Ollie Banks

55 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I would never boo a Latics player or team. Never. That should be the preserve of Premier League fans, where they don’t know any better.  Doesn’t stop me feeling relief at certain players bring withdrawn or shipped out of the club. 

Only about 2 times in 25 years I've felt the need to boo them off. Some people do it most weeks 

16 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Only about 2 times in 25 years I've felt the need to boo them off. Some people do it most weeks 

I have booed off a couple of players who have been stupidly red carded, letting their side down badly.  Bizarrely some people give standing ovations at such times. 

The former reaction could have justifiably been aimed at Edmondson on Saturday.

Never really seen the point of booing your own team. If you have to take your frustrations out on someone save that for referees like John Moss and players like Maddison

I think silence and a collective shake of the head would get through to a player that they've really done it this time. The "I'm not mad, just disappointed" approach vs rage approach

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I can understand booing the team at full time every now and then, if the performance is that bad. The thing with banks was, he'd be booed as he was coming on as a sub or abused when he's subbed off.

Edited by we hate man,u and city to

55 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Peterborough maybe? Not sure though- I had gone by then...

So had Harry.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Who was it against that time when they got booed on for the second half? 

Crewe (a)? I wasn’t there but the piss boil at the end of that game is becoming legendary, so it stands to reason there was some booing at HT.

12 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

So had Harry.

Crewe (a)? I wasn’t there but the piss boil at the end of that game is becoming legendary, so it stands to reason there was some booing at HT.

My favourite boo has to be in 2010 when we won away at Stockport...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

Our fans just love having a target for abuse who can never do anything right. It's as if these players purposely play badly to annoy the fans, not that it's their livelyhood at stake or anything

I recall a game  on a rare occassion where I was sat in the mainstand

"For fucks sake Boshell, you're sh*t!!!"

"Get him off the pitch!!"

Mate..... he's not on the pitch..... he's not even on the bench...

I suppose my thinking would be that players don’t hang around at clubs for as long as they used to. Chances are if they’re getting boos they’ll be on their way in a matter of months anyway - so the bond between players and those who pay to see them isn’t as strong as it used to be - be it in good times or bad. 

1 hour ago, cmr said:

Our fans just love having a target for abuse who can never do anything right. It's as if these players purposely play badly to annoy the fans, not that it's their livelyhood at stake or anything

I recall a game  on a rare occassion where I was sat in the mainstand

"For fucks sake Boshell, you're sh*t!!!"

"Get him off the pitch!!"

Mate..... he's not on the pitch..... he's not even on the bench...

I used to enjoy Alesandra copping it for Hughes, even after Hughes had left

6 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

4-0 ashamed to be a latics fan that day, the lad was broken. 

Felt for Butcher - I remember him breaking his nose in one of his last if not last appearences at Boundary Park and as he went off saying to Ronnie “I’ve got to fucking get away from here”

Edited by Buckshawlatic

This has been brought up before and I went with 5-1 or 5-0 and got corrected to 4-0... memory fails me each time. 

Agree it was a toxic and nasty atmosphere for Butcher. The team however was quite funny.. when they scored the 4th chants of “easy, easy, easy” and when they grabbed their 3rd “we want 4” never witnessed that since. 

I was a young lad at the time.. anyone know our form going into that game for us to turn so quickly on them? 

26 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

This has been brought up before and I went with 5-1 or 5-0 and got corrected to 4-0... memory fails me each time. 

Agree it was a toxic and nasty atmosphere for Butcher. The team however was quite funny.. when they scored the 4th chants of “easy, easy, easy” and when they grabbed their 3rd “we want 4” never witnessed that since. 

I was a young lad at the time.. anyone know our form going into that game for us to turn so quickly on them? 

We’d taken 7 from 9

Won at Gillingham 1-0

Won at home v Bournemouth 1-0 pen

And 2-2 at Port Vale denied by a late equaliser.

Came from nowhere as did the 4-0 at Tranmere 3rd game of the season