OAFC Action Group

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Andy b said:

Disagree. I don’t believe in pipe dreams, particularly not when it comes to the question of whether a group of people (perhaps 4000 such people) have the collective means and wherewithal to run a small (for now) league club. We are not talking about funding a trip to Mars here

Just where are going to find people to run this new 'fan owned' club?

You have already stated above you have no faith or confidence in the current trust. 

We have 3 or 4 splinter groups now all supposedly having a common goal but no sign of them being united. Now we have a ground or badge conflict.

We have one group trying to raise funds and plenty of folk moaning/complaining because they cannot publish a current bank balance.

Plenty have been asked-'well you have a go then' with no take up as far as I have seen.

This is from an active forum here of what-say 100-200 people so how are you planning to unite 4000?

So how do you propose to achieve and then take the club forward under fan ownership?

5 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

You have already stated above you have no faith or confidence in the current trust. 

We have 3 or 4 splinter groups now all supposedly having a common goal but no sign of them being united. Now we have a ground or badge conflict.

We have one group trying to raise funds and plenty of folk moaning/complaining because they cannot publish a current bank balance.

Plenty have been asked-'well you have a go then' with no take up as far as I have seen.

This is from an active forum here of what-say 100-200 people so how are you planning to unite 4000?

So how do you propose to achieve and then take the club forward under fan ownership?

Kind of joined the range of the negative there Whittles. 

7 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The club isn't up for sale. 

I doubt he will swallow his pride, hold his hands up and say 'You lot were right all along. I'll put it on the market." If we're waiting for that then the end is nigh.

If someone approaches him and offers him a way out, there just might be a chance.

15 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I don’t have the answers. But the groups mandated to represent fans should at least be considering whether we should be striving for fan ownership.

in my line of work, when developing a strategy of any type, which I am told the trust are doing in order to guide their future activities and focus, you lay out reasonable options and subject them to a comparative appraisal undertaken on a consistent basis to identify the optimum one. 

In our current context, striving for fan ownership has to be an option worthy of consideration. I am not saying it is the best option or any better than a n other but setting an objective to own some more of the club/ground has to be AN option for the trust at the point at which it is developing a new strategy for the future. 

1 hour ago, Steve_R said:

I doubt he will swallow his pride, hold his hands up and say 'You lot were right all along. I'll put it on the market." If we're waiting for that then the end is nigh.

If someone approaches him and offers him a way out, there just might be a chance.

PTB have told us that someone offered AL £1.5m but he turned it down. That person was asked to have another go, ut refuses to offer more than their initial offer, which is IMO very generous. 

For OASF to buy and run the club, if AL was willing to sell for a sum more than £1.5m. would IMO be untenable. They just don't have the funds to do it.

If OASF bought the land and stadium, then that is a one off payment and an investment, but would they be willing to put the club into admin. if AL doesn't pay the rent? That would seem like a very silly thing to do for a group of fans who support the club.

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

PTB have told us that someone offered AL £1.5m but he turned it down. That person was asked to have another go, ut refuses to offer more than their initial offer, which is IMO very generous. 

For OASF to buy and run the club, if AL was willing to sell for a sum more than £1.5m. would IMO be untenable. They just don't have the funds to do it.

If OASF bought the land and stadium, then that is a one off payment and an investment, but would they be willing to put the club into admin. if AL doesn't pay the rent? That would seem like a very silly thing to do for a group of fans who support the club.

Not for me Al. 

If we owned the ground. I’d be willing to completely reset, and the start of that would be forcing that clown out. It will likely mean admin - yes. But the upside is any new owner HAS to work with the fans as landlords. Which for any sane, normal person shouldn’t be difficult. 

7 hours ago, Andy b said:

Just to be clear Adam, buying more shares is a valid purpose and one I would endorse if adopted as the strategy. 

Buying more shares? Honestly?

Surely, there is at least a reasonable chance of insolvency in the future. In that case, buying shares would appear foolhardy (apologies if this is addressed later in the thread as only got up to here).

11 hours ago, GrahamHughes said:

Another protest group to go along with PTB and the foundation who’ve themselves become a protest group. None of which inspire confidence,the future isn’t great!😩

I'm sorry, what?

Unless I'm mistaken (and sincere apologies if I am), aren't you related to Paul Hughes?  I believe he is a fan who is trying his best so I'm not going to be unnecessarily critical and will try not to be too personal, but from a fan perspective the phrase "doesn't inspire confidence" perfectly sums up the work he's done so far with both OASF and OAFC.  Hence why there's a thread that refers to him as "Barry Mark II".

Archived