Season Tickets 23/24

If that forum was in any way responsible for the performances at the weekend, then they are just proving to us their character and determination is zero. Let them all go, there certainly won't be a fucking queue of clubs waiting to snap them up.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Wardie said:

If that forum was in any way responsible for the performances at the weekend, then they are just proving to us their character and determination is zero. Let them all go, there certainly won't be a fucking queue of clubs waiting to snap them up.

Exactly,It is for better or worse these days the norm for clubs to bring 8-9 players in any given summer. So anyone using that as an excuse to down tools get rid of them. He also didn't say the current players are shit. The Squad will be ideally around 20-25 mark so plenty of room for anyone here currently to make an impression even those currently not in the team.

Any players worried about players coming in replacing them in the summer should start grafting now because they have got a month/6 game head start on any new arrivals in the summer to make an impression to be in next seasons team.

11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Exactly,It is for better or worse these days the norm for clubs to bring 8-9 players in any given summer. So anyone using that as an excuse to down tools get rid of them. He also didn't say the current players are shit. The Squad will be ideally around 20-25 mark so plenty of room for anyone here currently to make an impression even those currently not in the team.

Any players worried about players coming in replacing them in the summer should start grafting now because they have got a month/6 game head start on any new arrivals in the summer to make an impression to be in next seasons team.

I think I would be more pissed off if they started grafting now, after some of them coasting along all season. 

52 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I think I would be more pissed off if they started grafting now, after some of them coasting along all season. 

It's said players tend to graft more toward the end of the season to win contracts with their own or other clubs.

More likely it depends on the opposition, if they are good its difficult, if poor its easier to impress.

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Some lovely sentiment on here but unfortunately there will be some who won't buy or renew, I'll probably give it another season but suspect the season will be over before it starts with our current management team which could mean we are having the same conversations when Unsworth goes next season, I find it strange Unsworth can call out 9 of the current squad telling us they wont be involved next season and they ain't up to it but he seems almost immune from any blame despite bringing much of the current crop in and not appearing to be up to it himself.

One thing the players have done since the new year is dug in, do we think there's any correlation between his appearance at the fans forum and the players going AWOL in North Wales, I'd probably struggle to get my workforce to do anything if I publically announced 80% of them were shit and going to be replaced.

Anyone not buying one next season just proves that it's all about results. Again, all that "we just want a well run club and we'll be happy" bullshit last year.

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Anyone not buying one next season just proves that it's all about results. Again, all that "we just want a well run club and we'll be happy" bullshit last year.

At a time when everyone’s bills are going up, a season ticket for your football team is a luxury not a necessity. If money is tight and you have to pick and choose what you buy, the thought of boring football might not be very high on your priority list

23 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You're really not up with the current economic situation, are you? Gas, electricity, mortgage, food, running a car, feeding the kids...all way more important than purchasing a season ticket.

13 minutes ago, Wardie said:

You're really not up with the current economic situation, are you? Gas, electricity, mortgage, food, running a car, feeding the kids...all way more important than purchasing a season ticket.

l'll give you feeding the kids but Latics is far more important than those other minor distractions

9 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Some people just can’t drop things!

Did you not notice our average attendances were around 4000 in league 2 under the clowns. 

Now averaging 6600 in a lower league and a season of results which it would be hard to argue has been blessed with lots more wins. 

Surely Mcfluff you can see the main difference has been new owners and the efforts they have been making to reverse the decline of the club and stadium.  Seems to me 2500 people who just wanted a well run club, are now happy and turning up even though the results are not any better. 

What was the official ST figure sold this season?  

Would be then great to benchmark the take up this coming season versus this current one.  However it’ll have to be August as a fair measure to allow the Frank Rothwell effect when he took over last July.

Financial difficulties aside, I believe the sales will be similar.  Yes, I have doubts over DU, money is getting tighter and I doubt I’ll make more than 75% of home games due to commitments but I’ll be renewing so that we have as much in that playing budget as possible.  

Shame there’s no facility to loan my ST for games I cannot attend so someone who cannot normally afford, could attend for free instead of me.  I live 130+ miles away so unable to hand my card over but I mean a temp QR or something.

41 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Some people just can’t drop things!

Did you not notice our average attendances were around 4000 in league 2 under the clowns. 

Now averaging 6600 in a lower league and a season of results which it would be hard to argue has been blessed with lots more wins. 

Surely Mcfluff you can see the main difference has been new owners and the efforts they have been making to reverse the decline of the club and stadium.  Seems to me 2500 people who just wanted a well run club, are now happy and turning up even though the results are not any better. 

I'm talking about next season...

10 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

At a time when everyone’s bills are going up, a season ticket for your football team is a luxury not a necessity. If money is tight and you have to pick and choose what you buy, the thought of boring football might not be very high on your priority list

10 hours ago, Wardie said:

If you can't afford one, that's fine. If you're saying you're not getting one for the reason the football is shite, well then it's you I'm talking about

31 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

I'll  be getting mine again out of blind loyalty supporting Latics.If it was out of being entertained no chance.

Number of times people say to me when I’m going to the match “ enjoy “

I always reply don’t you mean endure ?

