McCann Signs

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Or Left back more likely he will fill that position for us.

I understand left back's may be thin on the ground.
Has McCann played in that position before or is he going to be replacing Morais for the next three games?

27 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Has McCann played in that position before or is he going to be replacing Morais for the next three games?

Hes played half his career at LB. 

37 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

At least they're trying but one assumes there is a reason he's a free agent.

He left America. And their season is different to ours. Most clubs will have had the foresight to actually sign who they need during the window

Can't remember what type of midfielder he is, but we're lacking someone to control the game from the middle.  So I hope he is there for that role.

Although left back has been a weakness so far, I don't consider it a key position.  Still got hopes that the previously well thought of Smith-Brown can come good with more games under his belt.

55 minutes ago, Wardie said:

26 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Hes played half his career at LB. 

He left America. And their season is different to ours. Most clubs will have had the foresight to actually sign who they need during the window

Half his career might be stretching it Chris.

80ish games at Def Mid, 80ish at Centre mid, 22 at LB.

But at DC United this season and last have mainly been at LB.

McCann

Just now, nzlatic said:

Can't remember what type of midfielder he is, but we're lacking someone to control the game from the middle.  So I hope he is there for that role.

Although left back has been a weakness so far, I don't consider it a key position.  Still got hopes that the previously well thought of Smith-Brown can come good with more games under his belt.

He had a one in ten-ish goal record prior to retiring to America. 

Assuming he now wouldn't get forward as much given his age I'd rather play him at left back if we're going to persist with 4 at the back (albeit based on me never having heard of him, never mind seen him play, prior to him being linked).

Our midfield does the least shit job of the shit jobs each area of our team does. 

Stick him in defence - he might even do the talking/marshalling/putting his body on the line we though Wheater was going to do......

a solid signing for me. plenty of experience at better levels in the UK and will surely help guide some of the younder/foreign players on what is required for lower leagues here. we have far too many players but glad to see the club still prepared to add to the squad seeing as its well short of what we need.

11 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Smith-Brown looks way out of his depth even at this level. Hope it's just a confidence thing but he's really struggling.

A left back who can hold onto the ball and pick a pass could be just as useful as another body in midfield.

14 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Assuming he now wouldn't get forward as much given his age I'd rather play him at left back if we're going to persist with 4 at the back (albeit based on me never having heard of him, never mind seen him play, prior to him being linked).

Our midfield does the least shit job of the shit jobs each area of our team does. 

Stick him in defence - he might even do the talking/marshalling/putting his body on the line we though Wheater was going to do......

I am just speculating based on what I think we are missing from midfield - someone with experience who can put his foot on the ball, organise and control the game.  Who would work well in a 2 along side Missilou or Sylla.  Not necessarily a box to box goalscorer.  But I don't know what type of player he is.

5 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Smith-Brown looks way out of his depth even at this level. Hope it's just a confidence thing but he's really struggling.

A left back who can hold onto the ball and pick a pass could be just as useful as another body in midfield.

Fair.  He did play a lot last season in league 1 though, albeit in a relegation side.

Personally I think another left back would be a bit of a waste of budget when we are so desperately in need of a forward and have 2 options at left back on the books already.  Would make more sense to me if he's adding to midfield options.  But either way, if he improves our lot then I'm more than happy.

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Personally I think another left back would be a bit of a waste of budget when we are so desperately in need of a forward and have 2 options at left back on the books already.  Would make more sense to me if he's adding to midfield options.  But either way, if he improves our lot then I'm more than happy.

There's no doubt a forward should've been a priority, it has been all season and apparently will continue to be.

43 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Stick him in defence - he might even do the talking/marshalling/putting his body on the line we thought Wheater was going to do......

Maybe replace him as Captain too.....

Archived