MATCH:vs Sunderland (A) Pizza Cup 01/12/2021 ๐Ÿ•

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say the players who represented the club last nightย  actually looked like they were enjoying their football. Passing the ball around with confidence, positive movements all over the pitch and working as a defensive unit. I just hope we can take this positive result into the tranmere game and give us fans something to cheer aboutย 

39 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I must say the players who represented the club last nightย  actually looked like they were enjoying their football. Passing the ball around with confidence, positive movements all over the pitch and working as a defensive unit. I just hope we can take this positive result into the tranmere game and give us fans something to cheer aboutย 

I didnโ€™t watch the game but it does sound like it was a much improved team performance.

Did Cisse play in the back four? How did he do?

ย 

I have just listened to Benachourโ€™s post match interview and I like how he comes across ๐Ÿ‘

17 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I didnโ€™t watch the game but it does sound like it was a much improved team performance.

ย 

I have just listened to Benachourโ€™s post match interview and I like how he comes across ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Cisse was pretty anonymous in midfield.ย  I haven't watched a single second of a league match this season but for some reason I decided to watch this.ย  Weird decision but not a bad one

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

ย 

Cisse was pretty anonymous in midfield.ย  I haven't watched a single second of a league match this season but for some reason I decided to watch this.ย  Weird decision but not a bad one

He started to grow into the game, been out 3 month's so Im going to go easy on him, I do like his presence in midfield and he was acting as shield to the defence.. I do believe he was highly thought of at Leyton Orient..ย 

12 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

He started to grow into the game, been out 3 month's so Im going to go easy on him, I do like his presence in midfield and he was acting as shield to the defence.. I do believe he was highly thought of at Leyton Orient..ย 

Not highly enough for them to keep him and he certainly hasn't come here for the money

2 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Cisse, at 6โ€™5โ€, is the tallest squad member - I wonder if he could play as a centre back?

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

Cisse, at 6โ€™5โ€, is the tallest squad member - I wonder if he could play as a centre back?

I'm not sure but it's good to have that type of height in the team, he does also look like hes bulked out aswell , I imagine he's spent abit of time in the gym whilst he's been out.

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

ย 

If by anonymous, you mean in the sense that he hardly touched the ball, thenย  i agree. However, he didnt have to. I think that he did a more than sufficient job of marking inking players which limited Sunderland's movement.

12 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

If by anonymous, you mean in the sense that he hardly touched the ball, thenย  i agree. However, he didnt have to. I think that he did a more than sufficient job of marking inking players which limited Sunderland's movement.

I sort of meant didn't stand out either way

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

I'm not sure but it's good to have that type of height in the team, he does also look like hes bulked out aswell , I imagine he's spent abit of time in the gym whilst he's been out.

ย 

He lacks pace, can't jump or turn so may not be suited to centre back. However, I wouldn't rule it out if we had injuries.ย 

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

ย 

There were rwo significant changes that I noticed last night.

Firstly, the football was adventurous and bordered on gung ho. The players appeared to play with far less fear.

ย 

Secondly, the pride and joy in Benachour's post match interview was palpable.

ย 

ย 

Archived