OAFC Action Group

On 1/2/2022 at 1:07 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

Anyone seen these guys on Twitter or know anything about them?

Talking of organising protests and are selling Abdallah out scarves…

We need unity rather than all these splinter groups, we will have more fan groups than wins soon 

On 1/2/2022 at 2:18 PM, Monty Burns said:

Not seen anything in the way of protest for a while so if there is now a group focused solely on protest then thats no bad thing. As long as they aren't just tryna make a bit of profit, that should all be going to the same place whatever the group.

On 1/2/2022 at 2:22 PM, peanuts2 said:

belive profit from the scarves is going to the oasf fund 

On 1/2/2022 at 2:28 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

£15 a scarf - £3 to OASF

so they’re paying £12 a scarf to be produced?

Jesus, is Abdallah in charge?  As he’s used to having his pants pulled down over business deals 

On 1/2/2022 at 2:31 PM, peanuts2 said:

if you can get them made as a limited production run cheaper why dont you offer to help then they can maximize the profit for Oasf ?

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Rumours that they've stitched up (pun intended) Sam Corry over the scarves?

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

There were a few tweets about using her design but Bradley/Nathan look to have sorted it out.

New design £10 per scarf with £5 going to OASF fund.

29 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

is there a link to whatever is going on here?

We're going to cover this story on the podcast this week.....

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Then just one of this lunatics rants (you can see the rest by clicking his name). Been in hospital apparently- best place for him 

Can't make head nor tail of it and zero inclination to try

8 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

To “Barry” if it’s actually him I’m Prince Andrew and can’t sweat

His 2 follows on Twitter are someone who works at the OEC and Cardi B. So I’m guessing it’s a very weird parody!

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

His 2 follows on Twitter are someone who works at the OEC and Cardi B. So I’m guessing it’s a very weird parody!

The letters OECCARDIB make up the word RED CARDIE. Coincidence? I think not.

(don't tell me there are different/not enough letters, conspiracies don't care for facts)

2 hours ago, Matt said:

The letters OECCARDIB make up the word RED CARDIE. Coincidence? I think not.

(don't tell me there are different/not enough letters, conspiracies don't care for facts)

I hear the fleece has gone and these days he wears a car bodice. 

12 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'm sorry, what?

Unless I'm mistaken (and sincere apologies if I am), aren't you related to Paul Hughes?  I believe he is a fan who is trying his best so I'm not going to be unnecessarily critical and will try not to be too personal, but from a fan perspective the phrase "doesn't inspire confidence" perfectly sums up the work he's done so far with both OASF and OAFC.  Hence why there's a thread that refers to him as "Barry Mark II".

You’re correct I’m his son.My point was there’s already enough splits in the fan base without another group forming.The club was divided by Blitz we don’t need a divided fan base on top of everything else.I’d personally step away if I was my old man but he obviously feels he can benefit the employees at a difficult time so whom I to say otherwise.He’s not as vocal as Barry but he’s well liked in the club by those there on a day to day basis.

3 hours ago, GrahamHughes said:

You’re correct I’m his son.My point was there’s already enough splits in the fan base without another group forming.The club was divided by Blitz we don’t need a divided fan base on top of everything else.I’d personally step away if I was my old man but he obviously feels he can benefit the employees at a difficult time so whom I to say otherwise.He’s not as vocal as Barry but he’s well liked in the club by those there on a day to day basis.

That's a very fair reply and if he's having a positive influence with the behind the scenes staff (i.e. not the board) then that's a great credit to him.

I must admit though that I'm glad for his sake and the fans sake that the offer to be a mediator between OASF and the club was rejected by OASF.  I don't think that would've ended well for any of the parties involved.

3 hours ago, GrahamHughes said:

There is only one split Graham, those that think the owners should go. And those that think the owners are doing their best in difficult circumstances. The former is the overwhelming majority, the latter is the ever decreasing small minority.

One it which it your dad seems to fall into- otherwise I can’t see why he would want to help the owners. You are conflating this majority as a split. It’s not. It’s just the different objectives/ideas/wants for the same goal- the owners out, against the sycophants and deluded who think the owners are doing a good job, or at the very least - the best they can. 

I don’t know you, but I listened to you on the pod and to be honest you sounded reticent/vague about why your dad had decided to join the board, and your point about ‘personally I’d step away if I was my old man’ confirms to me how you come across the pod- very conflicted. Which is perfectly understandable, but also demonstrates how you see things despite the vague connection between blitz and the fanbase. 

let’s be clear. 

Blitz divided the club and it assets up.

ALMO has divided/lost the fanbase. 

Blitz is culpable in so many ways for our demise, but let’s not confuse a shrewd (for his benefit not the club) businessman with someone who is an inept narcissist who employs yes men to further his brothers fantasy of owing a football club. 

You come across on the pod as a decent bloke, and I’m sure your dad is on a personal level. But let’s not A, confuse fact with fiction, or B, pretend that your dad isn’t (as a life long fan) absolutely loving being on the inside- despite what you or I, or the majority of the fan base can see is very poisoned chalice. 

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

let’s be clear. 

Blitz divided the club and it assets up.

He really didn't. The club and the land were divided into separate ownership almost a decade before he came along. It was the prime factor in SAFE being formed which could be seen as a son of Stop The Rot and in some ways a forerunner of the Trust and PTB. Sadly it achieved very little. 

