Barry Owen. The truth

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

All of it really. If you want a conversation I'll PM you my mobile.  This thread if for the topic.

Don’t make a thread personal and then try and deflect. Explain what you meant about ‘having a conversation at home’. 

Just now, Lags said:

All of it really. If you want a conversation I'll PM you my mobile.  This thread if for the topic.

I don’t want a conversation with you. I also don’t want to be accused of being in a click - if you know me at all, which you clearly don’t, but think you do, I very much have my own mind and opinions, as does @jorvik_latic.

So maybe just stay away from making weird comments about me towards my husband or my husband towards me, and I’ll carry on not responding to your weird comments on here. Then you can get back to blanking me at matches as you have done for the last 5 years just because we disagreed on a message board.  

1 minute ago, maddog said:

I don’t want a conversation with you. I also don’t want to be accused of being in a click - if you know me at all, which you clearly don’t, but think you do, I very much have my own mind and opinions, as does @jorvik_latic.

So maybe just stay away from making weird comments about me towards my husband or my husband towards me, and I’ll carry on not responding to your weird comments on here. Then you can get back to blanking me at matches as you have done for the last 5 years just because we disagreed on a message board.  

I really don't have an opinion on you one way or another. I don't know you.

5 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Don’t make a thread personal and then try and deflect. Explain what you meant about ‘having a conversation at home’. 

Sometimes I have a conversation with others to take on board a different slant, I am sure you do like wise.

20 minutes ago, Lags said:

Paste the complete post, not a snippet for the whole context. The final bit is common sense, we ALL need to be in it together. No fan = no money= no chance

If you are trying to tell me that on social media some people have not been egging others on to not renew and just do away days, you're blind. It's been working.

So blaming fans then. Thanks for the clarification Barry. 

14 minutes ago, Lags said:

I really don't have an opinion on you one way or another. I don't know you.

Fucking lol. I have no words. You’ve known me by name, face and internet name since 2005. That’s about as disrespectful as you can get. Well done. 

1 minute ago, jorvik_latic said:

So blaming fans then. Thanks for the clarification Barry. 

No,  Just a common sense statement. I certainly don't blame fans for the position the club is in. Cut and Paste.

2 minutes ago, maddog said:

Fucking lol. I have no words. You’ve known me by name, face and internet name since 2005. That’s about as disrespectful as you can get. Well done. 

Sorry if I've caused offence, it really wasn't my intention. Yes I know who you are, I just don't know you well enough to form an opinion, so given that I wouldn't. I hope that goes some way to redeem myself.

1 minute ago, Sparkleking said:

Trying to tone this down a bit...

Nice weather for the time of year isn't it?  Might go out for a picnic tomorrow...

I know what you mean, pity I can't pipe whale music down OWTB. 

Oh well, the thread as been stolen now, It won't be the first and certainly not the last.

6 hours ago, Lags said:

I know what you mean, pity I can't pipe whale music down OWTB. 

Oh well, the thread as been stolen now, It won't be the first and certainly not the last.

Someone asked way back in this topic if Barry had been banned or lost his OWTB login details.

Assuming neither to be the case, wouldn't it be better for Barry to post here in person rather than you relaying his offer to speak to people should they request.

Maybe the board would prove too hostile, in which case he just resumes his self imposed exile but i feel that people would adopt a less aggressive stance talking directly rather than through a third party.

I note the points you make and believe that the bloke wants the best for the club,has a desire to help in any way he can etc.

We all make mistakes, do and say things we may later regret, have sometimes pointless arguments but ultimately are all on the same side and the world keeps on turning.

I am sure that everyone on here would welcome Barry back and hopefully create less of a " them and us" mentality.

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

Someone asked way back in this topic if Barry had been banned or lost his OWTB login details.

Assuming neither to be the case, wouldn't it be better for Barry to post here in person rather than you relaying his offer to speak to people should they request.

Maybe the board would prove too hostile, in which case he just resumes his self imposed exile but i feel that people would adopt a less aggressive stance talking directly rather than through a third party.

I note the points you make and believe that the bloke wants the best for the club,has a desire to help in any way he can etc.

We all make mistakes, do and say things we may later regret, have sometimes pointless arguments but ultimately are all on the same side and the world keeps on turning.

I am sure that everyone on here would welcome Barry back and hopefully create less of a " them and us" mentality.

I hope he does and the board is more tolerant. Everyone desires more communication or so the consensus appears. 

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

😂😂😂😂😂

That was my reaction too. If it were written by a journalist the term used would be 'lazy'.

It didn't proved or show how the previous statement was incorrect, instead used a derogative term in its absence.

11 minutes ago, Lags said:

That was my reaction too. If it were written by a journalist the term used would be 'lazy'.

It didn't proved or show how the previous statement was incorrect, instead used a derogative term in its absence.

I'm not going to bite again as I'm trying to stop commenting on the thread, it's boring others. Let's leave it shall we?

20 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I'm not going to bite again as I'm trying to stop commenting on the thread, it's boring others. Let's leave it shall we?

Yes, that's fine by me. It wasn't contributing to the debate in any shape or form.

39 minutes ago, Lags said:

That wasn’t why l laughed, l laughed because it was some fuckin great advice, written succinctly and was guaranteed to be misunderstood and replied to.

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

That wasn’t why l laughed, l laughed because it was some fuckin great advice, written succinctly and was guaranteed to be misunderstood and replied to.

That's rather subjective. I however, fully understand why you would read it the way you have.  

Have you anything more to contribute to the debate at hand?