Archived Welcome Posts

Beardy

maybe there IS one person not here...

He is here.. he just uses a Harry Potter invisable cloak to view.. I'm sure the frustration of being right about everything as well as this and that will along with not having a platform to preach will mean he will soon be amoung us !! :o

Its a cohersive community until then :grin:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello boys and girls,

Royton lad here. I started supporting Oldham from 87/88: and was then spoilt rotten the next season (and for many years to follow) by the lads and super Joe Royle. Have to admit the last ten years have been real toil and have seriously tested my allegiance to the mighty blues. To the present day! John Sheridan is a breath of fresh air and Chris Taylor is the first players in years to get me off my seat. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Most memorable celebration of recent times. The equalising goal against scunny--if you were right in the corner when we scored you will know what I mean.

Keep the faith!

Hello boys and girls,

Royton lad here. I started supporting Oldham from 87/88: and was then spoilt rotten the next season (and for many years to follow) by the lads and super Joe Royle. Have to admit the last ten years have been real toil and have seriously tested my allegiance to the mighty blues. To the present day! John Sheridan is a breath of fresh air and Chris Taylor is the first players in years to get me off my seat. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Most memorable celebration of recent times. The equalising goal against scunny--if you were right in the corner when we scored you will know what I mean.

Keep the faith!

Welcome to OWTB, laticsmad. I don't remember the 88/89 season being as good as the follwing couple though! :wink:

Guest oa_exile

Hey Kowenicki , everyone , well nearly :curtains: have moved over to the Dark Side :peepwall:

Many more from other board's also , last count 410+ members and growing by the week ! :OWTB1:

Enjoy yourself mate and Welcome aboard :dance:

Cheers Exile :exile:

I'm sure the frustration of being right about everything as well as this and that will along with not having a platform to preach will mean he will soon be amoung us !!

Nah, I have a vision of the gob:censored:e talking to himself in a padded cell, a la Norman Bates at the end of Psycho.

Here's hoping.

Just found this site, looks very good and a lot of fun. Just to introduce myself, Im Gary, been a latics fan for over 30 years, love em more than life itself, i regularly question my sanity and i know ive passed the curse on to my two sons. I have had some brilliant times and i have zillions of memories of highs and lows at Boundary Park. Wouldnt chnage a thing ( except, we would still be in the premiership).

Happy posting...

Welcome mate, hope you enjoy the site!

If you have any questions feel free to PM any mod or admin, we arent too bad! B)

Thanks for the welcome mate. Been trawling this site and its good, very good, so good infact i even spotted myself in Face in the crowd taken in 77, not goin to own up who i am, but i will say this, im in face in the crowd 6 and im not very old at the time, oh and my dad looks like someones just nicked his wallet, either that or he was still upset having to pay 80 pence for him and 25 pence for me to get in. Skinflint wouldnt even buy me a bovril, i had to make do with standing next to a fella who had one! is i treally thirty years ago? jesus im gettin on..lol oh and we had some very dodgy looking supporters back then, and a few celebrities filling the terraces....

Hi everybody

I've recently found out about this site, (I'm a regular poster on the LaticsMad website).

I've been supporting the Latics for over 30 years and will support them til I die.

My first match was about 70/71 aged 8, my dad took me and we played Swansea.

Stood in the Chaddy end, we won 1-0 (David Shaw scored) I remember the goal like it was yesterday, it was scored at the Rochdale Road end and hit the underside of the bar and down on to the line before going in.

I was hooked and have been ever since.

Happy posting.

KTF.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Terrifying members is banned from this forum :D

Welcome on board, any questions please give any Admin or Mods a shout :thumb08:

Why not call the Admin 'rockers'? Thus Mods and Rockers........yes I am bored.