Season Tickets 23/24

7 minutes ago, redlion said:

Yes but if public opinion was demonstrating down Sheepfoot Lane with Unsworth Out banners and boycotting matches that would matter.

I take your point. 

But I genuinely don’t think we’ll see that,  out of respect for Frank. Unless it’s an absolute horror show- which it won’t be. 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Price might be the key for me.

If we're looking at upwards of £350 (purely random figure) for example, then it might be hard to justify in the current economic climate relative to the entertainment value provided under DU so far.

I'd want to back Frank but I've come away from BP saying it's the worst I've ever seen any Oldham side play on multiple occasions this year, so top end money would be hard to justify with the current cost of living.

14 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Yep - see this thread:

Over 60% said promoted or playoffs, only 2 people predicted bottom half.

😎

Like I said in that thread at the time, some of those predictions were just staggering. 

2 hours ago, south east latic said:

I’ve had a quick look to see how this stacks up. 

Possibly not an exhaustive list but:

Bristol R 2nd, 91pts

Luton 2nd, 88 pts (44 games)

Notts 3rd, 63 pts (38 games)

Tranmere 6th, 78 pts

Grimsby 6th, 77 pts

Wrexham 10th, 64 pts

Grimsby 11th, 62 pts

Southend 13th, 58 pts (44 games)

Orient 13th, 60 pts

Chesterfield 15th, 59 pts

Stockport 16th, 51 pts

That’s 5 in the play offs, 4 mid table and 2 lower mid table. 

We’re currently 15th and on course for 54 points. We’re therefore on course to have the second worst first season at this level vs that list. It’s been unacceptably poor in reality. That’s not to say we won’t challenge at the top next season but there’s not been many signs that we will be under the current manager.

What were the ownerships status looking like at those clubs when they were relegated and then the following season? How many kept or sacked their manager?

37 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

He MUST be sacked. I'm absolutely sick to death with these permanent losers. We'll finish 15th again if he's allowed to have a full pre-season. 

You think Latics will finish 15th this season?
The way things are going it will be 19th if we are lucky.

Archived