Peter Clarke - Bury on loan

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The whole defence has struggled Gazza.

I think the lad has talent.

He probably has got talent but we shouldn’t be turning to a youngster who really struggled earlier in the season. I think we need experience for what is looking like a relegation battle again.

Also we desperately need a goalscorer as well.

I wish Clarke all the best for the rest of his career.He was outstanding and I for  one  will never forget that last minute goal at Chesterfield.He Iwas a great captain and  has my respect.Just hope he misses the game against us!!

Just now, Gary1906 said:

He probably has got talent but we shouldn’t be turning to a youngster who really struggled earlier in the season. I think we need experience for what is looking like a relegation battle again.

Also we desperately need a goalscorer as well.

Gerrard and Wilson are the experience.

Just now, Flemboy said:

I wish Clarke all the best for the rest of his career.He was outstanding and I for  one  will never forget that last minute goal at Chesterfield.He Iwas a great captain and  has my respect.Just hope he misses the game against us!!

Couldn’t agree more. Signed a two and half year deal last season. Archetypal club captain. He’s great cover to have on the bench and he should be nailed on for a future coaching position at Latics. Can’t see the sense in helping out a possible relegation rival club.

1. Getting a high wage earner who isn't playing regularly off the books is rarely a bad move.
2. Can still have a positive affect for us by affecting games against rivals but cannot affect their game against us. In fact the argument could be it may give us a better chance of winning. For example if Clarke helps Bury keep a clean sheet against Plymouth that’s Plymouth dropping points which will benefit us. (It’s why there are strong arguments for banning loans within the same division).
3. We are 11 points ahead of them if Bury catch us we deserve to go down, Clarke or no Clarke.

23 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

But it doesn't only affect us, people really not grasping that.

You mean like when Main came here from Donny and effectively kept us up and sent them down? 

Do you think Donny fans looked at it from that angle then? Bury are 11 behind us with a game in hand and we have to go to Gigg Lane, I'm pretty sure they have not given up just yet.

12 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Can’t help but think we will regret this move. Wish Clarke nothing but the best, can’t see him staying past the summer once the loan is up. Great professional, top guy, best captain since Gregan and will always be remembered for Chesterfield away! 

Agreed! You don’t loan your club captain to a rival club when there’s a probable relegation fight on the cards, you just don’t.

Plus as per normal loan agreements we’ll probably be paying part of his wages as well. How mad is that!!! ?

Good signing for them, especially if Ripley joins too. The pair playing together again may reinvigorate Clarke and bring out the level of performances that kept us up last season, chuck in the equalisers and winners that he’s prone to getting too. He’s the type of player that fit for the fight, which you want in a relegation scrap.

Lets just hope it’s not a decision we later regret.

Edited by PlayItLivo

2 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

HEs not half the player he was last season. Interested in seeing who will replace him . There has to be a better player lined up or else he would not have gone on loan. 

???

Of course there does...they’re just queueing up to join us ??

44 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

The club appear to be clearing the decks for something. It may be an act of capitulation, but I doubt It.

28 days left.

In another 27 days we’ll probably still be saying that we need another striker, and we’ll end up with Michael Ngoo or someone of a similar class.

Get your act together Latics instead of being left with the dregs. ?