OAFC Action Group

22 hours ago, Andy b said:

It needs to have a proactive purpose rather than a reactive one to get buy in. I can’t emphasise that enough. 

You cannot expect the money to be spent on buying extra shares in the club? What proactive purpose would you suggest Andy? 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

You cannot expect the money to be spent on buying extra shares in the club? What proactive purpose would you suggest Andy? 

I think the fund should go to buying the ground off Blitz. 

I know it’s millions, and yes I know we have a paltry amount so far. But I think this is the sort target that A, gives people clear direction what it is, and B, gives people something concrete (literally and metaphorically) for their money. 

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think the fund should go to buying the ground off Blitz. 

I know it’s millions, and yes I know we have a paltry amount so far. But I think this is the sort target that A, gives people clear direction what it is, and B, gives people something concrete (literally and metaphorically) for their money. 

For me as a group PTB has been very vocal on this point. Would you rather safeguard the club and prevent another Macclesfield or save the bricks and mortar? For me it’s the club all day long. Since admin in 2003 a lot has changed in regards to how clubs survive the help certainly isn’t as good as it was. 

We need to be realistic in regards to the money we can get together. Even offering £1/2 million would be a lot for fans to get together, the Brand is worth more than stadium for me personally. 

16 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Buying more of the club and/or buying some or all of the ground. It would need a complementary strategy to open these doors so to speak (ie having the dosh isn’t enough) 

I don’t trust anyone to run the club and own the ground without fans having a proper, meaningful stake in one or both. Rolling the dice in the hope of someone better than AL/Blitz makes me nervous. 

fan owning some or all of the ground or club may be a temporary solution but by having ownership you get to

A) say who your ownership is sold to

b) control the terms of that future transfer of ownership so the club and ground aren’t put at risk 

1 minute ago, Andy b said:

Buying more of the club and/or buying some or all of the ground. It would need a complementary strategy to open these doors so to speak (ie having the dosh isn’t enough) 

I don’t trust anyone to run the club and own the ground without fans having a proper, meaningful stake in one or both. Rolling the dice in the hope of someone better than AL/Blitz makes me nervous. 

fan owning some or all of the ground or club may be a temporary solution but by having ownership you get to

A) say who your ownership is sold to

b) control the terms of that future transfer of ownership so the club and ground aren’t put at risk 

Either option needs a willing seller

7 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

For me as a group PTB has been very vocal on this point. Would you rather safeguard the club and prevent another Macclesfield or save the bricks and mortar? For me it’s the club all day long. Since admin in 2003 a lot has changed in regards to how clubs survive the help certainly isn’t as good as it was. 

We need to be realistic in regards to the money we can get together. Even offering £1/2 million would be a lot for fans to get together, the Brand is worth more than stadium for me personally. 

Ah see, I disagree there. 

The ground is everything in my eyes. It’s our home, and no matter how low the club eventually goes- everything could be built back up if the fans owned the ground. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Ah see, I disagree there. 

The ground is everything in my eyes. It’s our home, and no matter how low the club eventually goes- everything could be built back up if the fans owned the ground. 

There are differing views. That there has been no effort from the trust to discuss with fans what we should be raising money for is dissapointing. It goes a long way to explaining the low up take 

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Either option needs a willing seller

Time to ask Blitz to sell. We have asked AL and had our reply. 

He needs to be asked publicly to sell at a discount price for the good of the club. His response will buy its own bad publicity for him unless he does the right thing.

46 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Just to be clear Adam, buying more shares is a valid purpose and one I would endorse if adopted as the strategy. 

11 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Just to be clear Adam, buying more shares is a valid purpose and one I would endorse if adopted as the strategy. 

Can't see any point in that whatsoever unless it's more than 50%.  Not least because they can always be diluted.  Money down the drain

4 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Ie ‘meaningful’

With that level of meaningful comes the obligation to fund its running, at least until enough revenue can be generated, routinely, to do so.  That's a pipe dream for now

15 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

With that level of meaningful comes the obligation to fund its running, at least until enough revenue can be generated, routinely, to do so.  That's a pipe dream for now

Disagree. I don’t believe in pipe dreams, particularly not when it comes to the question of whether a group of people (perhaps 4000 such people) have the collective means and wherewithal to run a small (for now) league club. We are not talking about funding a trip to Mars here

32 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Disagree. I don’t believe in pipe dreams, particularly not when it comes to the question of whether a group of people (perhaps 4000 such people) have the collective means and wherewithal to run a small (for now) league club. We are not talking about funding a trip to Mars here

We'll agree to disagree then.  I hope you are right

38 minutes ago, Andy b said:

If we assume we can muster the expertise, where's the money coming from? £100k a month running costs i believe?

There needs to be some clear objective as to what funds are being raised for.

I personally don't think Abdallah has any intention of selling the club. I doubt he's putting any more money in, hence taking out the EFL loan. He probably still thinks he and Mo can still turn it round, but when he eventually decides he can't, he'll drop us like a stone, and we'll be in administration, or worse.

I thought the whole idea of this contingency fund was to be prepared for that, but nothing has been actually laid out. It probably needs some ambitious target and clear goals set, to either do this or raise enough to make him an offer to take it off his hands. I'm more than happy to put a decent monthly amount in if it looked like a goer, but as things stand at the moment it just seem like my money would be going into another black hole with little to show for it.

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

We'll agree to disagree then.  I hope you are right

I don’t know that I am. Far from it.

But surely we have to seek a future where fans have a greater say and ability to influence than we have had over the last 20 years. That has to be the future we strive for. There may be another way to achieving that than legal ownership but I dont know what that looks like. 

am just hugely frustrated that we have a trust that isn’t even contemplating this issue (or more to the point hasn’t asked fans about it). Surely seeking to acquire some or all of the club / ground has to be a relevant option to be considered (and potentially discounted) in the context of our current predicament. 

All I see is the trust writing statements that don’t really achieve much and advocating an AL out message.

There are two halves to replacing the owner. One is getting him to leave, the other is the question of his replacement. The latter isn’t really being given attention. 

Fully agree with this. All we hear is that Abdallah must sell the club, but I've not heard of anyone wanting to buy it. If there is someone out there it needs to be brought to his attention asap instead of just allowing him to let it wither and die. If not we need to mobilise to do something about it, at least until an alternative can be found.

Just now, Steve_R said:

Fully agree with this. All we hear is that Abdallah must sell the club, but I've not heard of anyone wanting to buy it. If there is someone out there it needs to be brought to his attention asap instead of just allowing him to let it wither and die. If not we need to mobilise to do something about it, at least until an alternative can be found.

There's loads of buyers apparently, all seemingly happy to remain anonymous and let the club they want to buy so badly slide into non league.

18 minutes ago, Andy b said:

I don’t know that I am. Far from it.

But surely we have to seek a future where fans have a greater say and ability to influence than we have had over the last 20 years. That has to be the future we strive for. There may be another way to achieving that than legal ownership but I dont know what that looks like. 

am just hugely frustrated that we have a trust that isn’t even contemplating this issue (or more to the point hasn’t asked fans about it). Surely seeking to acquire some or all of the club / ground has to be a relevant option to be considered (and potentially discounted) in the context of our current predicament. 

All I see is the trust writing statements that don’t really achieve much and advocating an AL out message.

There are two halves to replacing the owner. One is getting him to leave, the other is the question of his replacement. The latter isn’t really being given attention. 

Trust is just another arm of PTB now, might as well amalgamate and have done with it.

Archived