Charlton away

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we’ve been the better side here but as usual absolutely no end product. Holloway is doing OK and looks up for it whereas Davies has been bloody woeful and again looks totally disinterested. I’d take him off 2nd half but we still need a pair up front!

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Plymouth 2-0 Bury

dream start for Clarke and Ripley. 

Baptism of fire, so far. Just shows though, how getting a decent run together as Plymouth have, can push a team up the table very quickly.  Latics now have two games in hand on Wimbledon and Rochdale with not many points in it. On the other hand, if by some miracle it comes together, they are only 6 points of Doncaster in 11th. 

3 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Baptism of fire, so far. Just shows though, how getting a decent run together as Plymouth have, can push a team up the table very quickly.  Latics now have two games in hand on Wimbledon and Rochdale with not many points in it. On the other hand, if by some miracle it comes together, they are only 6 points of Doncaster in 11th. 

?  Other way round.  But Dale and Wimbledon won’t win both.  New signings and we will be fine.  I would bet on Bury and Dale going down. 

Edited by kowenicki

Think the plan today was to be tight and try not to concede which is fair enough considering we lost our best def, mid and forward.

The Charlton goal was individual skill, still think Jonny could of done better? Probably should of saved it.  Not sure who sold themselves by diving in initially at the Charlton scorer but it was poor defending.

Think Greens been steady, actually think Holloway is doing okay, least he is trying, winning headers, holding up play and carrying the ball forward.  On the other hand, Davies has been utter rubbish, he has been rubbish for a good number of games now.  What has happened to him, he impressed me with his hold up play and work rate even under Shez, Bristol Rovers away comes to mind but its all gone to piss.  His first touch is awful and backwards everytime.  Really poor.

Hope we can keep it tight and nick a goal or two somehow.

Edited by deckyd

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

?  Other way round.  But Dale and Wimbledon won’t win both.  New signings and we will be fine.  I would bet on Bury and Dale going down. 

Yeah, it's what I meant...it just came out the wrong way around. :D

19 minutes ago, rigsby said:

But without wanting to sound arrogant - im hardly being proved wrong with my musings over the last month or so,..

PS i wont resort to foul language as i feel that just lowers the tone and to be honest shows a lack of control.

To quote your namesake;

"Your choppers are the nearest thing to perpetual motion I have ever seen"