MATCH: vs Newport County (H) 07/08/2021

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit puzzled how people are saying it was an okay solid performance, it was fucking boring with no shot in target with a raffle winner up top. Two defenders going off with injury, add the other centre half and Dearnely to that we have four players who are going to be injured all season.

Also, fill that fucking pot hole in the Car park, cut the grass so we look at least a little bit presentable. And bloody sort the hospitality and food out, what a disgrace and tin pot club we have become. Jesus Christ 

Had we come away with a point that would of been a good start against a team that are one of the favourites to get promoted this season, poor defending for both the goal and the one ruled out for offside.

Big ask for Blyth today in fairness to him he's been thrown in at the deep end. Luamba offered alot more when he was on chasing every ball and applying pressure from the front. 

Adams and Stobbs look well getting up the line and putting balls in. Cisse looks to be good signing. Bowden looks like he'll improve as he gets settled and used to playing the rest of the team. Pidge had decent game,I expected abit more DKD he's shown last season he's better than he was yesterday and with McAleny going to Salford he needs to set up now.

Get Dearney Hope and Bahamboula back and we will definitely look more of a threat going forward. 

26 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Bit puzzled how people are saying it was an okay solid performance, it was fucking boring with no shot in target with a raffle winner up top. Two defenders going off with injury, add the other centre half and Dearnely to that we have four players who are going to be injured all season.

Also, fill that fucking pot hole in the Car park, cut the grass so we look at least a little bit presentable. And bloody sort the hospitality and food out, what a disgrace and tin pot club we have become. Jesus Christ 

Perhaps some people see things a little differently, some people like you focus on the negatives and some may look to see if there could be some potential or improvement before hitting level 10 and skipping irate stage 1-9.

7 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Had we come away with a point that would of been a good start against a team that are one of the favourites to get promoted this season, poor defending for both the goal and the one ruled out for offside.

Big ask for Blyth today in fairness to him he's been thrown in at the deep end. Luamba offered alot more when he was on chasing every ball and applying pressure from the front. 

Adams and Stobbs look well getting up the line and putting balls in. Cisse looks to be good signing. Bowden looks like he'll improve as he gets settled and used to playing the rest of the team. Pidge had decent game,I expected abit more DKD he's shown last season he's better than he was yesterday and with McAleny going to Salford he needs to set up now.

Get Dearnley Hope and Bahamboula back and we will definitely look more of a threat going forward. 

Has it been confirmed that Bahamboula wasn't able to play, or is it possible he wasn't played to prevent him from getting injured before the transfer window shuts? 

4 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Has it been confirmed that Bahamboula wasn't able to play, or is it possible he wasn't played to prevent him from getting injured before the transfer window shuts? 

Given the amount of hype about him since his return on the clubs socials you'd think they'd want to be playing him and bumping the price up for him I'd be surprised if he left this window.. possibly in the winter window thou 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Given the amount of hype about him since his return on the clubs socials you'd think they'd want to be playing him and bumping the price up for him I'd be surprised if he left this window.. possibly in the winter window thou 🤷‍♂️

I had 2 Boro fans with us yesterday who both said Bahamboula looked knowwhere near good enough for the Championship, they said they needed more rounded footballers rather than Bahamboula who in their words was " just skillful "

37 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Honest opinion on that yesterday is that I can't really make any true judgement due to the missing players, which not only weakened the starting eleven but also the subs bench.

I fully understand that those who already have the negative and quick to judge disposition will write us off already and thrive on the negatives from yesterday.

I can't really say it was fantastic and we will be up there at the season end. We were severely hampered by lack of quality up top.

Now I'm not saying Hope will be a world beater but if he and Bahamboula had started that game the outcome could have been very different.

I am pretty confident in thinking Hope would have made the ball stick, would have been more intelligent with his movement and would have caused their defenders more problems….

absolutely.  

3 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I had 2 Boro fans with us yesterday who both said Bahamboula looked knowwhere near good enough for the Championship, they said they needed more rounded footballers rather than Bahamboula who in their words was " just skillful "

Which I think is was Curle alludes to when he says he has a lot to learn which someone people take as “Curle doesn’t like him”

3 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I don't expect him to be sold to a championship side to be honest it will be a league two side who are fighting for promotion or a league one side IMHO

2 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

“just skilful” 😂

35 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Totally agree. It’s a disgrace. However, that’s on Blitz and the OEC surely?  So forget it.. one can’t be arsed unless it’s a house for sale and the other is invisible and useless. 

1 minute ago, wroteforluck87 said:

I don't expect him to be sold to a championship side to be honest it will be a league two side who are fighting for promotion or a league one side IMHO

I'm going to eat some humble pie here.

A few weeks ago there were comments about Bahamboula regarding should he go to fund shoring up defence / midfield and I was in the get some money for him camp.

After yesterday I say we absolutely need him.

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

“just skilful” 😂

Totally agree. It’s a disgrace. However, that’s on Blitz and the OEC surely?  So forget it.. one can’t be arsed unless it’s a house for sale and the other is invisible and useless. 

Yes it’s Asset stripper Blitz and his minions who need to fix that the parking and general housekeeping behind the RRE is just as bad.

When I picked up my season ticket my Newcastle supporting mate came (who for some insane reason wants to come to a couple of games this season)

and she said the whole place just screams “don’t care” and what a sad mess it looked 

it’s a shame - - they hadn’t even managed to properly paint over the graffiti aimed at Mo and Al 

30 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Usually when a player is in a shop window he isn't in the match day squad.  Teams who are interested would of been looking at him last season. 

