McCann Signs

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Is it? The point you’ve obviously missed is that you and I both know if we did sign him there would be at least 1 poster with something negative to say. Maybe you eh? 

At least Messi knows where the fucking onion bag is. 

So who has signed him and why.  He has been training with the team for some weeks so clearly arrived before our head coach.

If he is any good we will give him game time only for McCann to say thank you I'll now move on.

I suspect he is another who can only run for 60 minutes so a perfect replacement for Filipe.  Should play today so we will see - well those of us who still support the team will.

9 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

A positive signing that isn’t what the negative lot would call a “Mo or AL signing” to replace players branded as not good enough/relegation fodder and yet still it’s greeted with the usual shite from the usual people. You’re embarrassing lads!

We could sign Messi and it’ll still be “another midfielder” & “a waste of a wage” blah fucking blah.

I agree. I said after the fans forum that even if we signed Messi and Aguero, someone would say “yeah but Sefil is crap!”.

3 hours ago, singe said:

If he's so awesome, and Al & Mo are misunderstood geniuses, why have we signed him on a short term deal?  Our record on sign players playing for a deal is mixed.

We don’t know yet whether he’s going to be awesome or not but he’s a very experienced player, former Burnley captain. He must have something about him! Would you have preferred them to have given him a 2 year contract like Giles Coke? Give him a chance to prove himself and if he does well then we probably have first option on retaining him on a longer deal. Makes sense to me.

Hey everybody look at me :tongue1: oops sorry,just slipped into BB80 mode for a second.

I hope McCann turns out to be good but even if he is a class act, i very much doubt he will revive the fortunes of this team.

There is only one way to turn this nightmare around and it begins with The Clowns riding off into the sunset.

38 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

We don’t know yet whether he’s going to be awesome or not but he’s a very experienced player, former Burnley captain. He must have something about him! Would you have preferred them to have given him a 2 year contract like Giles Coke? Give him a chance to prove himself and if he does well then we probably have first option on retaining him on a longer deal. Makes sense to me.

Stop talking shite. I literally said " One of the first better than we already have in quite some time, which is good. "  my response was to bringing Messi into the conversatin, somehing both of you ahve done for some really bizarre reason. The rest of what you are saying I pretty much agree with, but he is very match unfit, so it is going to take some time.

11 minutes ago, singe said:

Stop talking shite. I literally said " One of the first better than we already have in quite some time, which is good. "  my response was to bringing Messi into the conversatin, somehing both of you ahve done for some really bizarre reason. The rest of what you are saying I pretty much agree with, but he is very match unfit, so it is going to take some time.

It’s not a bizarre reason. It’s to point out that even if a positive signing was made, some people would always find a negative about it, because that’s what they’d rather do. Some people aren’t happy unless they’re moaning. 

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

I want a striker that can put the ball in the fucking net. 

As do we all, but it will be very difficult in January. If AL is willing to pay a fee for a proven striker we have a chance, but even proven strikers don't always carry on scoring. Look at Doyle, hopeless at Portsmouth, Preston and Bradford, he comes here and scores for fun, as he is doing at Swindon. Wilson seemed a decent signing, but after seeing him play he looks terrible. The other option is letting lucky on a loan signing who is someone out of favour like Doyle, or a young Prem or Championship lad who does well like Surridge. 

4 minutes ago, al_bro said:

As do we all, but it will be very difficult in January. If AL is willing to pay a fee for a proven striker we have a chance, but even proven strikers don't always carry on scoring. Look at Doyle, hopeless at Portsmouth, Preston and Bradford, he comes here and scores for fun, as he is doing at Swindon. Wilson seemed a decent signing, but after seeing him play he looks terrible. The other option is letting lucky on a loan signing who is someone out of favour like Doyle, or a young Prem or Championship lad who does well like Surridge. 

