77 members have voted

1. 1. Sorry for another thread but, new ownership so:

• Come back
    • Stayaway
    • Always there

On 27/01/2018 at 12:57 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

Where's oafc0000

:imnotworthy:

Has my reasoning gone for staying away, yes...

Would I come back anytime soon, no...

My life has changed.  Saturdays are now full with other activities.  I wouldn't really want to spend the day away from the kids. And my kids don't really have any interest in Football.

Edited by oafc0000

37 minutes ago, oafc0000 said:

My life has changed.  Saturdays are now full with other activities.  I wouldn't really want to spend the day away from the kids. And my kids don't really have any interest in Football.

Lame 

8 minutes ago, Fyldelatic said:

I think getting children interested in the activity you are passionate about, like supporting Latics, is putting them first.

I would agree with you. I know my son has taken over the role of the family's number 1 supporter but I am not sure that my grandson  ever will. At least he knows that he is not allowed to be a Red

2 hours ago, oafc0000 said:

Also a dad here. Would never tell anyone how to spend time with their kids, but OAFC Metty has a point : they aren't likely to ever have an interest in football unless you take them...

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Really? I'm sure 0000 can speak for himself but IMO the only thing lame here is someone being chastised for putting his family before a pig skin being booted (badly) around a football pitch.

It’s two hours out of a Saturday. And like someone says how they gonna get into if you don’t take them ? I take my son when I can. If I can’t, I go and he sees me a couple of hours later. I must be a terrible father for abandoning him like that ? You don’t have to do it every game either. But to just say that’s the reason you won’t go as opposed to the truth is weak at best imo. I thought the reason given for not going was SC ? Now he’s gone, a pathetic excuse has been found by masquerading as super dad ! 

I also have a one year old daughter , who when old enough will be ‘forced’ (tongue in cheek before anyone calls childline) into going. The next generation of fan would not exist if we didn’t at least try to get them into it , would they?

6 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

It’s two hours out of a Saturday. And like someone says how they gonna get into if you don’t take them ? I take my son when I can. If I can’t, I go and he sees me a couple of hours later. I must be a terrible father for abandoning him like that ? You don’t have to do it every game either. But to just say that’s the reason you won’t go as opposed to the truth is weak at best imo. I thought the reason given for not going was SC ? Now he’s gone, a pathetic excuse has been found by masquerading as super dad ! 

I also have a one year old daughter , who when old enough will be ‘forced’ (tongue in cheek before anyone calls childline) into going. The next generation of fan would not exist if we didn’t at least try to get them into it , would they?

Two hours? Do you live in the North stand?

26 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Two hours? Do you live in the North stand?

Fair comment. Haha. My point  still stands though especially when you factor in taking the kids with you ! And I get it’s expensive, I can’t afford to take him every match tbh but I’m sure these other activities are not free ? 

Why can’t the ex supporter just say he stopped going because of the old regime. Now that’s gone I’ve lost interest. Don’t make out that somehow if you go to the match your kids are missing out. It’s just an excuse.  

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

My lad (age 7) has somehow wangled his way into attending every home game now.

Always angling for aways too albeit to little avail so far.  

That's my last bastion of freedom.

His sister (8) who's been a few times when she was younger doesn't want to ever set foot in the place again in her life. :lol:

Life's rich tapestry means I get on great and get to do plenty of other stuff with both of them. 

Doesn't surprise me 0000's subscribe's to this parenting by numbers "For no apparent I must not do x,y,z anymore now I've got kids" bollocks. The bleak cunt. 

Edited by HarryBosch
  • Like 1

I didn’t have any interest in football at all till I was 7. My mum was a single parent with neither the money nor time to take me to a game as she worked late most weekends. When I was 7 she met my step dad (dad to me) - he took me to my first game, a 1-1 against Sheffield Utd and I never looked back 

6 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

It’s two hours out of a Saturday. 

He does live in Warrington (I think) by the way. 

Anyway, my point was more than “hurrah, SC has gone, everything is OK again”. It really isn’t yet. It’ll take a good while before the match becomes an alluring thing of wonder for most kids IMO. The club has a fuckload off work to do under the new tutalage to make it attractive. Sneering at anyone who’s not coming back just yet for whatever reason just makes you look more like an elitist cunt than the stayaway IMO. 

Speaking from my own experiences, our 4 year old has absolutely no interest in footy. I’ve taken him three times and the only time it was bearable was when he was 6 months old and slept through the whole match. Personally I was 8 before I took the slightest bit of interest (I think it was Gary Hoolikin’s bright ginger hair that did it!). With football you’ll always be exposed to it sooner or later so it’s always best you let young uns take the organic route, I reckons.

• Ackey locked this topic