BPAS PODCAST SEASON 2: 18th Apr '22 Episode 80: Our Cross To Bear

A Shezurrection of Biblical Proportions is needed. What else is there to say? Well, we talk about the upcoming fans forum, season tickets and more court updates. What a time to be alive!

You can now support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link https://anchor.fm/bp-alert/subscribe. All the regular episodes will remain free to everyone.

You can also support us by visiting https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

Download and listen to the podcast via the FanHub app, where content creators and fans alike are rewarded for getting involved #ctg.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC. Find out more about OASF at www.oldhamathleticsupportersfoundation.com where you can also donate to the 1895 Fund.

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

11 hours ago, BPAS said:

A Shezurrection of Biblical Proportions is needed. What else is there to say? Well, we talk about the upcoming fans forum, season tickets and more court updates. What a time to be alive!

You can now support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link https://anchor.fm/bp-alert/subscribe. All the regular episodes will remain free to everyone.

You can also support us by visiting https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

Download and listen to the podcast via the FanHub app, where content creators and fans alike are rewarded for getting involved #ctg.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC. Find out more about OASF at www.oldhamathleticsupportersfoundation.com where you can also donate to the 1895 Fund.

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

Great listen as usual.

Keep going fella’s, you’re doing fantastic work. 

• Matt featured this topic

Just finished listening, as always it was very interesting. Listening to Andy going through his detective work on the legal proceedings really took me back ; there are some of us at our end who are STILL following  the Oyston's affairs via Companies House. Hopefully one day soon you won't feel the need.

A couple of things : on Pod content, I must be one of very few people listening who is there mainly for the off-field stuff, but obviously I am completely atypical. But if you list all the areas of risk that Matt talked about, most of those are going to be relevant for the foreseeable future, and I don't see how they can't be a major part of the programme as well. 

Last thing, is about managing expectations. Aaron was right I thought, when he talked about how much longer this could run. In our case, it took about sixteen months from court judgement to the Oystons actually leaving, and your story is one where there are still a LOT of moving parts. It is natural to see the end of this season as a watershed moment (because that is exactly what it is). But what happens in the summer is just as important, and there may be several more chapters in this story yet. People are going to have to be patient with YOU, and with the speed of change ; you can only do so much and the latter may look very slow for quite a while yet.

On 4/18/2022 at 11:04 PM, GrahamHughes said:

Nice to get two fans on rather than PTB all the time,made a nice change.

They have fans on every week (bar the other week when I had a death in the family)

Your biased hatred of PTB and anyone not your dad is boring 

13 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

They have fans on every week (bar the other week when I had a death in the family)

Your biased hatred of PTB and anyone not your dad is boring 

I know I’ve been on myself.There’s certainly no hatred for anyone associated with PTB or the foundation ,I don’t agree on everything they do but then I don’t with my old man either.I’ve a lot of time for Matt and Andy,they’re both sound.

Since l got on board w this excellent Oasis of truth, this episode was the first l couldn't make it thru. Thoroughly depressing and then a few hours later the result started on me aswell.

Love the work you guys are doing. Love how Matt clearly could not be any more altruistic in why he is doing this, it shines so bright it's untrue. lf you regularly listen to this pod without admiration for the main 3-4 people involved, then youre a problem and youre going to get thoroughly, legally, verbally exposed and dealt with.

You brave men have buckets and wheelbarrows full of all the admiration and respect you don't want (and others crave) bc you are fighting the good fight. Intelectual Partisans. got a man crush on the lot of you, don't care 😘.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived