Hi everyone...

>Name?

Al Roberts

>Location?

Middleton

>How Long Supporting the Tics?

This is my 21st Season.

>Best away match you've been to?

A couple spring to mind straight away. Wigan on a Friday night, (Dux last minute header!), and Swindon from a couple of years ago (fantastic atmosphere, great result).

>All Time Greatest Player?

Ritchie? Eyres? Nah, 'tis Craig Fleming!

>Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)?

Man Yoo / Citeh seem so far away from us it's hard to see them as "rivals" anymore. At the moment I'd narrow it down to Tranmere and Huddersfield (plus I've always hated Stoke after getting scalding hot Tea thrown at me at my first ever away match)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to OWTB, Al.

Please contact a Mod or Admin if you need any help getting started (Click here).

If you're feeling adventurous, head straight into the main board to chat about all things Latics (Click here).

And if you're here for all the fantastic OWTB Shirts and Merchandise head over to the shop (Click here).

Name? Andy Taylor

Location? Skipton/Keighley

How Long Supporting the Tics? 18 years

Best away match you've been to? West Ham in the league cup, 1-0 win with Corazzin scoring.

All Time Greatest Player? Tricky Ricky Holden.

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? My rivals Burnley.

Welcome to OWTB, Andy.

Please contact a Mod or Admin if you need any help getting started (Click here).

If you're feeling adventurous, head straight into the main board to chat about all things Latics (Click here).

And if you're here for all the fantastic OWTB Shirts and Merchandise head over to the shop (Click here).

Name?

Paul Richards

Location?

Greenfield

How Long Supporting the Tics?

1990 on return to UK

Best away match you've been to?

Bradford (Kilkenny's first stint)

All Time Greatest Player?

Gunnar Halle

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)?

Tranmere

Welcome to OWTB, Paul.

Oh no it's not :excl::laught16:

If only we had a 'Hate To Say I Told You So' emoticon.

See all you BOASTers in the Kellaway Arms. :drinking::drinking45:

Ah diego.... only you could take credit for stating a fact that you could not possibly have known at the time of stating it... :blink: (if you know what I mean...!)

Seeing that they only made the decision to switch the match back from cheltenham last week... your "I told you so" powers are not applicable in this case.... :wink:

However... you can happily join us in being very, very happy, and having a couple (or several!) beers in the KA before/after the game....!! Beers are on you... next time we play burton at burton the BOAST members will get the beers in! :wink:

BOAST massiv - want to meet for a drink sometime soon??? Cant remember who is on holiday... so lets have the usual PM chaos to sort it out!

Ah diego.... only you could take credit for stating a fact that you could not possibly have known at the time of stating it... :blink: (if you know what I mean...!)

Seeing that they only made the decision to switch the match back from cheltenham last week... your "I told you so" powers are not applicable in this case.... :wink:

However... you can happily join us in being very, very happy, and having a couple (or several!) beers in the KA before/after the game....!! Beers are on you... next time we play burton at burton the BOAST members will get the beers in! :wink:

It was the refusal of BOASTers to believe the official site news item of 14th June that the match would be played in Brizzol, before the expected temporary move to Cheltenham, that prompted me to remind you of my post. :grin:

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1052489,00.html

There's none so blind as those who only read every other line - you even thought the game was on a Saturday! :ohno:

You wouldn't want visitors to think you're a tight bunch of wurzels would you, :thinking2: so we expect our hosts to buy the drinks. BLAST! members would be happy to reciprocate (am I allowed to say that?) but your lads don't like to travel as far as Burton, do they? :wink:

It was the refusal of BOASTers to believe the official site news item of 14th June that the match would be played in Brizzol, before the expected temporary move to Cheltenham, that prompted me to remind you of my post. :grin:

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1052489,00.html

There's none so blind as those who only read every other line - you even thought the game was on a Saturday! :ohno:

You wouldn't want visitors to think you're a tight bunch of wurzels would you, :thinking2: so we expect our hosts to buy the drinks. BLAST! members would be happy to reciprocate (am I allowed to say that?) but your lads don't like to travel as far as Burton, do they? :wink:

You know what Diego... with your absolute insistance that you are never wrong, If I hadnt met you i'd actually think you were a woman...! :gorgeous::wink:

Suppose it is only fair that the hosts get the beers in... As it is only the meagre BLAST coming down, it should be a cheap round!

Mind you, when BOAST comes to burton, you may need to use your uncanny ability to predict the future to win some money from the bookies to afford it!

You know what Diego... with your absolute insistance that you are never wrong, If I hadnt met you i'd actually think you were a woman...! :gorgeous::wink:

Suppose it is only fair that the hosts get the beers in... As it is only the meagre BLAST coming down, it should be a cheap round!

Mind you, when BOAST comes to burton, you may need to use your uncanny ability to predict the future to win some money from the bookies to afford it!

Just because I have to point out repeatedly where BOASTers keep getting things wrong, it doesn't mean that I'm insisting that I'm always correct - once I had a :titanic: moment - nobody's perfect! :grin:

When BOAST comes to Burton, the brewing capital of the country, there'll be so many drinking venues to explore that BOASTers will need an overnight stay - No I'm not offering to provide the accomodation on top of a drink! Start saving now in case it's in the first round of the F.A. Cup on 10th November.

P.S. At the risk of having to point out something else, when you refer to BLAST! in your posts dont forget to include the :excl:

Welcome to OWTB Fran.

Please contact a Mod or Admin if you need any help getting started.

If you're feeling adventurous, head straight into the main board to chat about all things Latics.

And if you're here for all the fantastic OWTB Shirts and Merchandise head over to the shop.

Welcome to OWTB Jack.

If you're feeling adventurous, head straight into the main board to chat about all things Latics.

And if you're here for all the fantastic OWTB Shirts and Merchandise head over to the shop.

Name? Frazer Hadfield

Location? Mossley

How Long Supporting the Tics? 3 seasons

Best away match you've been to? well - Tranmere 07

All Time Greatest Player? Andy Goram (1st spell)

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? Tranmere

Edited by FLH1993

As was seen in Goldfinger, Fort Knox is easy to break into but OWTB is more impregnable than Ann Widdecombe's undergarments. :o

We ask a series of questions just so we can get to know people a bit better - and to avoid some of the cyber warriors that infest other football sites. I'm sure that you won't mind answering them just so we can get an idea of what you are like. You've been validated so can now read and post in the Forums. Be interesting to hear your views on the game yesterday.

Just have a read of our rules and regs and then get posting!

It's a bit quiet today but I'm sure it will liven up this evening!

Name?

Location?

How Long Supporting Carlisle?

Best away match you've been to?

All Time Greatest Player?

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)?

Welcome to OWTB Frazer.

Name? Alec

Location? Blackpool

How Long Supporting the Tics? Since around 1990

Best away match you've been to? I'd say City away in 1999

All Time Greatest Player? Carl Serrant

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? Currently Tranmere

Welcome to OWTB Alec.

Name? Owen

Location? Auckland, NZ

How Long Supporting the Tics? 20 years

Best away match you've been to? Brentford 2-2 2001

All Time Greatest Player? Andy Ritchie

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? I guess Blackpool or Tranmere. Not many of our rivals are reciprocal.

Morning, uh - evening NZlatic.

Welcome to OWTB!

:New_Zealand:

Cheers,

Rummy.

:chubb:

Name? Dave Timmins

>Location? Failsworth

>How Long Supporting the Tics? Since the last game of the 1968/69 season.

>Best away match you've been to? Ipswich 1991

>All Time Greatest Player? Andy Ritchie

>Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? At the moment Huddersfield