MATCH: vs Forest Green Rovers (A) 02/01/21

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't looked at the laws of the game directly but this claims to be from the laws

”…any League Match which from any cause whatever falls short of 90 (ninety) minutes’ duration may be ordered to count as a completed fixture or be replayed in full or in part on whatever terms and conditions the Board shall in their absolute discretion determine and shall be played in compliance with these Regulations and the Football Association Rules respectively and under the Laws of the Game as approved by the International Football Association Board”

So either it stands as is if United are winning, replayed from scratch if we have an unlikely lead,  or the missing minutes are played if the ref has really upset someone who wants him to travel , get changed etc for a missing 15 minutes

5 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Where did you get that info from? Trump hq?

No - from mostly hear say as I’m sorry to say I don’t carry the FA rule book around with me but here says “unless organisers decide otherwise”

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-7---the-duration-of-the-match

football league executive has final say 

Blackpool and Huddersfield was abandoned after pitch invasion only a few years ago and the result was ordered to stand 

as I say I read that some were hoping the result would stand - maybe in jest but I thought they would be interested in the article - seems Latics thought it was pertinent to mention the game would be played in its entirety bar yellow cards.  I’ll ask permission from you and the rest of the owtb oracles next time 

Archived