MATCH: vs Mansfield Town (A) 09/10/21

11 hours ago, JoeP said:

Purely by accident, I would guess, the Lemsagams are being quite clever here. 

They've come in and over the space of three and a half years destroyed the club's reputation, interfered in team affairs and are now skint.  So with the club at it's lowest ebb, after their masterplan failing, they've decided to leave the manager to it, with no money.  Curle's avoiding the fate of the umpteen other managers we've had under their reign firstly because they can't afford to pay him off and secondly so they can turn round and say to the fans "hey, we're doing what you've asked - we're kept faith with the manager AND we're leaving him to it", when in reality he doesn't have a chance.

Lets snap out of this phase of blaming the manager.  It's the owners and the owners only we should want out at the moment.

i understand the point you are making, however I don’t accept that Curle is blameless for the poor performances we have seen this season.

Yes he has been dealt a poor hand by the owners inability to properly run and finance the club.

Yes he has been hamstrung(*) by the huge number of injuries to his playing squad.

Yes he has not been helped by many of the players being unable to do the basics when on the pitch. (They need to take some responsibility too).

But his approach and some of his tactical decisions have been baffling.

Like it or not the the responsibility for the football on the pitch ultimately  lies with the manager.

* with so many hamstring injuries I couldn’t resist … sorry 😞 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

i understand the point you are making, however I don’t accept that Curle is blameless for the poor performances we have seen this season.

Yes he has been dealt a poor hand by the owners inability to properly run and finance the club.

Yes he has been hamstrung(*) by the huge number of injuries to his playing squad.

Yes he has not been helped by many of the players being unable to do the basics when on the pitch. (They need to take some responsibility too).

Like it or not the the responsibility for the football on the pitch ultimately  lies with the manager.

Yeah, not completely blameless - I mean the manager must have some influence, because certain managers have performed better than others under the Lemsagams (for example, I thought Scholes was shite and was amazed that some fans saw his departure as the straw that broke the camel's back, while Bunn and Wild did as well as they could).

The fact is though, the Lemsagams have destroyed everything about the club (it's "dead" as Metty said on the podcast) and have decided that now is the time to stop funding and leave the carcass for the manager to deal with.  It was a shocking start, but the last three league games, in my opinion, have shown a very slight upturn and I'd be willing to give Curle a few more games to see how it pans out.

But even if they return to 3 and 4 nil defeats, sacking him and bringing in someone else really won't make that much difference..

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Let's face it, Curly Keef is tactically inept. I know there are lots of injuries but Bambam and Vaughan are available and like running at the opposition and beating them quite handsomely, so why does Keef put them wide? Look at what a centre half doesn't like, they don't like being run at, or turned, or diagonal balls that split them, which is just what Bambam and Vaughan do well. Both these players attract two or three markers which is why sometimes they can't move the ball as quick as they would like due to lack of support. Put the pair of them through the middle and give the opposition both barrels. Going wide just gives the opposition time to re group, which is why they have to pass it backwards so much, very annoying! A good full back will always show them the line and any ball being crossed will always give the advantage to the defending team, as they will always outnumber the attacking team especially one that is as slow as ours at moving the ball forward. I will miss the next 6 games and if we don't get at least 3 wins he should be gone by the time I get home.

7 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

Let's face it, Curly Keef is tactically inept. I know there are lots of injuries but Bambam and Vaughan are available and like running at the opposition and beating them quite handsomely, so why does Keef put them wide? Look at what a centre half doesn't like, they don't like being run at, or turned, or diagonal balls that split them, which is just what Bambam and Vaughan do well. Both these players attract two or three markers which is why sometimes they can't move the ball as quick as they would like due to lack of support. Put the pair of them through the middle and give the opposition both barrels. Going wide just gives the opposition time to re group, which is why they have to pass it backwards so much, very annoying! A good full back will always show them the line and any ball being crossed will always give the advantage to the defending team, as they will always outnumber the attacking team especially one that is as slow as ours at moving the ball forward. I will miss the next 6 games and if we don't get at least 3 wins he should be gone by the time I get home.

He won't relinquish his 2 defensive midfielders no matter what the situation. 

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived