Relegation

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

We are at the point where it is completely pointless to speculate about possible signings.  We all know we need a (more than a, really) forward but we also know that anyone of any promise ain't coming here under the current circumstances.

There's always hope...pun intended.😁

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Glossop had Rory Fallon playing upfront for them. Not the one who played for Swindon bit who played for FC United you may have heard of him.

Think I'd take the old Rory Fallon now.😆

Back on track….If we were to be relegated in May and providing we were under new ownership could we comfortably compete in the National League.

Just had look at the division in more detail after several home fixtures and it makes disturbing reading. Apart from Wrexham who have attracted high profile owners we couldn’t match any of the following even with our attendances in League 1!!

Current National League positions and average attendances 21/22

18th  Southend 5015

5th   Chesterfield 5063

1st    Grimsby 5739

10th  Notts Co 5925

11th   Stockport 6181

12th  Wrexham 7719

I’d like to think we could mix it with that lot but those are phenomenal attendances for non league football and it’s by no means certain.

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Back on track….If we were to be relegated in May and providing we were under new ownership could we comfortably compete in the National League.

Just had look at the division in more detail after several home fixtures and it makes disturbing reading. Apart from Wrexham who have attracted high profile owners we couldn’t match any of the following even with our attendances in League 1!!

18th  Southend 5015

5th   Chesterfield 5063

1st    Grimsby 5739

10th  Notts Co 5925

11th   Stockport 6181

12th  Wrexham 7719

I’d like to think we could mix it with that lot but those are phenomenal attendances for non league football and it’s by no means certain.

Grimsby, Stockport & Wrexham certainly are attracting substantially better support in non-league than they did when at the 2nd tier of English football. Southend, Chesterfield and Notts I would say are probably around the same as their general average in EFL. 

Latics traditionally are at the same level at least as all the above maybe with the exception of Notts who are a City club and our crowds historically would be above all apart from Notts. 

Under AL this will never happen, the club will just continue to haemorrage support (despite the official figures which are dubious to say the least).  Under a new regime and with some upwards momentum that comes from an effective plan or just maybe relief at freedom from a tyranny, I believe we could see crowds akin to these again     

30 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

18th  Southend 5015

5th   Chesterfield 5063

1st    Grimsby 5739

10th  Notts Co 5925

11th   Stockport 6181

12th  Wrexham 7719

Grimsby have the sort of owners we dream of.  Not moneybags who may be gone tomorrow but genuine fans from the area, made good and putting something back.

On 10/6/2021 at 2:08 PM, unsworth blue said:

Grimsby, Stockport & Wrexham certainly are attracting substantially better support in non-league than they did when at the 2nd tier of English football. Southend, Chesterfield and Notts I would say are probably around the same as their general average in EFL. 

Latics traditionally are at the same level at least as all the above maybe with the exception of Notts who are a City club and our crowds historically would be above all apart from Notts. 

Under AL this will never happen, the club will just continue to haemorrage support (despite the official figures which are dubious to say the least).  Under a new regime and with some upwards momentum that comes from an effective plan or just maybe relief at freedom from a tyranny, I believe we could see crowds akin to these again     

Our crowds would definitely increase if we were winningin the NL. 

I mean look at our home record over this season and last! It's just more and more punishment week after week.

I'm amazed we get the numbers we do....

4 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Our crowds would definitely increase if we were winningin the NL. 

I mean look at our home record over this season and last! It's just more and more punishment week after week.

I'm amazed we get the numbers we do....

P28 W6 D3 L19

On 10/6/2021 at 2:23 PM, Dave_Og said:

Grimsby have the sort of owners we dream of.  Not moneybags who may be gone tomorrow but genuine fans from the area, made good and putting something back.

plenty in oldham but just need some help and guidance bring it on plz

Archived