• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Not everyone travels to the ground by car, have you ever tried walking all round the stadium from the Chaddy end, especially at night matches? because of the houses there is no designated footpath. And from the RRE you take your life in your hands negotiating the slippery slope. 

100% agree with this. 

I did the 3 Peaks Challenge last year and the Rocky Road slope decent in the pissing rain was as dangerous as anything I encountered! 

Just another job that needs doing....and will get done at some stage I reckon over the next few months.

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

It would be if people could actually access the JR stand by safely walking from all areas of the ground.

Are new footpaths being considered?

3 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I agree the path around the RRE is a mess but serious question?

Why would anyone, access the JR stand any other way than the perfectly safe main car park?

Especially now the pot holes have been filled in

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Not everyone travels to the ground by car, have you ever tried walking all round the stadium from the Chaddy end, especially at night matches? because of the houses there is no designated footpath. And from the RRE you take your life in your hands negotiating the slippery slope. 

3 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Yes, every single match, there's a path at the top of Clayton playing fields, and you don't need a car to use the main car park, just walk up Broadway?

The club does need to make sure people can get to the North Stand from Furtherwood Road and behind the RRE easily. The path along the top of Clayton playing fields is probably the best way to get to the North Stand from the Main stand, but might not always be possible. As it goes behind the away end so GMP may limit access - only probably going to be an issue for the big games.

Also I doubt the Emergency Services will be very happy landing a helicopter on Clayton Playing fields with people on the path at the top.

OK neither are going to routinely be a problem but they still need to be accounted for.

I've not accessed BP from the Broadway side in ages, think the last time I did we were in League 1. The public transport from Manchester alights people trying to get to BP on the other side of the ground. Walking up Broadway is a lot further out of the way.

Driving and accessing the fans bar in the North Stand is not always a sensible combination.

So the club does need to make sure fans can access the North Stand from Furtherwood Road via behind the RRE, but given the time of year probably don't need to make it a current priority.

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

It would be if people could actually access the JR stand by safely walking from all areas of the ground.

Are new footpaths being considered?

From memory the FLG had JR/Frizzell stand corner being infilled as a hotel/new players entrance onto the pitch so who knows BP

12 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I hate the term FLG. You seek mildly obsessed by it ? Are they not defunct now ? What is their purpose now ? 

They were the last group who had a plan for the whole BP site in 2019 that could be adapted/adopted

They now lease OEC & gym.

The recent debenture secured on the ground via exiting landlord was for gym equipment I believe

They are heavily involved with new custodian

They have a relationship with ORLFC

So yes, Still relevant imo and yes maybe they have a new purpose that we will hear about as part of new custodians plans

Cheers

Archived