6 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Yes it’s Asset stripper Blitz and his minions who need to fix that the parking and general housekeeping behind the RRE is just as bad.

When I picked up my season ticket my Newcastle supporting mate came (who for some insane reason wants to come to a couple of games this season)

and she said the whole place just screams “don’t care” and what a sad mess it looked 

it’s a shame - - they hadn’t even managed to properly paint over the graffiti aimed at Mo and Al 

How hard/expensive is it to get a few tonnes of gravel and a strimmer!? Bunch of amateurs on an ego trip. Annoys me.

20 tonnes gravel  - 700 quid

Petrol heavy strimmer - 200 quid

Effort - minimal (you lazy gits!)

24 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I'm going to eat some humble pie here.

A few weeks ago there were comments about Bahamboula regarding should he go to fund shoring up defence / midfield and I was in the get some money for him camp.

After yesterday I say we absolutely need him.

Definitely I get that he doesn't offer alot going back but with cisse there to clean up that frees up bahamboula to do what he does best 

15 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

How hard/expensive is it to get a few tonnes of gravel and a strimmer!? Bunch of amateurs on an ego trip. Annoys me.

20 tonnes gravel  - 700 quid

Petrol heavy strimmer - 200 quid

Effort - minimal (you lazy gits!)

I always think the same about the plastic panels on the side of The Chaddy and RRE. 

Little improvements like that will completely transform the place!! 

The morning after the game is always a good time to reflect on the teams performance.

Overall the odds were stacked against us given the missing players and Curle set us up accordingly. We almost held out for a point but throughout it seemed that our only chance of scoring was from a set piece.

In the end the outcome of the match hinged on the play of one man: our captain Carl Piergianni. As always he was constantly involved at the back - dominant in the air and strong in the tackle. He was also our only attacking threat from set pieces.

He may have his limitations but he put in another typically wholehearted display. 

And yet, having watched the highlights, it was Piergianni who lost Ellison for the goal. 
And maybe he should have scored with one of his attempts in the opposition area.

However, ultimately he was let down by his teammates. 

Others simply have to step up. 

DKD flatters to deceive - he finds space well but his contribution to the game was poor - encapsulated by a woeful shot in the second half.

Whelan has to demand the ball more and be more decisive.

Bowden was tentative in his approach but there does look a good player in there.

Cisse put in a shift but was let down too often by poor control.

Hart was far too reckless in the challenge early on and his yellow card after 22 minutes saw him lose his edge. 
Luamba was lively but again poor technique let him down on occasions.

Clarke looked decent - I hope it was just cramp that caused his substitution. 
Stobbs - impressed with his short time on the pitch.

As did Sheehan.

Rogers, Adams and Jameson did okay.

And Blyth, though he put himself about, is simply out of his depth.

All in all it was good to be back at BP. But in the end it was deja vu all over again

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The morning after the game is always a good time to reflect on the teams performance.

Overall the odds were stacked against us given the missing players and Curle set us up accordingly. We almost held out for a point but throughout it seemed that our only chance of scoring was from a set piece.

In the end the outcome of the match hinged on the play of one man: our captain Carl Piergianni. As always he was constantly involved at the back - dominant in the air and strong in the tackle. He was also our only attacking threat from set pieces.

He may have his limitations but he put in another typically wholehearted display. 

And yet, having watched the highlights, it was Piergianni who lost Ellison for the goal. 
And maybe he should have scored with one of his attempts in the opposition area.

However, ultimately he was let down by his teammates. 

Others simply have to step up. 

DKD flatters to deceive - he finds space well but his contribution to the game was poor - encapsulated by a woeful shot in the second half.

Whelan has to demand the ball more and be more decisive.

Bowden was tentative in his approach but there does look a good player in there.

Cisse put in a shift but was let down too often by poor control.

Hart was far too reckless in the challenge early on and his yellow card after 22 minutes saw him lose his edge. 
Luamba was lively but again poor technique let him down on occasions.

Clarke looked decent - I hope it was just cramp that caused his substitution. 
Stobbs - impressed with his short time on the pitch.

As did Sheehan.

Rogers, Adams and Jameson did okay.

And Blyth, though he put himself about, is simply out of his depth.

All in all it was good to be back at BP. But in the end it was deja vu all over again

Good, level headed summing up 

11 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

I always think the same about the plastic panels on the side of The Chaddy and RRE. 

I often think the same, small things really but would improve the look of the ground.

20 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

7 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I often think the same, small things really but would improve the look of the ground.

Didn’t Karl say they’d used COVID to do quite a bit of maintenance on the ground?

Have to say other than changing the badge on the North Stand I didn’t see it

7 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Didn’t Karl say they’d used COVID to do quite a bit of maintenance on the ground?

Have to say other than changing the badge on the North Stand I didn’t see it

You don’t expect the club to pay to sort out Blitz’s asset do you?  The landlord is a disgrace.

I don’t know about modern H&S assessments….but I’m surprised that the car park and public walking areas across the car park and at the corner where the North and RRE meet pass it. 

16 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You don’t expect the club to pay to sort out Blitz’s asset do you?  The landlord is a disgrace.

I don’t know about modern H&S assessments….but I’m surprised that the car park and public walking areas across the car park and at the corner where the North and RRE meet pass it. 

No I don’t - though I do care about my own image and professionalism

but I’m not the one who said that the club were using the COVID down time to do much overdue work and maintenance particularly in the main stand - Karl Evans did 

considering someone on Twitter was saying there was no hot water in the toilets and also no soap (unforgivable in this day) I’m assuming it wasn’t extensive work 

Archived