BPAS PODCAST: 21st Nov '22, S3:E16: Darren Royle Part 2

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Come on he's peddling an agenda here it's pathetic.

If that's the case it's fruitless and the one thing any fan will agree on is that we are now in better hands, how long it takes to be successful again who knows but at least we'll have a chance now. And it will taste oh so sweet knowing TTA, Lemsagams and shitpeas are nowhere near it.

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

Think you are wrong there Glossop, I would say Mike does care about Oldham Athletic, just he sees it from a different angle. 

I'd say he cares way more about 'being right' and telling us all I told you so than he does about Oldham Athletic's success. By quite a long shot.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

If that's the case it's fruitless and the one thing any fan will agree on is that we are now in better hands, how long it takes to be successful again who knows but at least we'll have a chance now. And it will taste oh so sweet knowing TTA, Lemsagams and shitpeas are nowhere near it.

Exactly his presence here should be a reminder to us all of the previous 2 failed leadership regimes which his mate was more than happy to endorse just aslong as he had his hands in trough.

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Exactly his presence here should be a reminder to us all of the previous 2 failed leadership regimes which his mate was more than happy to endorse just aslong as he had his hands in trough.

"What you have to realise is...."

And most of us have 

• Matt featured this topic
On 11/21/2022 at 10:53 AM, JoeP said:

I hear what you're saying - and maybe it is the fact that being a Latics fan for the last 25 years breeds negativity on a psychological level.

Let me be clear - the off field stuff is looking brilliant.  I couldn't be more excited by the people on board and the change in direction we're going in since the Lemsegams and I understand why we are playing "catch-up" even to teams like Bromley.

However, I think there is one, fairly pivotal role at the club that could be making all the efforts going on behind the scenes futile.  Everything off-field seems to be moving in the right direction, but the on-field stuff is letting the project down.  It's gone backwards, while everything else is moving forwards.

Darren said we wanted a manager who will improve the players we had in the squad.  Unsworth hasn't done that.  In fact he's done the opposite. Darren also said "we can't just buy a new squad" which is exactly what Unsworth seems to want to do and has started doing.

Unfortunately just saying "we will not be relegated" doesn't stop the fact that we can actually be relegated.  Just look at the league table.

Long-term?  Brilliant. The club's heading the in the right direction, but unfortunately the short-term needs addressing to ensure all the efforts behind the scenes to improve the long-term aren't in vein..

Spot on

Really positive vibes about the coaching & scouting infrastructure following these two podcasts.  Not only have we assurances of our immediate future but the strategy to strengthen on the field via scouting, recruiting & coaching the best at our level is exciting.

My only concern is funding.  We cannot rely on Frank & family indefinitely.  Clearly a wealthy and generous family but the quicker we widen the consortium with additional investment, the better.  Granted, we will be of greater interest once ground/stadium purchase completed with cherry on top being our return to the league pyramid.

Would be great if results improve this season and we go on a run, flirting with playoffs or beyond.  Would be a fitting reward to hard work bye the Rothwells & Royles.  I’m patient and it’s next season rather than this but understand why fans want success now after all the previous years of decline.

Thats to the BPAS team for delivering us fans an insight into DR’s plans.  Mick Rathbone would be a very interesting one.  Not too fussed about DU interview as it’ll be the soundbites we’ve become accustomed to already via the managers phrasebook.  Not a criticism as the bloke can only say so much…

41 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Unlucky @JoeP 

have a look around you. theres no surer way of knowing you are in the wrong than to be spouting the same shit as Kevin Chuckle, Barry Owen and Latics22

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good one.

Apart from doubting Unsworth, what else have I said that's in line with their views?

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Good one.

Apart from doubting Unsworth, what else have I said that's in line with their views?

that makes no sense, you have literally just said 'apart from agreeing with them, how do l agree with them?'

l'm just pointing out where you are stood, youre the one went and stood yourself there 🤮

10 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

that makes no sense, you have literally just said 'apart from agreeing with them, how do l agree with them?'

l'm just pointing out where you are stood, youre the one went and stood yourself there 🤮

Well, no.  They seem to share a different opinion than me on just about everything apart the Unsworth one.

I don't get the connection.  I don't think Unsworth is up to it.  They might think the same.  Are you saying everyone who isn't a fan of Unsworth is in cahoots with Barry et al?  That's a big call...

You're doing really well here...

yes Joe that is my full exact point and l originally made it 59% in jest. however its serious now 🤣

just this one point, this actual thing we are talking about, you have stood yourself with the backstabbers, the snipers, the one upers, the Goody Gang™️, basically the losers.

all lm doing is pointing out that one, single, solitary, exclusive basic thing.

youre dancing off talking about how you don't agree with them on 99% of stuff.

lm like YES JOE THAT IS MY POINT!!! maybe you are in the wrong group on this bc you seem quite normal usually.

that is all.

8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

yes Joe that is my full exact point and l originally made it 59% in jest. however its serious now 🤣

just this one point, this actual thing we are talking about, you have stood yourself with the backstabbers, the snipers, the one upers, the Goody Gang™️, basically the losers.

all lm doing is pointing out that one, single, solitary, exclusive basic thing.

youre dancing off talking about how you don't agree with them on 99% of stuff.

lm like YES JOE THAT IS MY POINT!!! maybe you are in the wrong group on this bc you seem quite normal usually.

that is all.

Yeah, if you were being humorous, that completely passed me by.  I guess I just read someone who I don't know (as far as I'm aware) calling me out from nowhere and lumping me in with some people who hold some pretty horrible views, have insulted friends of mine and who I'd want absolutely no association with.

We'll leave it there and put it down to a misunderstanding...

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived