FLG - Club or Ground

FLG - Club or Ground  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which should The FLG concentrate on buying first?

• Club
    • Ground

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Spotted this Tweeted picture of The Athleticos' banners today.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48654752958_ce7a801d2a.jpg

Staggeringly naive to ask for the 51% rule here. Too late. 

Who is going to fund the billions required to buy back the 51% from private ownership for the fans to take on? 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

His funding of running the club. You must be equally if not more concerned about that surely.

Gate receipts, EFL money and potential debt presumably (though i don’t know that the debt matters too much seeing as it will be unsecured, unlike Bury/Bolton).  There you go, easy. 

37 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Gate receipts, EFL money and potential debt presumably (though i don’t know that the debt matters too much seeing as it will be unsecured, unlike Bury/Bolton).  There you go, easy. 

Easy enough to show in the accounts as well but that seems beyond him...

30 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Easy enough to show in the accounts as well but that seems beyond him...

It is not going to show anything different to the above is it?  How could it? 

But you are deflecting again... AL being poor at info doesn’t mean FLG should be the same.

We need more info, including crucial financial plans, from FLG...then perhaps everyone could get behind them more. Right now it’s difficult to get too excited about them. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

It is not going to show anything different to the above is it?  How could it? 

But you are deflecting again... AL being poor at info doesn’t mean FLG should be the same.

We need more info, including crucial financial plans, from FLG...then perhaps everyone could get behind them more. Right now it’s difficult to get too excited about them. 

Should be easy enough to show how the debt reduction came about surely.

Most folk seem pretty pleased at the prospect of being rid of Blitz and Gazal.

I accept that the football club is not for sale but I'm sure it would be sold if someone offered Marco enough money so that he could truthfully say that the venture had made a profit.  So we have to find someone who supports our club and has money to burn.

The FLG has to go forward and buy the stadium because that keeps it as a football ground and out of the hands of Marco & Mo.

The landlords want out and in under 2 years if possible.

Ideally want to sell to someone/organisation/consortium who want to keep it for football purposes.

However there are no guarantees until, signed, sealed and delivered.

There is a window of opportunity and the Trust will be discussing with the FSA about fan funding/community owned initiatives at our meeting in September. To exhaust the possibilities and all.

13 minutes ago, underdog said:

Ideally want to sell to someone/organisation/consortium who want to keep it for football purposes.

There is a window of opportunity and the Trust will be discussing with the FSA about fan funding/community owned initiatives at our meeting in September. To exhaust the possibilities and all.

Good idea. Relying solely on FLG, or any single solution, might be unwise. 

39 minutes ago, underdog said:

I may have totally misread the FLG but I was under impression that a purchase price had been agreed, FLG had the funds and the purchase was just a matter of time.  

Am I wrong or has this changed?

48 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I may have totally misread the FLG but I was under impression that a purchase price had been agreed, FLG had the funds and the purchase was just a matter of time.  

Am I wrong or has this changed?

Apologies maybe I was not as clear as I should have been

Yes FLG have agreed the price, but there is nothing wrong in seeking advice/exhausting all funding stream possibilities the Trust could tap into. Whether with the FLG  to acquire the assets (Our home) or any other projections too.

Cheers

1 hour ago, underdog said:

There is a window of opportunity and the Trust will be discussing with the FSA about fan funding/community owned initiatives at our meeting in September. 

If this carries on much longer there won't be any fans left to fund anything. 

36 minutes ago, underdog said:

Apologies maybe I was not as clear as I should have been

Yes FLG have agreed the price, but there is nothing wrong in seeking advice/exhausting all funding stream possibilities the Trust could tap into. Whether with the FLG  to acquire the assets (Our home) or any other projections too.

Cheers

So the FLG and their masked money men have agreed a price and we might hear in 3 or 4 months a bit more about that and the masks come off? Strange way to do business when we all want transparency?

30 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

So the FLG and their masked money men have agreed a price and we might hear in 3 or 4 months a bit more about that and the masks come off? Strange way to do business when we all want transparency?

The price is £7million which I am sure was stated in the July briefing and that was reported by Chris Stinger the day after.

Found it

http://d3d4football.com/fan-led-group-unveil-their-plans-for-oldham-athletic/

6 hours ago, underdog said:

The price is £7million which I am sure was stated in the July briefing and that was reported by Chris Stinger the day after.

Found it

http://d3d4football.com/fan-led-group-unveil-their-plans-for-oldham-athletic/

I know that you said a price had been agreed, I am not saying you were weren’t telling truth. I was questioning who the anonymous funders are and why they have to to keep their masks on? Transparency from those who just want to build houses all around the ground. At least the amigos were up front about doing that when they tried it and were not trying to stay anonymous? Who’s behind it (not fronting it) this time?

Archived