Peter Clarke - Bury on loan

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Absolute warrior, will be remembered fondly.

Our league position isn't half as bad as some are making out so if moving him on frees up funds to strengthen elsewhere to help us kick on then it is fine by me.

It is a pity that no club came in for Gerrard & B Wilson too!  And about a dozen of the non playing squad

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Inspirational captain last season and was the key reason we stayed up IMO. As well as his leadership and goals, one of the highlights for me was the "we all need a team of Peter Clarkes etc" chant to the "we all live in yellow submarine" tune at Wimbledon last season...and he loved it!

However this year in a straight choice between Gerrard and Clarke, Clarkey loses hands down this season so perhaps for the best.

Just now, leeslover said:

We'll do well to find a replacement as good at defending or playing out compared to him on form. Obviously he wasn't right for a while this season but I wouldn't write him off yet. Good luck him anyway, great player for us and a good guy

Exactly - he's just the type to now go on and show great form for the rest of the season and probably next.... 

10 hours ago, deyres42 said:

One of the best squads in league on paper and yet well adrift at bottom, I won't hold my breath waiting for their revival to happen.

Something very, very wrong with that club. Properly good squad. What possessed them to employ Lee Clark..?

good luck to him hes done well but i feel his best days are now behind him- his lack of pace is there for all to see.

wouldnt be that suprised if he retired either end of this or next season, or at the very least drop down a league.

If Bryan goes tho we are brutally exposed.

6 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

I beg to differ. I believe that these 'new' loans are changed and for the complete period-apart from Goalies in certain circumstances

what were the certain circumstances for  Middlesbrough recalling Connor Ripley from Burton?

Edited by stevesidg