• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

After selling out shirts it's not viable this season

But can @adamoafcor any one else with an ear get us to go back to our old Premier league badge 

I think our current badge is superb - modern, elegant and very identifiable - I hope it’s our badge for years to bone 👍

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

It's nice but I like our old one 

I really like the new one. Was worried what design they'd go for after seeing some ideas and the one that was similar to our premier league one (but looked like it had been drawn by a man using his mouth to do it on Microsoft paint)

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

After selling out shirts it's not viable this season

But can @adamoafcor any one else with an ear get us to go back to our old Premier league badge 

We asked this of the club when the initial change was coming in.

Issue is the EFL/ FA have put a big push on clubs to upgrade their badges due to the old badges not being compatible with new digital ways of working. It maybe something which gets voted on by supporters at some point but the next season or so there are a lot more pressing matters which will be prioritised as you will be aware. 

Happy to raise it though as a consideration.   

21 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Very unlikely that the fans bar will remain on the bottom floor. The plan is to put it on the top floor still. 

More likely for fans to spill out onto the kerb outside downstairs something the council and police probably wouldn’t look too kindly on I would think. 

This risk exists with any pub on a matchday in any town in the land. They seem to cope. It’s not as if any such spill out would be onto the public highway. Can’t see that the police would be particularly bothered 

2 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Putting the fan bar on the top floor is a huge missed opportunity. Ground floor with an outdoor seating area would have been perfect 

1 minute ago, Andy b said:

This risk exists with any pub on a matchday in any town in the land. They seem to cope. It’s not as if any such spill out would be onto the public highway. Can’t see that the police would be particularly bothered 

As I’ve said before the size isn’t expected to be big enough for demand so it wouldn't make sense if that’s the case. They may use this as a trial to see if it works though, would be foolish to rule it out without trying to make it work. 

Of course the police would be bothered it’s right outside the entrance to the football ground, nothing I don’t think the couldn’t be overcome but certainly not as straight forward as you make out. 

2 minutes ago, Andy b said:

The suggestion from others here is that that is a temporary fix and the permanent bar will be top floor.

That’s the confirmed plan they are currently working towards. As with any build though things could change. 

From memory FLG plan in 2019 looked at relocation offices and OACT from Futherwood rd and putting them in the JR Stand.

I think where the pop up fans bar is going to be. Was it not up for lease at £75k PA at one point too?

So the JR stand/OEC/car park would be the new frontage and more welcoming

1 hour ago, underdog said:

From memory FLG plan in 2019 looked at relocation offices and OACT from Futherwood rd and putting them in the JR Stand.

I think where the pop up fans bar is going to be. Was it not up for lease at £75k PA at one point too?

So the JR stand/OEC/car park would be the new frontage and more welcoming

It would be if people could actually access the JR stand by safely walking from all areas of the ground.

Are new footpaths being considered?

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It would be if people could actually access the JR stand by safely walking from all areas of the ground.

Are new footpaths being considered?

I agree the path around the RRE is a mess but serious question?

Why would anyone, access the JR stand any other way than the perfectly safe main car park?

Especially now the pot holes have been filled in

5 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Of course the police would be bothered it’s right outside the entrance to the football ground, nothing I don’t think the couldn’t be overcome but certainly not as straight forward as you make out. 

So many years of Barryism's can even sneak into the heads of his biggest detractors😀

It would likely be just as straightforward as getting beer in the Chaddy End was after all those years of being told the council/police/whoever would never allow beer in the Chaddy End. 

Just as likely as the death trap Joe Royle Stand suddenly being safe and allowed to re-open. 

Cordoned off Avro/Mansfield style picnic tables & benches all along to just before the gym entrance.

A few pot plants for decoration even. 😃 

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

I agree the path around the RRE is a mess but serious question?

Why would anyone, access the JR stand any other way than the perfectly safe main car park?

Especially now the pot holes have been filled in

Not everyone travels to the ground by car, have you ever tried walking all round the stadium from the Chaddy end, especially at night matches? because of the houses there is no designated footpath. And from the RRE you take your life in your hands negotiating the slippery slope. 

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Not everyone travels to the ground by car, have you ever tried walking all round the stadium from the Chaddy end, especially at night matches? because of the houses there is no designated footpath. And from the RRE you take your life in your hands negotiating the slippery slope. 

Yes, every single match, there's a path at the top of Clayton playing fields, and you don't need a car to use the main car park, just walk up Broadway?

6 hours ago, Andy b said:

I imagine people get more scared when planning around football clubs.

Problem with the bottom floor of that stand would be away team coaches arriving and parking/disembarking straight across from the bar which could be a possible flashpoint. I don't think it would be too much of a problem but it doesn't take too much for chairs to be airborne. 

1 minute ago, Roger Ritchie said:

I imagine people get more scared when planning around football clubs.

Problem with the bottom floor of that stand would be away team coaches arriving and parking/disembarking straight across from the bar which could be a possible flashpoint. I don't think it would be too much of a problem but it doesn't take too much for chairs to be airborne. 

Other than the first weeks of the season who the hell will want to use an outdoor drinking area at BP??  It's not called Ice Station Zebra for nothing

12 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Other than the first weeks of the season who the hell will want to use an outdoor drinking area at BP??  It's not called Ice Station Zebra for nothing

After a few beers a bit of fresh air would be a welcome escape from the smell of people in replica shirts. 

Archived