I think taking a chance on a young Prem or Championship striker is probably our best chance. Unless there’s someone in the Conference who fancies a permanent move? A striker who is already catching a league team though and is scoring goals probably wouldn’t be released by his club, and if it’s a striker who isn’t scoring goals, why would we want him? Admittedly Doyle is proving the exception to that rule, but I’m guessing that’s because Wellens is able to get the very best out of him. Good man-management in all likelihood. We are desperate for a big striker though in my opinion. Someone who Azankpo or Wilson can feed off. I don’t know much about Macclesfield or Wilson but I doubt very much that he was playing up front as a lone striker for them last season. 

18 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I think taking a chance on a young Prem or Championship striker is probably our best chance. Unless there’s someone in the Conference who fancies a permanent move? A striker who is already catching a league team though and is scoring goals probably wouldn’t be released by his club, and if it’s a striker who isn’t scoring goals, why would we want him? Admittedly Doyle is proving the exception to that rule, but I’m guessing that’s because Wellens is able to get the very best out of him. Good man-management in all likelihood. We are desperate for a big striker though in my opinion. Someone who Azankpo or Wilson can feed off. I don’t know much about Macclesfield or Wilson but I doubt very much that he was playing up front as a lone striker for them last season. 

Your correct. Macc fans say he only did the job playin off someone. I agree we need a striker but my opinion is we need mills back in and a LB more. We don't struggle massively to score but all the goals we conceded come from our full backs fuckin up. Especially LB. Low balls in to the centre from the FB not doin his job. Countless times we've lost points from goals from those positions

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

It’s not a bizarre reason. It’s to point out that even if a positive signing was made, some people would always find a negative about it, because that’s what they’d rather do. Some people aren’t happy unless they’re moaning. 

And at the opposite end to those who just like moaning, are those people who just sit there with their heads buried in the sand oblivious to the reality that we are 89th in the football league and we are watching the worst Oldham Athletic side of all time.

Back to this signing who knows he has shown some pedigree earlier in his career at 32 while he maybe past his peak should still be able to offer us something. On the flip side it doesn't address the obvious goals problem and our recruitment record has so far been rubbish so the same people responsible for this are responsible for the other dross we've signed. That doesn't mean this player will be crap but its a point worthy of consideration.

12 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

A positive signing that isn’t what the negative lot would call a “Mo or AL signing” to replace players branded as not good enough/relegation fodder and yet still it’s greeted with the usual shite from the usual people. You’re embarrassing lads!

We could sign Messi and it’ll still be “another midfielder” & “a waste of a wage” blah fucking blah.

:petesake:

Looked like he had

40 minutes ago, singe said:

How did McCann get on today ? Rip up any plants? 

Looked like he hadn't played in a while... few missed placed passes etc.  Was trying to organise and cajole others through the game.  Played along side Sylla as  a pair of deep lying midfielders at times. 

Fluffed a decent chance. No better or worse than anyone else today

57 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

Looked like he had

Looked like he hadn't played in a while... few missed placed passes etc.  Was trying to organise and cajole others through the game.  Played along side Sylla as  a pair of deep lying midfielders at times. 

Fluffed a decent chance. No better or worse than anyone else today

53 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

I thought he was poor.... Cant judge too much as he wont be fit but don't think he added anything more than what we already had. 

Give him 5/6 games and see though

22 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Nowhere near as good as Eagles was in his last start. I wonder why he's out of favour?

Ta. 

Would be unfair to expect too much of him for the first few matches. 

6 hours ago, singe said:

For the record I'd have been happy enough with Billy Clarke, a bit of a risky signing or not.

Plymouth probably offered him more money, which will be the case for any signing we try to make in January I'm afraid.

25 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Plymouth probably offered him more money, which will be the case for any signing we try to make in January I'm afraid.

That will happen, it's when we embarrassingly under offer to the point of taking the piss that's the issue.

We cant afford to skimp on a striker. 

25 minutes ago, singe said:

That will happen, it's when we embarrassingly under offer to the point of taking the piss that's the issue.

We cant afford to skimp on a striker. 

What happened to the Edmundson money? We should have got a decent striker using a bit of that.

Archived