When (if ever) will the club be whole again?

We all the know the script. . if any buyer is interested- 

AL wants 6 mill

Blitz wants 6 mill

It’s never going to happen. 

Is there a plausible scenario that you can think of where somebody would be willing to take us on? 

For me, the badge is worth nothing, especially in Non league. And AL won’t sell on the cheap.  So any new buyer will want the badge for nothing- most likely through admin. 

So you’re left with what blitz wants- let’s say he comes down a bit to 5 mill. Would anyone pay that for a Non league club? Especially when that’s just the start of what you’d need. . . 

We desperately need some hope of a long term future, but I can’t see how it will be attractive to any new buyer. 

At some point they are going to have to realise that they are not going to get that £5-6 million he wants for the Club. Reality will bite. I think Blitz wants out he does atleast have am asset that is tangible and an asset (Land) that always increases in value in the long run. But at some point he is going to want to sell up and again probably drop his price. Currently he owns a piece of land which he can't do alot with because their is a football stadium on it. He's going to want to sell at some point soon.

We don't necessarily have to own the ground and the club at the same time. If an owner buys the club first with the intention of owning the ground at a later date. 

I actually don't think owning the ground and the OEC even if that was all under one roof is the golden goose that some people think it is. Even if it all came under Oldham Athletic. To be competitive in the EFL it would still require an owner to pump funds into the club

What we have to remember their are lots of different possible outcomes at play scenarios can change and things we didn't think would happen can happen.

I'm still optimistic at some point in the future its going to go full circle.

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Matt has just tweeted that he has had a very encouraging chat with Adam Moralee read into that what you will.

I wouldn't trust Adam Moralee as far as I could throw him but maybe their is a chink of light at the end of this very dark tunnel.

Obviously on Moralees terms, when Andy Halliwell surprised Moralee, the heavies soon sprung into action. 

I am finding it extremely hard to see any outcome that us, the fans, would like to happen. The fuckwits are so baffling in everything they do it's like we are caught in some kind of surreal football nightmare. The lies, the deceit and the total disregard and disrespect for the fans is so utterly unforgivable. 

Squatters in Boundary Park and little Hitlers...that's all they are to me.

53 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I am finding it extremely hard to see any outcome that us, the fans, would like to happen. The fuckwits are so baffling in everything they do it's like we are caught in some kind of surreal football nightmare. The lies, the deceit and the total disregard and disrespect for the fans is so utterly unforgivable. 

Squatters in Boundary Park and little Hitlers...that's all they are to me.

Yeah, there just doesn’t seem any feasible/desirable outcome. 

We’ve been shit at football for a long time. Now we’re really shit, but that’s ok to an extent if you can see something more positive on the horizon. 

On 1/7/2022 at 5:33 PM, League one forever said:

We all the know the script. . if any buyer is interested- 

AL wants 6 mill

Blitz wants 6 mill

It’s never going to happen. 

Is there a plausible scenario that you can think of where somebody would be willing to take us on? 

For me, the badge is worth nothing, especially in Non league. And AL won’t sell on the cheap.  So any new buyer will want the badge for nothing- most likely through admin. 

So you’re left with what blitz wants- let’s say he comes down a bit to 5 mill. Would anyone pay that for a Non league club? Especially when that’s just the start of what you’d need. . . 

We desperately need some hope of a long term future, but I can’t see how it will be attractive to any new buyer. 

The club has to bottom out before change happens if one subscribes to the view that AL won’t sell without getting 6m back.

I struggle to believe that myself, there has to be a compromise, but in this instance we need two parties (AL and Blitz) to be willing to cut their loses otherwise we are stuck. Now that could happen but having to do two separate deals with hard nosed individuals makes it less likely.

On 1/8/2022 at 5:37 PM, Andy b said:

The club has to bottom out before change happens if one subscribes to the view that AL won’t sell without getting 6m back.

I struggle to believe that myself, there has to be a compromise, but in this instance we need two parties (AL and Blitz) to be willing to cut their loses otherwise we are stuck. Now that could happen but having to do two separate deals with hard nosed individuals makes it less likely.

I fear the "bottom out" scenario might just be a non-existent oblivion for the club. How on earth is Lemsagam going to recoup £6M for the mess of a club he has managed to achieve? It would require a loon of the same ilk to squander their money. I feel Blitz will be the winner, come the end.

It won't be the fans, that's for sure.

On 1/8/2022 at 5:37 PM, Andy b said:

make that 3 parties now the oec has changed hands 

Archived