42 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

He really didn't. The club and the land were divided into separate ownership almost a decade before he came along. It was the prime factor in SAFE being formed which could be seen as a son of Stop The Rot and in some ways a forerunner of the Trust and PTB. Sadly it achieved very little. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this deal done with the council due to the fact we were pretty much bankrupt and going out of business. The season prior to Chris Moore rocking up the club made a £900k loss and had debts of £3million?

11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this deal done with the council due to the fact we were pretty much bankrupt and going out of business. The season prior to Chris Moore rocking up the club made a £900k loss and had debts of £3million?

That sort of thing.  Can't say I recall the numbers but that is the principle.  The council bought the ground maybe three years before Moore appeared.  If there hadn't been a possible land development angle post Moore's exit then I am certain in my own mind that the club would have folded then.

11 hours ago, GrahamHughes said:

The club was divided by Blitz….

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

No, it wasn't. 

34 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

…..If there hadn't been a possible land development angle post Moore's exit then I am certain in my own mind that the club would have folded then.

Dave is absolutely correct from a factual standpoint….

….however I sympathise with Graham’s POV, in a much as the land and club were reunited under the same owners - albeit in different limited companies - from 2004/5.

I take issue with Blitz because he should have looked to sell the lot, lock stock & barrel in 2010, when he decided he didn’t want to play football club owner anymore, which would have allowed us to move on, but his personal greed got in the way & contributed to us being asphyxiated for a decade plus ever since….

….where I get really frustrated though, is when folk fail to appreciate the Lemsagam’s are our primary concern today. They have been spectacularly bad, to a degree that makes the TTA look like saints, and that takes some doing.

Also, the Trust & Barry especially, did Fook all for supporters in respect of preparing for our hour of need (again) and that dereliction of duty is what the current team are trying to fix.

We need them ALL gone!!!!

Blitz may have inherited a separate club and ground but he did absolutely nothing to rectify that, rather he saw it as an opportunity to further divide the assets and land and profit from the sum of the parts.

Whilst the 3 Charlatans may have had an initial dream of owning a successful football club they soon abandoned that when the going got tough and Blitz has continued to ensure he profits from the situation whilst the football side is slowly destroyed 

We should never forget his actions and his key role in the likely death of our club. AlMo are incompetent, prideful and out of their depth, Blitz knows precisely what he is doing.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I know our history Dave.,

I’ll rephrase for you, when blitz bought the club it became whole again. He then sold off the land piece by piece, and split the club from its assets by forming brass bank. Rendering the future sale of a club to any sane person incredibly difficult. 

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

Blitz may have inherited a separate club and ground but he did absolutely nothing to rectify that, rather he saw it as an opportunity to further divide the assets and land and profit from the sum of the parts.

Whilst the 3 Charlatans may have had an initial dream of owning a successful football club they soon abandoned that when the going got tough and Blitz has continued to ensure he profits from the situation whilst the football side is slowly destroyed 

We should never forget his actions and his key role in the likely death of our club. AlMo are incompetent, prideful and out of their depth, Blitz knows precisely what he is doing.

The whole raison d'etre of buying the club and ground was to make money from property development.  It would have been insane to unite the club and the land under one ownership.

Just now, League one forever said:

I’ll rephrase for you, when blitz bought the club it became whole again. He then sold off the land piece by piece, and split the club from its assets by forming brass bank. Rendering the future sale of a club to any sane person incredibly difficult. 

Hard to disagree. That’s exactly what happened. 

My gripe is as much with blitz as it is AL. This is his making. However, it’s difficult to protest against someone’s ownership of a piece real estate with any credibility since that’s just a piece of infrastructure needed for the club (which is what we all care about) to operate, albeit a damn important one. 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

The whole raison d'etre of buying the club and ground was to make money from property development.  It would have been insane to unite the club and the land under one ownership.

I don’t mind the kidney unit or the houses behind the chaddy, what I do mind is building a stand next to the pitch that the club sees no benefit from. I do mind that that we have to pay rent at what should be our own ground. To claim it would be insane to unite the club, is fine from business point of view, but morally corrupt with a community asset. 

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

mmm, sounds a bit like saying we shouldn’t criticise a professional burglar because thats his job! 

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

mmm, sounds a bit like saying we shouldn’t criticise a professional burglar because thats his job! 

Not really, no.  It has gone horribly wrong since 2008 and I agree, largely, with @lookersstandandy that he could have done things much different since then but never in a million years was it even remotely likely that the club and the ground would be reunited under a single ownership in the early years of his involvement.

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

No, that's not the case.  Different legal entities and that matters

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

No, that's not the case.  Different legal entities and that matters

Christ Dave. I know. 

Did blitz have the option when he bought it to make it whole- yes. 

But he didn’t. 

He immediately split it up- into different legal entities. But the ‘club’ never paid rent under him, because he’d be paying himself. 

Just now, League one forever said:

Christ Dave. I know. 

Did blitz have the option when he bought it to make it whole- yes. 

But he didn’t. 

He immediately split it up- into different legal entities. But the ‘club’ never paid rent under him, because he’d be paying himself. 

Not sure why we need to be so argumentative.  You said the club became whole again - but it didn't - that is just factual information.

Yes, he had the option but as the whole deal was predicated on property development that was not a remotely likely option to take.  He didn't 'immediately split it up' - that had already happened and he chose not to reverse that for the reason stated.

By the by, Brass Bank's accounts still show that it has creditors owing in excess of £8m.

Archived