wanted to sign him and that showed us why. 

Gerrard didn't have his best game and was bailed out once or twice by JP. That said AG bailed a team mate out more than once. 

Gevaro his usual 7/10. 

Onto Green - for all the shit Banks got and Gardner is now getting how has he avoided it for a season and a half? 

Is he the first ever footballer whose game is breaking up his own teams play rather than the oppositions? :lol:

It was most noticeable at Gillingham when (I think) he replaced Byrne but move after move just stops whenever the ball reaches him.

And he's not particularly good at the defensive side either. 

What is he? 

If that Crewe rumour has any substance could we send them some PlayerShare money? 

Holloway played well. He won everything in the air and carved out a couple of chances for himself which he was unlucky not to score. Tight angles and he worked the keeper into making decent saves.

Excited to see Pringle and McEleney but it won’t work with those strikers. Worst part was our wingers couldn’t cross for shit in the second half when our strength was aerially.

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Sounds like there signed but unable to register doesn’t it ? 

Thats what I mean - ie I hope the take over and red tape gets sorted or we are left with a load of player with (in Wellens words) “no quality” - I like the guy but slagging off your workforce in the open (however poor they may be) is bad management 

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Thats what I mean - ie I hope the take over and red tape gets sorted or we are left with a load of player with (in Wellens words) “no quality” - I like the guy but slagging off your workforce in the open (however poor they may be) is bad management 

Can't blame him, I suspect all this crap was something to do with Jewel resigning.

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

DD did this that did not end well get the best out of them until they are replaced calling them will only demotivate them, unless he knows signings are a done deal?

Just now, mickjagger said:

DD did this that did not end well get the best out of them until they are replaced calling them will only demotivate them, unless he knows signings are a done deal?

Difference is though that DD did it before he'd earnt any right to 

Wellens has shown us what he can do with decent players, Dunn never did. 

Just now, mickjagger said:

And David Dunn is exactly who he reminded me of in that interview... as I said I’m a big fan and see a very successful manager in Wellens here or elsewhere (never thought the same with Dunn) but sometimes you have to take a breath and think before giving emotive interviews 

Just now, Buckshawlatic said:

And David Dunn is exactly who he reminded me of in that interview... as I said I’m a big fan and see a very successful manager in Wellens here or elsewhere (never thought the same with Dunn) but sometimes you have to take a breath and think before giving emotive interviews 

Not his players not his team it's up to the players to prove him wrong but we all know they are shite 

My take on today...

Placide: 6/10 - marked down from 8 as he was beaten at the near post 

Dummigan: 7 - actually played well I thought, at fault for the goal but should have been rescued by Gardner and others

Wilson: 7 - showed his calmness and is always reliable

Gerrard: 6 - looked a bit heavy and struggled with the flashes of Charlton pace in the first half 

Hunt: 6 - steady but I always feel he is playing within himself ...not sure he has anything more though!

Nepo: 6 - worked hard but guilty, as with so many others, of not getting decent crosses in from good positions

Green: 5 - Honestly not sure what his game is, the difference between watching him vs Byrne is light years apart

Gardner: 4 - worst I’ve seen him play, looked absolutely lost at times

Fane: 7 - one of the least technically gifted players we’ve ever had in midfield BUT, hugely valuable if you have someone like Byrne alongside him....sadly now, we don’t. 

Davies: 4 (actually 2 for the first half, 6 for the second)

Holloway: 7 - for effort mostly, end product not there, as usual sadly

subs;

Tope: 2 - OMG ? possibly the worst 30 minute cameo I’ve seen for years, got into numerous good positions out wide and then completely failed to put in a single decent cross, absolutely terrible!!

Maouche: 6 - a few nice toches and passes but couldn’t really influence the game 

Dufus: 10 - didn’t touch the ball in his 4 minutes on the pitch so no blame attached ?

Wellens: 5 - tough times, blaming the loss of our best players but that’s 1 win in 11, I think. If we’d kept Shez I reckon we’d be no worse off but the points would have been accumulated differently.

The Ref: 4 - if he really did book Jonny for time wasting when we were a goal down then he is insane. Also, 4 minutes injury time was bullshit when there had been 6 substitutions, 2 longish treatments and he warned their players at least twice for time wasting....however, we could have played until midnight and our “strikers” wouldn’t have scored!

Overall, who knows where we will end up this season, anywhere from 10th  to 20th but at the moment it’s hard to see where the next win is coming from.....sounds familiar right??!!

12 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

My take on today...

