MATCH: vs Forest Green Rovers (H) 11/12/21

October 1964 Tuesday night home v Bristol City won 7-3. 2 goals from Jimmy Frizzell.  3rd highest aggregate at B.P. we were losing the match 2-1 early on. Prior to that our 11-2 win v Chester(also losing 2-1 early) in 1952 is the biggest aggregate score in a Boundary Park league game.

We had a 6-3 defeat v Wimbledon away and 6-3 win against them at home. Prem.

I believe the 13-4 defeat to Tranmere is still the biggest aggregate score in all football league games history.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Having watched the highlights, whilst he wasn’t helped by the defence Leuitwiler was awful for all 5

He's been a real disappointment. Doesn't save anything that you wouldn't expect him to.... rarely pulls of a "how did he get to that?!", punches everything (and not always well) and he's really slow down to low efforts. We've had worse but considering where he has played. He's not been great. 

I'd also rest Couto - gives players a bit too much room. Was hard in the first 45 mins as FGR's number 2 basically played in our half meaning he always had two players to keep an eye on and I think he and Hart were unsure where to go. He's got potential and he's done well at times this season (he was great at 'Dale) but I think he needs to come out the firing line for a bit. 

Stick Bam on one flank and Stobbs ( i don't rate him but he well when he came on) on the other for a couple of week and lets see what happens.

Adams has put some great balls in from full back but he needs someone running with him down the line to create space against the opposition defenders as he's not going beat a man with a trick.

Defo some promise going forward which we haven't seen all season but have to try and tighten up at the back. Bring Harrison in and drop Clarke out as well

53 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

He's been a real disappointment. Doesn't save anything that you wouldn't expect him to.... rarely pulls of a "how did he get to that?!", punches everything (and not always well) and he's really slow down to low efforts. We've had worse but considering where he has played. He's not been great. 

I'd also rest Couto - gives players a bit too much room. Was hard in the first 45 mins as FGR's number 2 basically played in our half meaning he always had two players to keep an eye on and I think he and Hart were unsure where to go. He's got potential and he's done well at times this season (he was great at 'Dale) but I think he needs to come out the firing line for a bit. 

Stick Bam on one flank and Stobbs ( i don't rate him but he well when he came on) on the other for a couple of week and lets see what happens.

Adams has put some great balls in from full back but he needs someone running with him down the line to create space against the opposition defenders as he's not going beat a man with a trick.

Defo some promise going forward which we haven't seen all season but have to try and tighten up at the back. Bring Harrison in and drop Clarke out as well

Agreed Stobbs on the right wing Bahamboula on the left.

Adams and Stobbs combined well and I think Hart and Bamboula could do the same. McGahey back for Clarke and the formation looks a lot better.

Hope has earned a start as he's found some aggression in the last couple of games, why couldn't Curle bring this out of him?

56 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Agreed Stobbs on the right wing Bahamboula on the left.

Adams and Stobbs combined well and I think Hart and Bamboula could do the same. McGahey back for Clarke and the formation looks a lot better.

Hope has earned a start as he's found some aggression in the last couple of games, why couldn't Curle bring this out of him?

I know a guy who played under curle and he said he’s got a certain way he wants you to play. His tactics clearly influenced certain performances but odd hope struggled as played under him before. Bowden also looks quite a bit better now curle has gone. Plus we are getting plenty of crosses in so more to work with up front. 

19 hours ago, Careca9 said:

Just seen that hopcutt was dropped as turned up late and 2 others were in same boat. Wonder if mcgahey was one of the others as should have been nailed on to start 

Nice easy decision to put MaGuy straight back in after shipping five in the last match. 

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived