MATCH:vs Sunderland (A) Pizza Cup 01/12/2021 🍕

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Can’t believe some of our fans have actually travelled up to Sunderland!😳

My eldest lives in Newcastle and has gone tonight as its pretty close, took some Magpies with him as they haven't been to the stadium of light. 

Good win. Not sure if he was resting a few but the balance of team just seemed better with only one of whelan and Bowden. Vaughan also made a diff with a good display. They weren’t arsed but a much needed moral boost for the new manager and team. Just hope we can kick on somehow in the league 

2 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Good win. Not sure if he was resting a few but the balance of team just seemed better with only one of whelan and Bowden. Vaughan also made a diff with a good display. They weren’t arsed but a much needed moral boost for the new manager and team. Just hope we can kick on somehow in the league 

Wait. What have I missed?

Martin, Dick and Cock not coming then?

37 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

Anyone care to give a match report? Tactics, formation, difference in playing style.

Sunderland fans bemoaning they played 3 at the back leaving the flanks wide open.

Seen that before somewhere.😆

We played 4231.

They rated Stobbs as our most dangerous player.

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Seem to play better against teams in the division above. The way we set up is probably more useful against better teams, but no good to us at the rough end of league 2...

Its true, they aren't as physical in Division 1, it's the big rough teams we cant handle.

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sunderland fans bemoaning they played 3 at the back leaving the flanks wide open.

Seen that before somewhere.😆

We played 4231.

They rated Stobbs as our most dangerous player.

Cheers BP, Stobbs does have something about him.

3 at the back, it does sound familiar.

Stobbs does have something about him….

If he does I haven’t seen it, admittedly he looks to go forward at every opportunity but I have yet to see him get past a defender. Apart from him hitting the bar last week I have yet to see him get a decent cross in or get a shot on target!!

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Stobbs does have something about him….

If he does I haven’t seen it, admittedly he looks to go forward at every opportunity but I have yet to see him get past a defender. Apart from him hitting the bar last week I have yet to see him get a decent cross in or get a shot on target!!

He's one of those who will break the net with a goal one day, hope its soon. 

Archived