Like you say it’s blind loyalty 🙄🙄🙄

I think an awful lot of people bought season tickets to support the new regime.  I picked mine up at the Sutton game and the guy in the ticket office had to rummage through a pretty large stack of cards to find mine.

I will probably renew to support the club.

The football needs to improve though and I won’t be happy if they persevere with DU if it doesn’t.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

If they've just made 5.1 million available to the club, will ST sales really make that much of a difference to the budget...?

DR told a mate of mine that if we hit a regular attendance of between 6,000 and 7,000 then we can be run sustainably at this level with a top six budget. Obviously the higher up we progress we'll need further investment which should be in the pipeline given the calibre of professionals on the board. But yeah, I'd say the ST sales are a big factor of our budget.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'm talking about next season...

Fair enough, but this past year is where you can see the effect on average gate receipts without any more pitch success.

In my opinion both arguments have merit.  Some people, 2500 of them, were boycotting because of the old owners and what they were doing to the club.

There will also be an increase in average gates when we start winning, so hopefully next season after we are promoted, the average will be 8000. You will be right and so will be those people who said some people appreciate a well run club.

See Mcfluff, not everything is right or wrong, some things are some of this and some of that.

20 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

We’ve waited so so long for competent owners, IMO, now we have them, we must back them 100%!!

Correct. The shit we've gone through in a whole generation and we still get utter knobheads on the socials having outragous hissy fits stating they won't get a season ticket because they suspect we have made a mistake recruiting our manager. It beggers belief to me.

I know had I bought the club, put a huge amount of effort in to fix years of neglect and put in a sensible strategy to run the club, I'd probably be well within my rights to expect a little bit of faith and loyalty amongst the support base. As an aside, I think most are well on board but the stuff you read from #Twittermorons never fails to bemuse me.

34 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Fair enough, but this past year is where you can see the effect on average gate receipts without any more pitch success.

In my opinion both arguments have merit.  Some people, 2500 of them, were boycotting because of the old owners and what they were doing to the club.

There will also be an increase in average gates when we start winning, so hopefully next season after we are promoted, the average will be 8000. You will be right and so will be those people who said some people appreciate a well run club.

See Mcfluff, not everything is right or wrong, some things are some of this and some of that.

I don’t think 2500 were boycotting because of Abdallah. I’m amazed at the crowds we are getting now, but if you look back to when Corney was here playing two divisions higher we regularly got crowds under 3.5k. Many had sacked it off long before Abdallah and his trail of destruction rode into town.

Frank’s takeover has given us something we’ve not had for a long, long time, hope. It’s reignited the fan base, both current and lapsed, and added a few new ones as well. Although Unsworth’s seemed like he’s trying to put us back to sleep at times the season, the hope is still there and hopefully sales will be roughly the same as last season. 

On 2/19/2023 at 9:54 AM, GlossopLatic said:

The aim from next season on is promotion back to the football league you are right but the expectations should be top 7 because sometimes things don't work out the way you want due to circumstances outside your control.

Look at this season both Wrexham and Notts County are on to get over 100 points each. Only 1 of them can go up automatically 1 of them will have to go through the play offs and play offs can be very cruel. In the play offs thenselves they might have an off day, they might get a bad refereeing decision. Langstaff or Mullen might hobble off injured in the 1st 10 minutes of the 1st leg and then boom they start next season still in the national league having done pretty much everything possible to go up.

I've factored in the fact that our journey back to the football league will involve abit of pain it might involve a couple of rather frustrating failed play off attempts. 

So I think top 7 should be the expectation from next season on anything below is underachievement. The road back to the football league will be at times very tough and won't be sunshine and rainbows it could feel more like an enteched battle at times. But we will get there and when we win promotion whether it's a day out at Wembley or a title parade at Boundary Park it will feel great and it will be a day to remember.

I agree.  But, at 75 years old, I just hope that I live long enough to see it.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Correct. The shit we've gone through in a whole generation and we still get utter knobheads on the socials having outragous hissy fits stating they won't get a season ticket because they suspect we have made a mistake recruiting our manager. It beggers belief to me.

I know had I bought the club, put a huge amount of effort in to fix years of neglect and put in a sensible strategy to run the club, I'd probably be well within my rights to expect a little bit of faith and loyalty amongst the support base. As an aside, I think most are well on board but the stuff you read from #Twittermorons never fails to bemuse me.

I'll be renewing but you can't get away from the fact the razzmatazz Frank brought has been quenched by the managers awful tactics, they expected to be swept along with fast attacking entertaining football. 

Let's see if he can provide this in the last 6 games to show us what to expect in future.

It could well boost season ticket sales if the team excite fans with exhilarating performances.

More of this drabness and it certainly won't.

42 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

I agree.  But, at 75 years old, I just hope that I live long enough to see it.

But looking on the bright side, you've seen us hit the dizzy heights of Division 1, Premier League and Wembley. Many supporters never lived to see that, my Dad didn't and it may never be seen again.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

If they've just made 5.1 million available to the club, will ST sales really make that much of a difference to the budget...?

yes. 4000 adult season tickets is around £1M and anyway, lets maybe think a bit further than the end of our own nose for once.

Archived