Placide: 6/10 - marked down from 8 as he was beaten at the near post 

Dummigan: 7 - actually played well I thought, at fault for the goal but should have been rescued by Gardner and others

Wilson: 7 - showed his calmness and is always reliable

Gerrard: 6 - looked a bit heavy and struggled with the flashes of Charlton pace in the first half 

Hunt: 6 - steady but I always feel he is playing within himself ...not sure he has anything more though!

Nepo: 6 - worked hard but guilty, as with so many others, of not getting decent crosses in from good positions

Green: 5 - Honestly not sure what his game is, the difference between watching him vs Byrne is light years apart

Gardner: 4 - worst I’ve seen him play, looked absolutely lost at times

Fane: 7 - one of the least technically gifted players we’ve ever had in midfield BUT, hugely valuable if you have someone like Byrne alongside him....sadly now, we don’t. 

Davies: 4 (actually 2 for the first half, 6 for the second)

Holloway: 7 - for effort mostly, end product not there, as usual sadly

subs;

Tope: 2 - OMG ? possibly the worst 30 minute cameo I’ve seen for years, got into numerous good positions out wide and then completely failed to put in a single decent cross, absolutely terrible!!

Maouche: 6 - a few nice toches and passes but couldn’t really influence the game 

Dufus: 10 - didn’t touch the ball in his 4 minutes on the pitch so no blame attached ?

Wellens: 5 - tough times, blaming the loss of our best players but that’s 1 win in 11, I think. If we’d kept Shez I reckon we’d be no worse off but the points would have been accumulated differently.

The Ref: 4 - if he really did book Jonny for time wasting when we were a goal down then he is insane. Also, 4 minutes injury time was bullshit when there had been 6 substitutions, 2 longish treatments and he warned their players at least twice for time wasting....however, we could have played until midnight and our “strikers” wouldn’t have scored!

Overall, who knows where we will end up this season, anywhere from 10th  to 20th but at the moment it’s hard to see where the next win is coming from.....sounds familiar right??!!

Agree with most of this. Actually thought Green did ok but it’s no good when all your midfielders are defensive as you have nowhere to go once they’ve done their job. Spot on about Tope. Why oh why doesn’t he get more crosses in. Same with Nepo as well. 

Just now, dannyboy55555 said:

Agree with most of this. Actually thought Green did ok but it’s no good when all your midfielders are defensive as you have nowhere to go once they’ve done their job. Spot on about Tope. Why oh why doesn’t he get more crosses in. Same with Nepo as well. 

Yes, I’m torn with Green as he does try hard and I like the guy but I think he is playing a level or so too high....you’re right though, it’s about the combination of players in midfield....Green, Gardner and Fane is not a good combination in the same way that Davies and Holloway aren’t 

Green has lost all footballing ability. He has no passing range whatsoever. It’s strange because he must’ve been capable to have carved the career he’s had, just the legs have totally gone from beneath him. Must be very frustrating.

Still in disbelief at how exceptionally shocking Tope was. Never seen a player lose the ball as often. It was like he couldn’t control his feet. Plain weird.

Also, got to say Hunt has got a bad disposition for swinging his leg at times when there’s clearly ability there. Hot potato stuff. On the other hand, Dummigan has a fantastic first touch for a full back when he wants to use it. He’s not near to being there yet but there’s certainly a player in him.

Edited by NewBlue

Dummigan is a class player. At the minute he seems to have a mistake in him that costs us a goal every time... albeit not helped by people around him (Gardner and placide today). He brings us so much offensively. 

Carrying a lot of passengers, which will be helped when we can register new players. We will have a new look team come end of January...

placide

dummigan

gerrard

new cb/bryan

hunt

fane

pringle

new Celtic winger

mcaleney

two new strikers

12 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Still in disbelief at how exceptionally shocking Tope was. Never seen a player lose the ball as often. It was like he couldn’t control his feet. Plain weird.

Also, got to say Hunt has got a bad disposition for swinging his leg at times when there’s clearly ability there. Hot potato stuff. 

Weirdest thing with Tope was that he did great work getting into those positions but then rendered it all pointless every single time. Bizarre :lol:

Hunt is fine for our needs but, if the Preston rumours are true, we should snap their hands off. Especially if it;s for Doyle.

4 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Except those were not his words. He actually said "we can have more quality". His comments were hard hitting enough without him being misquoted, but your version makes his remarks sound far worse.

I'm sure he was far more critical in the dressing room before he gave the interview, and recent results (2 points from 6 matches) speak for themselves. We are in trouble, but exaggerating the manager's comments isn't going to help.