Our Run In...and the others..

Someone with far more spare time than me... has looked at the relegation candidates run in and calculated the average position in League two of the teams everyone has left to play.

Unfortunately on paper ours looks the hardest of anyone by some way. Info below.

Scunthorpe 13.5th

Dale 12.8

Stevenage 12.4

Orient 12.3

Colchester 11.8

Carlisle 11.6

Barrow 11.2

Latics 9.5

Stevenage for example play in April us, Colchester, Rochdale, Scunthorpe, and Carlisle!

Makes the Walsall, Orient and Stevenage games even more important for us to win I think....

Hopefully Scunny with the easiest run in will do us a favour and beat a couple of the sides directly above us 

Will go to the wire without doubt. 

KTF🤞

55 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Someone with far more spare time than me... has looked at the relegation candidates run in and calculated the average position in League two of the teams everyone has left to play.

Unfortunately on paper ours looks the hardest of anyone by some way. Info below.

Scunthorpe 13.5th

Dale 12.8

Stevenage 12.4

Orient 12.3

Colchester 11.8

Carlisle 11.6

Barrow 11.2

Latics 9.5

Stevenage for example play in April us, Colchester, Rochdale, Scunthorpe, and Carlisle!

Makes the Walsall, Orient and Stevenage games even more important for us to win I think....

Hopefully Scunny with the easiest run in will do us a favour and beat a couple of the sides directly above us 

KTF🤞

The other way of looking at it is that the teams in and around us will take points off each other.  Still down to us though

21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

The other way of looking at it is that the teams in and around us will take points off each other.  Still down to us though

Yep valid point Dave.....but guarenrteed points for someone unfortunately.

As you say it's down to us to find 15 points from 13 games somehow

21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Flashbacks to our League One relegation season where the teams above us traded victories against each other whilst we drew every match.

A win and a loss is 50% more points than two draws. 

As you said it's down to us - to win the winnable matches.

3 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Scunthorpe 13.5th

Dale 12.8

Stevenage 12.4

Orient 12.3

Colchester 11.8

Carlisle 11.6

Barrow 11.2

Latics 9.5

KTF🤞

In the latter stages of the season, I think leave position goes out of the window.

I’d much rather play top half sides, who are nervous of throwing their season away or playing for nothing than sides fighting for their lives. 

Archived