Apparently the new downstairs supporters bar In the Joe Royle stand will be open prior to Saturdays game.

Is the usual OEC bar upstairs closed now?

I heard it was earmarked for the corporate box clients and 100 club members, can anyone confirm?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Apparently the new downstairs supporters bar In the Joe Royle stand will be open prior to Saturdays game.

Is the usual OEC bar upstairs closed now?

I heard it was earmarked for the corporate box clients and 100 club members, can anyone confirm?

Yes it will be being used for match day hospitality like it was before

Not that i know if they've sold any yet, they were giving previous box holders and 100 club members first refusal 

Just now, Roger Ritchie said:

They should sell a pint which is 50% Vodka and 50% Gin. Call it a Barry Owen - A dangerous drink in a dangerous stand. 

You never know, Barry might be behind the bar.😀

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Was there tonight cleaning the stands. Both the OEC and Mr Rothwell say the fans bar (now located downstairs) will be open for Saturday...

Isn't this just a temporary "pop up" bar to be used until the planned fit out of the top floor is completed?

Didn't i read that the OEC had signed a 10yr contract with an education provider? 

There was always the FLG 2019 vision for a the stadium and surrounding sound too. So there are plans if new custodians want to tap into 

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

From what I could gather, the top floor won't be used as a fans bar...

Logistically it makes sense it would be a nightmare having fans on the top floor on a matchday, having had a butchers in to the bottom unit when I visited the club shop last week it's a bigger space than I remembered, not sure what the capacity would be but I'd hazard a guess it would be big enough to accommodate anyone who wants a pre match pint.

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Logistically it makes sense it would be a nightmare having fans on the top floor on a matchday, having had a butchers in to the bottom unit when I visited the club shop last week it's a bigger space than I remembered, not sure what the capacity would be but I'd hazard a guess it would be big enough to accommodate anyone who wants a pre match pint.

Can it stay open on non match days

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Very unlikely that the fans bar will remain on the bottom floor. The plan is to put it on the top floor still. 

More likely for fans to spill out onto the kerb outside downstairs something the council and police probably wouldn’t look too kindly on I would think. 

8 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Very unlikely that the fans bar will remain on the bottom floor. The plan is to put it on the top floor still. 

More likely for fans to spill out onto the kerb outside downstairs something the council and police probably wouldn’t look too kindly on I would think. 

Just needs the footway bringing out a bit - Fylde's sports bar was really impressive and something like that would be ideal.

3 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Plenty if not all grounds that have a bar have it on the ground floor, in fact the last couple of aways had just that, Fylde's looked remarkably like our Joe Royle Stand both in terms of layout and aesthetically, we could do worse than to go and have a look at that one and look to put in something similar, I'm not saying you're wrong but I think a bar on the ground floor makes more sense, it can also be opened as a stand alone then without the need for the whole OEC to be open.

15 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Having a semi-enclosed seating/standing area outside works a treat at Mansfield. 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Plenty if not all grounds that have a bar have it on the ground floor, in fact the last couple of aways had just that, Fylde's looked remarkably like our Joe Royle Stand both in terms of layout and aesthetically, we could do worse than to go and have a look at that one and look to put in something similar, I'm not saying you're wrong but I think a bar on the ground floor makes more sense, it can also be opened as a stand alone then without the need for the whole OEC to be open.

I’m all for it but the numbers they want using it I’m not sure it’s big enough. This temporary fix bar may give them different ideas on it but it’s certainly not the plan at the minute. 

End of the day if it works then it gives them more workable space upstairs. 

Massively agree re Fyldes bar. Very well set up. Exactly the sort of thing you want 

33 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Latics used the same architects:

36 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Having a semi-enclosed seating/standing area outside works a treat at Mansfield. 

And Colchester. And Exeter. In fact, most 'normal' lower league clubs offer a mixed fan indoor/outdoor bar area. Sadly, I suspect, with some of our poor fan behaviour in an unhealthy obsession with trying to attack people getting on/off coaches (is their a word for people with an unhealthy fetish of coaches?), the club's concern will be fans mixing with each other combined with alcohol.

8 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

I’m all for it but the numbers they want using it I’m not sure it’s big enough. This temporary fix bar may give them different ideas on it but it’s certainly not the plan at the minute. 

End of the day if it works then it gives them more workable space upstairs. 

Massively agree re Fyldes bar. Very well set up. Exactly the sort of thing you want 

Sorry to go off topic slightly Adam but do you know if ianything being done about the Jimmy Frizzell stand and the difficulty I have in there to spend my money, you literally cannot get a beer in there if you arrive after 2.20 and half time is just a joke, given Frank's business interests I wouldn't think it would take too much effort to get a couple of new units in there if only to offer cans or plastic bottles options, I suspect it will be even busier than normal this coming season.

Archived