3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

If ( which I think is more than likely) AL fails in his bid to buy the ground are the FLG ready to step back in?

Are the FLG still running the OEC?

You're not seriously expecting an answer?  As far as running the OEC at the moment, what's to run?

OK.....are the FLG still responsible for the management of the OEC?

Do we think ......if AL fails in his attempt to buy the freehold the FLG will be ready and willing to step back in to negotiations with Brassbank?

I doubt the people we know about in the FLG will any longer have the money to step in. Simon Wood in particular, must be in danger of going bust himself having only recently opened another restaurant. He must be mortgaged up to the hilt, let alone his rental charges.

15 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I doubt the people we know about in the FLG will any longer have the money to step in. Simon Wood in particular, must be in danger of going bust himself having only recently opened another restaurant. He must be mortgaged up to the hilt, let alone his rental charges.

Don’t think it’s appropriate to publicly suggest that someone is in danger of “going bust” . No evidence just your supposition. 

34 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Don’t think it’s appropriate to publicly suggest that someone is in danger of “going bust” . No evidence just your supposition. 

I am in no way stating that he is going bust, I don't know his finances. However he is in a sector that is well known to have serious problems ahead.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Do we think ......if AL fails in his attempt to buy the freehold the FLG will be ready and willing to step back in to negotiations with Brassbank?

there are various scenarios, nothing stopping Brass bank taking the club and owning both. Just that they have stated they did not want to own a footy club again. But maybe a better package to sell on if we were whole?

I have seen FB updates on the OEC during lock down, I have not heard/seen any announcements to say there has been a change

6 hours ago, al_bro said:

Simon Wood in particular, must be in danger of going bust himself having only recently opened another restaurant. He must be mortgaged up to the hilt, let alone his rental charges.

To be fair, he's been really proactive since the lockdown if his Twitter feed is anything to go by. He's providing a delivery service which has been successful (sells out most weeks). Of course, it's not like his usual turnover but "in danger of going bust" is a bit of a glib comment, no?

18 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Hopefully the mystery backers waiting in the wings have not been affected by the economic downturn and are readying their swoop to buy the whole club as we speak

Archived