McCann Signs

7 hours ago, nzlatic said:

I am just speculating based on what I think we are missing from midfield - someone with experience who can put his foot on the ball, organise and control the game.  Who would work well in a 2 along side Missilou or Sylla.  Not necessarily a box to box goalscorer.  But I don't know what type of player he is.

Fair.  He did play a lot last season in league 1 though, albeit in a relegation side.

Personally I think another left back would be a bit of a waste of budget when we are so desperately in need of a forward and have 2 options at left back on the books already.  Would make more sense to me if he's adding to midfield options.  But either way, if he improves our lot then I'm more than happy.

Basing this on dropping the undroppable! Hes sold to us a ex prem player. Hes played the last 3 years playing in America. Another waste of wage, unless he replaces maouche!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A positive signing that isn’t what the negative lot would call a “Mo or AL signing” to replace players branded as not good enough/relegation fodder and yet still it’s greeted with the usual shite from the usual people. You’re embarrassing lads!

We could sign Messi and it’ll still be “another midfielder” & “a waste of a wage” blah fucking blah.

5 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

A positive signing that isn’t what the negative lot would call a “Mo or AL signing” to replace players branded as not good enough/relegation fodder and yet still it’s greeted with the usual shite from the usual people. You’re embarrassing lads!

We could sign Messi and it’ll still be “another midfielder” & “a waste of a wage” blah fucking blah.

The majority look on this as a decent signing, where people are having a gripe is in the fact our most pressing need is a striker, surely you can see that even if our Clown of an owner and his incompetent brother can't. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

The majority look on this as a decent signing, where people are having a gripe is in the fact our most pressing need is a striker, surely you can see that even if our Clown of an owner and his incompetent brother can't. 

It's indicative of the general atmosphere that the logical reaction to any signing is what's wrong with him?, why doesn't anyone else want him? etc. 

6 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

If he's so awesome, and Al & Mo are misunderstood geniuses, why have we signed him on a short term deal?  Our record on sign players playing for a deal is mixed.

6 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

We don’t need a striker then? 

30 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

We don’t need a striker then? 

4 replies (and there’ll be more) full of whataboutery. Well done lads 👍🏻

PS You can find many posts of mine stating we need a striker. No doubt if/when we find one it’ll be “but why does nobody else want him” again. And repeat 🙄

7 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Most of the comments have been either positive, hopeful, debating which position he’s been recruited for or questioning his fitness/match sharpness. 

All of which seemed perfectly reasonable I thought. 

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Most of the comments have been either positive, hopeful, debating which position he’s been recruited for or questioning his fitness/match sharpness. 

All of which seemed perfectly reasonable I thought. 

Of course they have, but certain posters have a agenda against the so called 'agendalads'. 

21 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

20 hours ago, singe said:

Long term youth strategy continues apace.

19 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Most clubs will have had the foresight to actually sign who they need during the window

19 hours ago, bluehobbit said:

revolutionary 1-9-1 formation about to take league 2 by storm

19 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It's a sign of the times than nobody can even be bothered to update Wikipedia...

18 hours ago, archiecat said:

Pointless signing

LATICS22: Another waste of wage

———————

Wash me down in a river of sniping, griping and negativity...

31 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

PS You can find many posts of mine stating we need a striker. No doubt if/when we find one it’ll be “but why does nobody else want him” again. And repeat 🙄

You knew exactly what reply you were going to get with your passive aggressive sub commenting set up. 

If you agree that we need a striker, why are you defending the signing of another midfielder? 

15 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

———————

And what’s the reason for the negativity? Do you ever think about that? You know full well how positive Clare and I used to be, Abdallah and his brother have ruined that. 

16 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

———————

So you’ve given 6 negative examples out of 36 replies to the post and this is a river of negativity?

Arguing aside, genuinely interested in your opinion on the signing. 

13 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

You knew exactly what reply you were going to get with your passive aggressive sub commenting set up. 

If you agree that we need a striker, why are you defending the signing of another midfielder? 

Because it isn’t exclusive that we get one or the other. 

11 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

And what’s the reason for the negativity? Do you ever think about that? You know full well how positive Clare and I used to be, Abdallah and his brother have ruined that. 

If that’s how you feel you need to be then there should be a “dial” on it. If there is it is a dial then it’s permanently set on “pissboil” at anything. It’s utterly ridiculous.

18 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

21 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

20 hours ago, singe said:

Long term youth strategy continues apace.

One of the first better than we already have in quite some time, which is good.

19 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Most clubs will have had the foresight to actually sign who they need during the window

19 hours ago, bluehobbit said:

revolutionary 1-9-1 formation about to take league 2 by storm

19 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It's a sign of the times than nobody can even be bothered to update Wikipedia...

18 hours ago, archiecat said:

Pointless signing

———————

Convenient you left out One of the first better than we already have in quite some time, which is good. the part of my post. So I added it back in.

Just now, boundaryblue80 said:

Because it it’s exclusive that we get one or the other. 

If that’s how you feel you need to be then there should be a “dial” on it. If there is it is a dial then it’s permanently set on “pissboil” at anything. It’s utterly ridiculous.

We should have been going all out to get a striker. 

There is a “dial” on it, you choose to focus on defending the negative posts though. 

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Arguing aside, genuinely interested in your opinion on the signing. 

For us at this level I think it’s a tidy signing. Short term so we aren’t stuck with a Coke situation if he doesn’t work out. Bags of potential to be an important addition to us like Morais and Wheater has been. 

55 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

"We could sign Messi and it’ll still be “another midfielder” & “a waste of a wage” blah fucking blah."  is  whataboutery.

Just now, jorvik_latic said:

We should have been going all out to get a striker. 

There is a “dial” on it, you choose to focus on defending the negative posts though. 

You'll find I was pointing out how laughable it is that the cry is “the recruitment has been terrible” and when there’s an attempt to rectify this it’s smeared with yet more negativity. Do you want “potentially” better players adding or not???

2 minutes ago, singe said:

"We could sign Messi and it’ll still be “another midfielder” & “a waste of a wage” blah fucking blah."  is  whataboutery.

Is it? The point you’ve obviously missed is that you and I both know if we did sign him there would be at least 1 poster with something negative to say. Maybe you eh? 

6 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

You'll find I was pointing out how laughable it is that the cry is “the recruitment has been terrible” and when there’s an attempt to rectify this it’s smeared with yet more negativity. Do you want “potentially” better players adding or not???

I want a striker that can put the ball in the fucking net. 

1 minute ago, boundaryblue80 said:

For us at this level I think it’s a tidy signing. Short term so we aren’t stuck with a Coke situation if he doesn’t work out. Bags of potential to be an important addition to us like Morais and Wheater has been. 

If Maouche is more long term injured he could be an important addition. I hope all those you mention pick up form, and we can get some young players in Jan so we get a better mix of the ideal youth and experience. I really hope that Dino gets a window of signings he wants. He won't get them all right, but we balance the squad.
He hasn't played for 4 months, so is going to take him a few games of the dozen or so he signed for to see how he is.

Archived