Reality check

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Newport, forest green, Carlisle, Cheltenham and Morecambe currently make up the top 5. All have a pre-covid fan base of around 4K or under, which should be compatible with us.

I expect us to be able to compete with those teams, I just don’t have the faith in the current owner to actually achieve that. 

Yeah, fair do’s. 

On 12/28/2020 at 3:26 AM, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Off topic, my take on this season for what it’s worth, we’ve got Rowe and bahambouola who are too good for this league. the rest of them would struggle at conference level and I include mcaleny in that. Think HK has done a superb job getting this team to where he has. It’s still not good enough though but at the same time, we’re not owed an easy season just because we’ve struggled for years.

Think you're being very generous to both Danny Rowe and Harry Kewell there...

21 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Think you're being very generous to both Danny Rowe and Harry Kewell there...

From what you've heard, are the owners and Kewell settled enough? 

I think he's had a decent first half of the season overall although far from perfect, but I don't see any need for us to sack him as the instability would be much more damaging to the club.  

44 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

From what you've heard, are the owners and Kewell settled enough? 

I think he's had a decent first half of the season overall although far from perfect, but I don't see any need for us to sack him as the instability would be much more damaging to the club.  

They had a good relationship anyway. He is the most fortunate out of all the managers we have had in that Abdallah has been out of the country pretty much since Kewell started the job. 

Mo has recently returned just ahead of the transfer window...

33 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

They had a good relationship anyway. He is the most fortunate out of all the managers we have had in that Abdallah has been out of the country pretty much since Kewell started the job. 

Mo has recently returned just ahead of the transfer window...

Has that accounted for Fage being back in the starting eleven ahead of Jombati? Or not? And how did Mo get back in with all this Covid tier system?

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I think Fage starting ahead of Jombati is justified, don't you...?

We will have to agree to disagree on that one, I'm afraid. Whilst Jombati isn't the greatest RB we've ever had, I would always start him ahead of Fage. I don't rate Fage very highly at all.

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

On the second point, flights are still coming in and out of England. They have to quarantine for 10 days after arrival...

Quite right, of course. I hadn't thought of that.

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Lost my password for the old one. I had done it previously too and @Stevie_J sorted it for me (on numerous occasions) so, when it happened again, decided to give Stevie a break and just set up the new one...

Welcome back LS(2).

As much as the team has missed the honesty, values and experience that Chris McCann brought to the team, the message board has in equal measure missed you. 

Archived