Playoffs.

19 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Considering Crewe are second in the league, have won twice as many games as Latics and have a +29 GD over Latics, I'd say a point would be a brilliant result...a win would be preferable. Same team, unless injuries say different or Dino is a fool.

This.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose you could argue that the team in 14th drawing away at the team in 2nd is a very good result. 

But this is league 2 not the premier league, that team is Crewe, and we’ve just won 2 games comfortably scoring 6 goals in the process. 

An improvement on results against the top sides so far this season? Yes, definitely. “Brilliant”? No chance.

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

On 2nd February 2007, Blackpool were 7th. 

Equal on points with sixth with a game in hand. 

We were second 😪

They were in the playoffs by Boxing Day. It's a strange false memory people have.

Barnsley 2015/16 a better shout but they were still way closer than we were by now.

9 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

They were in the playoffs by Boxing Day. It's a strange false memory people have.

Barnsley 2015/16 a better shout but they were still way closer than we were by now.

It's taking the thread off tangent a little but what were the biggest storming runs to promotion? And conversely, huge implosions when chasing promotion to end up relegated?

Dowie's run with Palace in the mid-00's was impressive. Think they went from bottom half to the play-offs and up. I remember us playing Millwall who were in and around the play-offs at about Christmas in 1995-96. They went on an awful run and went down.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It's taking the thread off tangent a little but what were the biggest storming runs to promotion? And conversely, huge implosions when chasing promotion to end up relegated?

Dowie's run with Palace in the mid-00's was impressive. Think they went from bottom half to the play-offs and up. I remember us playing Millwall who were in and around the play-offs at about Christmas in 1995-96. They went on an awful run and went down.

Did York not do it from relegation spots just before Christmas a few years ago? Might have imagined it

47 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Did York not do it from relegation spots just before Christmas a few years ago? Might have imagined it

Yes they did, they were hovering above the relegation zone and then went on a long unbeaten run in the second half of the 13-14 season to clinch 7th spot.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I remember us playing Millwall who were in and around the play-offs at about Christmas in 1995-96. They went on an awful run and went down.

They were near or at the top of the table in December and had been up there all season. Mick McCarthy left to become Ireland boss and it all went to pot. I remember us winning at The Den near the end of the season to hammer another nail into their coffin and more or less guarantee our own survival.

19 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

Yes they did, they were hovering above the relegation zone and then went on a long unbeaten run in the second half of the 13-14 season to clinch 7th spot.

Just looked at the tables:

21st spot, 13 points adrift of playoffs on Christmas Eve. 

13th spot, 12 points adrift of playoffs at the start of February. 

Finished 7th, 9 points clear of 8th. 

Took 36 points from their last 16 matches. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived