Archived Welcome Posts

Beardy

If it wasn't Pete, it could have been my brother - he lives around there - Dudley Gardens, Trinity.

Reading this has convinced me that we need to set up a Scottish and North East branch of OASIS.

SANE will shortly be born.

Wish I'd stayed up there now. Would have been nice to be sane for a change ;) .

How about Independent New Scottish And North East (INSANE) branch? :D

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After some mithering by our old friend Stipey I have finally managed to get round to introducing myself on this ere new board!

So here goes!

Name: Chris McGrath

How long a supporter: Spent years pestering Grandparents to bring me after watching various highlights videos of Grandad's - Got my lucky break in 1991/92 season when they couldn't take anymore!!!

Favourite Game: Beating Munich's 1-0 at home was pretty special - Neil Adams you will forever be my hero!!

Although winning at Forest and Huddersfield this year have got to be up there, just because the manner in which we did it added to the fact that we never do! Lastly, who can ignore our seasonly trips to Valley Parade??!!

Favourite Moment: Being mascot at 9 was a wicked experience, especially as we beat Burnley 3-0!! The celebrations after the great escape, and Pointon's goal at Wembley in 94 and the 10 minutes thereafter, i was 9 at the time and just remember being picked up by a bloke in a chicken suit - bizarre!!

All time greats: Ooooh Rog, Stitch, Big Joe, Paul Gerrard (my goalkeeping hero). David Eyres.

Favourite Currents: Warney - need i say any more, Big Les - was delighted to see him back at start of the season, always new Shez was the type of person who would look after Les and get the best out of him a la Dowie.

Finish: Champions, having got to where we are with the run in we now have, would be slightly disappointed with anything less, or is that just greedy??!!

Biggest Rival: Wigan - hate the barstewards, always thought they were bigger and better than everybody - well they're not - Championship beckons!!! Munich's - self explanatory really and Bury, having gone to school and college there, had more than enough of them to last me a life time!!

Well - there's my autobiography!! lol! Hope none of you got bored after my name, i know i did!!!

I have a tendency to ramble, especially when i should be working!

--------------------

After some mithering by our old friend Stipey I have finally managed to get round to introducing myself on this ere new board!

How long a supporter: Spent years pestering Grandparents to bring me after watching various highlights videos of Grandad's - Got my lucky break in 1991/92 season when they couldn't take anymore!!!

Favourite Moment: Being mascot at 9 was a wicked experience, especially as we beat Burnley 3-0!!

I have a tendency to ramble, especially when i should be working!

Few things there Mac..........

I did not mither you, merely pointed out it was 'ere and a scrote free zone, and as such perhaps you could get her indoors to sign up for this one :blink:

As for your lucky break, you only went fer to get Gary Linekers autograph, admit it :lol:

As for being mascot something far more important happened that day, your Dad actually attended a game, of his own free will, but as he's never been back you must have put him off :lol:

Doesn't the rambling normally come with the bacardi and coke ? :biker:

Calm down, calm down!! (I've brought my own scouseness!!)

It was Peter Shilton's autograph the 1st time, we played Derby in the league cup!! Linekar was the game after lol!! But i suppose you're right, you've got me sussed!!

Re: The Burnley game, we went top i think after that - or if not we were right up there and when we got home we were all buzzing and when we asked my dad what he thought, he said it was rubbish & we were getting excited over nothing, i dont often say this but dya no what? He was right!!! We ended up in the division we are in now a few years later!!

We tried to get him to come to Swansea with them being at my uncle's in Cladicott but he was having none of it!!

The rambling comes before, with and after but the scale depends on the timing!!!

Name?

Deano

Occupation?

White van man

Location?

Whitworth

How Long Supporting the Tics?

19 years

Favourite Game (not the obvious one!)?

Man City(a)1999 2-1 win when we were certainties to lose according to all but Latics fans.

All Time Greatest Player?

Stitch

Favourite Current Member?

Super Chrissy Taylor

Where will we finish?

top 2

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)?

Forest this season

And Finally, You became a millionaire, Oldham were available to purchase, what would you do to make our club Secure for the future?

Get the ground redeveloped to encourage more support.then we can drop the prices to get more through the gates as we power towards the greedy league.

Hello

I've been lurking for a while but haven't posted as I'm either a) too incredibly busy or B) have nothing worthwhile to add - take your pick! ;)

Looking forward to some non chav infested posts.

On a personal note, I should be Byron Bay Blue now but, despite the lovely alliteration, I thought I'd stay true to my JKL self.

Ta.

Hello

I've been lurking for a while but haven't posted as I'm either a) too incredibly busy or B) have nothing worthwhile to add - take your pick! ;)

Looking forward to some non chav infested posts.

On a personal note, I should be Byron Bay Blue now but, despite the lovely alliteration, I thought I'd stay true to my JKL self.

Ta.

Greetings, Syd.

Guest Balls Hall

Name.... Sparky.

Occupation..... Walking the streets.

Location..... Up Toldham.

How Long supporting Latics..... In my 30th season.

All time favourite player..... OOOOH Roger palmer.

Current Favourite player.....Chris Taylor.

Where will we finish.......................................................................2nd

Biggest Rivals..... Forest, Yoevil, Bristol City, Blackpool ( not Trampmere)

Welcome aboard, Gaz.

Hello! Loads of exiles on here Garylatic - check out the OASIS bit, they're not just from the South. Plus there's a supporters outfit in the pipeline for the Jocks and the Geordies. Coming soon...

Guest oa_exile
Hello! Loads of exiles on here Garylatic - check out the OASIS bit, they're not just from the South. Plus there's a supporters outfit in the pipeline for the Jocks and the Geordies. Coming soon...

Welcome Gary , hope you enjoy the forum !

As Rummy said plenty of you Jock's ;) posting on here already and i am sure it wont take long for you to get to know them B)

Any probs or anything your not sure about give one of us a shout

Cheers Exile

Right, I'm afraid I made an error and deleted Sheephead's thread, so here's my best attempt to recover it. Very sorry everyone, particularly Sheephead.

alright guys, i post on oafc.co.uk, been lookin at here for a while and decided to sign up

Welcome, Sheephead. Hope you like it.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard mate ! , just in time for the match biggrin.gif

Heyup, thanks for joinin!

Sheephead.....

Your avatar scares me.

What is it? blink.gif bigcry.gif sign0068.gif

It's a cat, innit?

Hehe, here we go again.....It might be, but it's got really scary ears! wink.gif

Again, Koala-like.

It's sort of a bear-giant-cat-monster-hybrid creature ohmy.gif

The Marsupial Snowcat of Saddleworth Moor? I thought that was mythical?

I see wot ya mean. Kinda 1970's Tics badge owl's ears! It's a bit starey too, innit. Could be a werecat?

Starey, yeah. 'What you lookin at? I'll bite your ankles'

unsure.gif

I looks like a mid cat having a :censored: in my garden,with me about to brick it

Do you? wink.gif

your bricking it cause a cat is having a :censored: in ya garden??

you a man or a mouse??

haha!

No..said cat is looking at a nice house brick landing on its head

What I think he's trying to say is that he looks like a cat having a :censored: (i.e., bricking it) in his own garden

smile.gif

Trick Cylclist stuff then Mads? I would also brick a cat doing that in my garden, or send my dog after it.

Even if the cat was as big as a bear?! ohmy.gif

wink.gif

You ain't seen my dog, he's nearly as big as a football, but feared of nothing (except footballs!).

then it would just be a bear wouldnt it??

or if its in the candlelight someone for me to "attempt to charm!" hahahaha!!