Match day 1990 FA cup semi finals re-runs 18.04.2020

BBC 1 today 2pm.

Are showing the greatest every semi-final matches of the day and its Latics V Man united at Maine Rd.

So I thought, if us fans are struggling for our latics fix, or to keep the kids entertained. Why not pretend its match day, get your footy shirt on, your refreshments in, forget the result and live the match if it was live now, educate the little ones on a bit of latics history too.

It's a shame the club have not jumped on this and run it as a best photo competition of you at home watching this. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05rqb6k?fbclid=IwAR1lt43HewsiSUJikLtNmehLPKAjDkVJ8Mflor5ms2qnAedY0Di3ufzOLs8

11 minutes ago, madlatic said:

Erm didn’t we play Manure ??

bugger, yes we did....I ws posting on some FB sites and my brain typed this...well spotted.

Think its this match or the replay, that Ricky Holden cheekily took a quick throw in, off the back of a United player's back as he was jogging past.

Wonder if that would be allowed today...heheh

Thirty years on I might just watch this for the first time. Was on holiday in Cyprus at the time and sat in the hotel bar listening on the wireless with a load of reds, probably 40 or so of them and me (14 years old) and my dad. Was gutted that I wasn’t in Manchester that day. 

10 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Thirty years on I might just watch this for the first time. Was on holiday in Cyprus at the time and sat in the hotel bar listening on the wireless with a load of reds, probably 40 or so of them and me (14 years old) and my dad. Was gutted that I wasn’t in Manchester that day. 

wow...

There are Two matches so I am hoping they will give us a good 20 mins on the TV. Think they did when I saw this re-run several years ago first time around

Think the weather was a tad warmer in 1990 as well, was it not sunny?...certainly was in Cyprus I bet

31 minutes ago, underdog said:

wow...

There are Two matches so I am hoping they will give us a good 20 mins on the TV. Think they did when I saw this re-run several years ago first time around

Think the weather was a tad warmer in 1990 as well, was it not sunny?...certainly was in Cyprus I bet

I seem to remember it being mad hot. It’s hard to believe now that only 30 years ago they couldn’t get it on the box. Think it was BBC World Service that had it on. 

Not the only big game of the day I missed, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday to name two 😫

36 minutes ago, underdog said:

wow...

Just seen that it’s only only on for an hour and that’s for both matches. The media love in with the dippers will mean we get 15 minutes no doubt. 

28 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Just seen that it’s only only on for an hour and that’s for both matches. The media love in with the dippers will mean we get 15 minutes no doubt. 

its better that the 5 seconds we get these days haha.

Wonder if they will show the goal that never was.....Nicky Henry...ohhh for goaline technology

When I look back on those glory days this is the match I always remember as the  absolute peak. We may not have won but in terms of  the football we played I don’t think we ever played better considering the occasion and everything. Everything about the day was just brilliant from the weather, atmosphere, the game itself and just how proud I was of the team that day.

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

And there were two Oldhamers in the Palace side

One of whom is extremely well endowed with a kink near the end! 🙈🙈🙈

This FACT was given to me by David Platt (Pemberton’s room mate when they were both at Crewe) one night in Tramtracks night club.  I was trying to get him to sign for Latics but he was on the verge of joining Villa 😊😊😊

2 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

One of whom is extremely well endowed with a kink near the end! 🙈🙈🙈

This FACT was given to me by David Platt (Pemberton’s room mate when they were both at Crewe) one night in Tramtracks night club.  I was trying to get him to sign for Latics but he was on the verge of joining Villa 😊😊😊

I wish I could unread that!

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I was up out of my seat more watching that then I have been in the last two seasons.

So was I.....Hubby being united giving me some friendly grief........now where did I put that cyanide? ,,,hmmmm

Archived