New left back expected tomorow....

Guest oa_exile
Christ he's older than me ... still hope then of me putting on a blue shirt (actually I'd rather have a red/white hooped one)

*Cough* around the same age as Simon Charlton :blink:

Just reading t'fishal.... and for me, the language from shez is a little cloudy..

"I've got one or two other things in the pipeline...I've got another left back coming in too as I think we are short in that area and want to sort things out as soon as possible" ....

He also says he will be sitting down with Boertiens agent in the next few days...

For me, that seems to indicate there will be 2 left backs coming in, with Boertien still on the cards ... plus one other.... also - one or two other things in the pipeline indicates some totally new players/positions.... which seems to be interesting after corneys "we have a full squad" comment...

Or am I just reading too much into it as always... :wacko:

Just reading t'fishal.... and for me, the language from shez is a little cloudy..

"I've got one or two other things in the pipeline...I've got another left back coming in too as I think we are short in that area and want to sort things out as soon as possible" ....

He also says he will be sitting down with Boertiens agent in the next few days...

For me, that seems to indicate there will be 2 left backs coming in, with Boertien still on the cards ... plus one other.... also - one or two other things in the pipeline indicates some totally new players/positions.... which seems to be interesting after corneys "we have a full squad" comment...

I hope you are right and not just reading too much into it. I read it the same way as you did. We definatley need a left back, two would be a bonus. For me though we still lack a bit of craft in midfield.

It may well be that the Kilkenny deal has fallen through, and shezz has had to lower his sights a bit regarding a midfielder. Shame really as Kilkenny would have been a great addition and would have given us that extra quality in midfield.Hope I am wrong about the Kilkenny deal suppose we will have to wait and see.

Robert

I can't see Shez just having one left back, we'd struggle to cover any injury, so I reckon it could still be Boertien plus A N Other as long as Boertien proves himself. If he doesn't, our 'mystery' signing (is it Mr Wright?) had better be able to last a full season and I'm not sure he would. He's about Daz Sheridan's age isn't he?

It may well be that the Kilkenny deal has fallen through, and shezz has had to lower his sights a bit regarding a midfielder. Shame really as Kilkenny would have been a great addition and would have given us that extra quality in midfield.Hope I am wrong about the Kilkenny deal suppose we will have to wait and see.

I don't see us getting KK, it's gone on too long now. With the season so close, I reckon Shez already has his sights on someone else and, as usual, he'll quite rightly play his cards close to his chest.

Bristolatic -

I can't see Shez just having one left back, we'd struggle to cover any injury, so I reckon it could still be Boertien plus A N Other as long as Boertien proves himself. If he doesn't, our 'mystery' signing (is it Mr Wright?) had better be able to last a full season and I'm not sure he would. He's about Daz Sheridan's age isn't he?

Agreed, but I can only see one coming in. He would be first choice with a combination of Stam and Lomax as backups. To bring in two left backs would hit our wage bill when only one is likely to play regularly.