OAFC Action Group

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not really, no.  It has gone horribly wrong since 2008 and I agree, largely, with @lookersstandandy that he could have done things much different since then but never in a million years was it even remotely likely that the club and the ground would be reunited under a single ownership in the early years of his involvement.

Again- from a business point of view it was shrewd. But I have said all along- if you want to buy land and sell it on for development don’t do it with a community asset. 

It’s morally wrong. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, League one forever said:

Again- from a business point of view it was shrewd. But I have said all along- if you want to buy land and sell it on for development don’t do it with a community asset. 

It’s morally wrong. 

yes, maybe so.  There weren't many others looking to buy though - we were even closer to the precipice then than we are now (I hope)

On 1/5/2022 at 3:56 PM, BPAS said:

We're going to cover this story on the podcast this week.....

Is Sam invited onto the podcast to share her side of the story as it sounded to me she was a little miffed off with how it was all handled…

7 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Is Sam invited onto the podcast to share her side of the story as it sounded to me she was a little miffed off with how it was all handled…

Yes, she was invited.....

Archived