Lee Marland

8 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I’m really behind this story, which is so sad with his passing.

I don’t know the background to this fellow blue. Who was this lad?.

I may be wrong but I think he was diagnosed with cancer. I didn't know him myself but must have been in his 20's.

1 minute ago, Lukers1 said:

Ah, ok, was he the big Oldham fan who sadly passed away a couple of years ago?.

No, he passed away last week. I don't know his age but I think he was probably closer to his 40's than 20's.

The club posted a lovely tribute on Twitter today.

Think the club got it right today  from the. Shirt with his name on it  in the photo  to the minutes applause and his name on the advertising hoardings.i didn’t know Lee but I’m sure Lee’s-family appreciated  the nice touch from the club 

He was a lovely fella was Lee, sadly diagnosed with terminal cancer last year.  He got married last year and has left a lovely wife and children. He has a great family and they would be delighted with the send off he had. His brother contacted PTB to see if they could get Andy Ritchie to visit him and PTB via Big Tony Feeley was happy to organise.

Lee was 49 when he passed away, hence the tribute on 49th minute.

Credit must go to the club for their great tribute, the shirt with number 49 Marland on it, displaying his flag at training yesterday and performing magnificently today

Always happy to lavish praise on the club when they get something right - they did today in abundance!!!

RIP Lee - a lovely fella        

46 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

He was a lovely fella was Lee, sadly diagnosed with terminal cancer last year.  He got married last year and has left a lovely wife and children. He has a great family and they would be delighted with the send off he had. His brother contacted PTB to see if they could get Andy Ritchie to visit him and PTB via Big Tony Feeley was happy to organise.

Lee was 49 when he passed away, hence the tribute on 49th minute.

Credit must go to the club for their great tribute, the shirt with number 49 Marland on it, displaying his flag at training yesterday and performing magnificently today

Always happy to lavish praise on the club when they get something right - they did today in abundance!!!

RIP Lee - a lovely fella        

Think his niece said he was diagnosed almost straight after the wedding, sad.

18 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Think his niece said he was diagnosed almost straight after the wedding, sad.

He was first diagnosed ten years ago and fought like a champion, a nicer more pleasant man you'd fail to meet and considering his troubles he had a smile that could light up any room and his positivity was inspiring, fair play to the club I give them enough shit but the tributes they paid and the performance was wonderful, well done. 

RIP - Theres only one Lee Marland 💙

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He was first diagnosed ten years ago and fought like a champion, a nicer more pleasant man you'd fail to meet and considering his troubles he had a smile that could light up any room and his positivity was inspiring, fair play to the club I give them enough shit but the tributes they paid and the performance was wonderful, well done. 

RIP - Theres only one Lee Marland 💙

Actually your right she did say that, ten years ago.  Cancer is a horrible thing to happen to anyone!

Archived