Season Tickets 23/24

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Overall a slight drop off I reckon but not by much. While people may not like the football enough to be singing it from the rooftops they are not hating it enough to boycott. I every intention of buying one aland watching a better team playing better football next season.

21 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

A good Summers recruitment and we will get into the top 7 we will make 6-7 signings coming in 1-2 of them will be duffers but aslong as the other 4-5 are good enough them we will get top 7.

To add to this I think our form will plataeu abit between now and the end of the season we will probably get a few defeats in the next few games but we will finish between 13th and 17th we will see plenty of rants between now and the end of the season and people threatening not to renew there season tickets.

32 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

I won't be getting one. Bought one to support Frank when he came in, but the games I've seen have been dreadful and I doubt I'll see many more this season. Wake me up when it starts being fun again.

This is sort of where I am. Not been to enough games and bar York most away games have gone on open sale, or even been sold via the home team. I bought one to support Frank and the team.

I'm not liking Unsworth, he isn't good enough and unfortunately he's too pally with some of the decision makers for them to make the decision to bin him off.

Bar Wrexham and presumably Notts County this league is bobbins, a lot of teams can't defend, including us for the most part, yet Unsworth has been very defensive minded. 

There's also a bit of me that if ST holders reduce significantly, Frank and the Royles might eventually see sense about Unsworth and bin him off.

Then again when the STs come out I'll probably reconsider, and if I can afford it, I'll end up getting one.

Think we should continue to back Frank and his family for next season.

He saved our club from liquidation and it’s the very least we can do.

Its our club at the end of the day and if we want it to prosper, our continuing support will give it the best possible chance of success.

If things aren’t progressing next season as they are expecting I’m sure they will act in the best interests of the club!

A win can feel a bit hollow if all it means is we go from 17th to 15th, especially if we’ve played shit. But would we be as precious about the style of play if we started the season scoring points at the rate we are now and a win put us 3rd for example?

And I’m asking myself that too seeing as I was whinging about the shite football when we drew away at Aldershot. 

9 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

I won't be getting one. Bought one to support Frank when he came in, but the games I've seen have been dreadful and I doubt I'll see many more this season. Wake me up when it starts being fun again.

When was it last fun?

10 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

A good Summers recruitment and we will get into the top 7 we will make 6-7 signings coming in 1-2 of them will be duffers but aslong as the other 4-5 are good enough them we will get top 7.

I’ll be getting one because I always do, but from then on there should be no excuses, and for as long as we’re in this god forsaken League the only aim should be to win it and get the fuck out of it. The play offs shouldn’t even be mentioned until such a time as the top spot is out of reach.

It's all about the bigger picture for me.  We are in transition and the product on the pitch is poor.  However, I appreciate what Frank has done for the club and can see what he is trying to build so will be buying a couple to continue supporting the club so it can continue to progress from what was a very low benchmark after years of poor ownership.  Rome was not built in a day and neither will the club.  

17 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Possibly Lee Johnson. 

To be fair that's the last time I went religiously and didn't miss a game home and away for some time, when they gave it Holden it sort of killed it for me.

As for next season I'll see how it's priced, don't mind paying game to game because it's easier not to go if it's a season like this one, it's a chore attending currently and Unsworths tactics and style of play are soul destroying, I appreciate everything the Rothwells have done but I have to question the sense in persisting with the chump because it's never going to work, I'd be lining up the next manager and parting ways once we are safe this season. 

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

To be fair that's the last time I went religiously and didn't miss a game home and away for some time, when they gave it Holden it sort of killed it for me.

As for next season I'll see how it's priced, don't mind paying game to game because it's easier not to go if it's a season like this one, it's a chore attending currently and Unsworths tactics and style of play are soul destroying, I appreciate everything the Rothwells have done but I have to question the sense in persisting with the chump because it's never going to work, I'd be lining up the next manager and parting ways once we are safe this season. 

Pretty much mirrors everything about my support and where I stand on Unsworth, I most probably will buy a ST though, more in the support of what Frank has done, I certainly haven't got my moneys worth this season as I have missed half the home games so far. 

1 hour ago, Steve_R said:

I’ll be getting one because I always do, but from then on there should be no excuses, and for as long as we’re in this god forsaken League the only aim should be to win it and get the fuck out of it. The play offs shouldn’t even be mentioned until such a time as the top spot is out of reach.

The aim from next season on is promotion back to the football league you are right but the expectations should be top 7 because sometimes things don't work out the way you want due to circumstances outside your control.

Look at this season both Wrexham and Notts County are on to get over 100 points each. Only 1 of them can go up automatically 1 of them will have to go through the play offs and play offs can be very cruel. In the play offs thenselves they might have an off day, they might get a bad refereeing decision. Langstaff or Mullen might hobble off injured in the 1st 10 minutes of the 1st leg and then boom they start next season still in the national league having done pretty much everything possible to go up.

I've factored in the fact that our journey back to the football league will involve abit of pain it might involve a couple of rather frustrating failed play off attempts. 

So I think top 7 should be the expectation from next season on anything below is underachievement. The road back to the football league will be at times very tough and won't be sunshine and rainbows it could feel more like an enteched battle at times. But we will get there and when we win promotion whether it's a day out at Wembley or a title parade at Boundary Park it will feel great and it will be a day to remember.

2 hours ago, Steve_R said:

If we aren't in the top 4 by the middle of October, then he should be disposed of...

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

If we aren't in the top 4 by the middle of October, then he should be disposed of...

It's rinse and repeat though, we'll then be giving the new man another two transfer windows as all the players in the squad are the duds Unsworth signed.

I'm sick of reading about giving him more time look at Carrick at Middlesbrough, took over a month after Unsworth with them in the Championship relegation zone and has them 4 points of automatic sitting in 3rd now without the luxury Unsworth has had of signing players, this group should be top 8 the amount of games Unsworth has now had, I'm confident a PE Teacher would have us a better points return with the same group, persevering makes no sense because there's been zero improvement and we will stagnate under him and 17th in this pub league will become the new norm.

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's rinse and repeat though, we'll then be giving the new man another two transfer windows as all the players in the squad are the duds Unsworth signed.

I'm sick of reading about giving him more time look at Carrick at Middlesbrough, took over a month after Unsworth with them in the Championship relegation zone and has them 4 points of automatic sitting in 3rd now without the luxury Unsworth has had of signing players, this group should be top 8 the amount of games Unsworth has now had, I'm confident a PE Teacher would have us a better points return with the same group, persevering makes no sense because there's been zero improvement and we will stagnate under him and 17th in this pub league will become the new norm.

Having a multi million pound squad to work with probably helped Carrick along somewhat...

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Having a multi million pound squad to work with probably helped Carrick along somewhat...

Archived