FLG - Club or Ground

FLG - Club or Ground  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which should The FLG concentrate on buying first?

• Club
    • Ground

Been done before but I thought it would be interesting to see of opinions have changed.

Personally feel The FLG should be going for the club first, then the ground.

There is apparently a profitable deal to be had with the club renting the OEC and using its facilities. Surely taking control of the club, enabling it to be run in a way everyone is happy with should be the first goal? Once that is secured, then work on a deal to get the ground as well.

Don't see what owning the ground without the club achieves.

Currently AL could potentially take the team to play elsewhere and the ground would be useful for what? A team playing in the NW counties league?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

The club isn’t for sale. 

For the right amount anything is. If you can afford the stadium, must have enough money to make an attractive offer for the club?

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

How much money have they got? 

Nobody knows

10 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

The club isn’t for sale. 

Just beat me too it.

Think I did post something similar the other week McFluff so thanks for thinking about it again. Ask yourselves:

What is for sale?

How does it effect future football being played in the borough?

Answer: The land or footprint of BP (in the main). Securing BP and via FLG or something similar, secures the stadium in the borough of Oldham. So we would not loose our home and a professional football team (we hope) continues to play there as per the covenant.

The Club is NOT for sale.

45 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

For the right amount anything is. If you can afford the stadium, must have enough money to make an attractive offer for the club?

Nobody knows

You can get a mortgage against property, particularly property than can generate and income. You need cash in the bank for a football club and lots of it, and the FLG won’t have that.

Owning the ground is imperative, even if we get taken under we can restart in the Northern Premier in the same way Bury will have to - if they have a ground that meets that leagues requirements.

Before anyone accuses me of scaremongering I am making a general point given the EFL are passing any old crank as suitable to run a football club. There really is nothing to stop Abdallah selling it on to someone for a pound who has little interest in taking the club forward in the same mould as Dale.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not be better waiting while that time comes or using money intended for stadium to offer for the club now so theres enough to run the club well?

Just supposing there was a pot of £5 million, how much would you be thinking of offering for an asset with a value of nothing?

Absolutely no doubt about it - ground.

With more people starting to boycott (see recent "home" support) the cashflow is being squeezed to unsustainable levels. Whatever your view on that, I doubt the current owner would want to keep throwing good money after bad when he appears to have "lost" a fair number of fans.

Despite the eternal optimists on here, it looks very bleak on the playing front. We are heading for the abyss - with barely a whimper from the fans or The Trust.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I was under the impression the FLG had financial backers. That’s all. 

You might be getting the impression you want. They've said there will be a maximum shareholding per individual, so how could it depend on one or two money men?

49 minutes ago, leeslover said:

You might be getting the impression you want. They've said there will be a maximum shareholding per individual, so how could it depend on one or two money men?

Because they have said they will buy it first-then offer shares to fans. So where are they going to find the initial payment?

48 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Because they have said they will buy it first-then offer shares to fans. So where are they going to find the initial payment?

I don't know, but would suppose it's part of the agreement with the seller. I just pointed out that Kow seemed to be speculating somewhat.

Archived