What would end the negativity?

Guest BeckfordsForehead

Guest BeckfordsForehead

Football is a fickle business.

If Latics picked up 4 points tonight and Saturday and were sat in a non-descript 16th in November, would the protests peter out and stop or is this a dedicated, prolonged campaign until he leaves?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BeckfordsForehead said:

If Latics picked up 4 points tonight and Saturday and were sat in a non-descript 16th in November, would the protests peter out and stop or is this a dedicated, prolonged campaign until he leaves?

It shouldn’t do, a few good results shouldn’t take away from the state our club is in. In my opinion the heart has been ripped out of our club lately and it’s in a state of disarray. It’s far bigger than just what’s going on, on the pitch.

Guest BeckfordsForehead

GhostofCecere is a great name.

The heart got ripped out 15 years ago (when I stopped going) but this is now the lowest point since the days of re-election.

I always keep my eyes on the results and read everything but it always seems like one good result instantly removes all need for change. 

I just wonder if it'll be different this time

Guest BeckfordsForehead

Thanks Bosch 

I was unfairly banned from this site a decade ago after a campaign. I'm glad more mature people like yourself have joined since.

It might ease things and improve the atmosphere for a short time..some decent signings would help as well but cant see that happening. 

Saturday was poor amd bradford were no great shakes. Situation will probably get worse before it gets better. 

Tonight could be fairly hostile we go a goal down early...

54 minutes ago, BeckfordsForehead said:

8 points for 2 games I’d be happy but we’d probably get accused of cheating 😂

Start of bright tonight and get at Exeter earlyO, it will certainly help in getting the crowd on side. Plus lets get a win under our belts going into Saturday and it will certainly give us something positive to focus on  instead predicting 4 games in that we are going to get relegated... 🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

why dont you want new posters ? 🤔

I didn't say I don't want new posters. There have been a lot of newbies appearing giving support to the current regime. I'm wondering how this one will turn out, hence the thinky emoji.

1 hour ago, BeckfordsForehead said:

Thanks Bosch 

I was unfairly banned from this site a decade ago after a campaign. I'm glad more mature people like yourself have joined since.

Enlighten me, what was your username when you were unfairly banned?

1 minute ago, Frankies6 said:

Start of bright tonight and get at Exeter earlyO, it will certainly help in getting the crowd on side. Plus lets get a win under our belts going into Saturday and it will certainly give us something positive to focus on  instead predicting 4 games in that we are going to get relegated... 🤣🤣

I get the feeling you'll still be coming out with this content come Christmas time...

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I get the feeling you'll still be coming out with this content come Christmas time...

We are still 4 months of Christmas.. Two go down in this tin pot league.. if we are still on 0 points at christmas i might start to get demotivated about our chances of survival.. but not 4 games in.

6 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I didn't say I don't want new posters. There have been a lot of newbies appearing giving support to the current regime. I'm wondering how this one will turn out, hence the thinky emoji.

We have a game tonight   our players need encouraging last thing they need to hear whilst preping for this game is an angry mob outside baying for the owners blood... do protest really achieve anything today ? 

Guest BeckfordsForehead
41 minutes ago, WLYOWD said:

8 points for 2 games I’d be happy but we’d probably get accused of cheating 😂

🤦🏽‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

We are still 4 months of Christmas.. Two go down in this tin pot league.. if we are still on 0 points at christmas i might start to get demotivated about our chances of survival.. but not 4 games in.

We have a game tonight   our players need encouraging last thing they need to hear whilst preping for this game is an angry mob outside baying for the owners blood... do protest really achieve anything today ? 

Absolutely bizarre. Where have I mentioned (not only in this post, but anywhere) my thoughts on how we should protest? By your logic, if you're not an apologist for the cunts ruining our club, then you will be part of "an angry mob outside baying for the owners (sic) blood". 

Don't put words in my mouth.

Archived