Season Tickets 23/24

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Correct. The shit we've gone through in a whole generation and we still get utter knobheads on the socials having outragous hissy fits stating they won't get a season ticket because they suspect we have made a mistake recruiting our manager. It beggers belief to me.

I know had I bought the club, put a huge amount of effort in to fix years of neglect and put in a sensible strategy to run the club, I'd probably be well within my rights to expect a little bit of faith and loyalty amongst the support base. As an aside, I think most are well on board but the stuff you read from #Twittermorons never fails to bemuse me.

Was going to post something along these lines but don’t need to as you’ve nailed it 👏 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Was going to post something along these lines but don’t need to as you’ve nailed it 👏 

The sales will reflect what the fans think of the teams chances of promotion.

4 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

I agree.  But, at 75 years old, I just hope that I live long enough to see it.

Depends what your doctors say 😀

Although in all seriousness its inevitable we will get back into the football league. I'd give it within a 5 year time frame definitely. We are doing alot of good things it will come good and when we do it will the whole psychology of the club will shift.

9 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Correct. The shit we've gone through in a whole generation and we still get utter knobheads on the socials having outragous hissy fits stating they won't get a season ticket because they suspect we have made a mistake recruiting our manager. It beggers belief to me.

I know had I bought the club, put a huge amount of effort in to fix years of neglect and put in a sensible strategy to run the club, I'd probably be well within my rights to expect a little bit of faith and loyalty amongst the support base. As an aside, I think most are well on board but the stuff you read from #Twittermorons never fails to bemuse me.

The majority of the #hashtagwhores appear to be WUMs and probably not genuine fans going off the utter bile spouted on that platform. I can't go to matches, unless with a lot of prep and money stumped up. My mate, like myself, is long-time fan and I have offered to buy his season ticket as a belated gift for his 'semi-milestone' birthday. He says no but I am sure he will give in, sooner or later. My wife will be contributing, although she doesn't know it yet. :D 

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

The sales will reflect what the fans think of the teams chances of promotion.

If that was the case we'd have been selling a few hundred over the last 8 years. 

8 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Depends what your doctors say 😀

Although in all seriousness its inevitable we will get back into the football league. I'd give it within a 5 year time frame definitely. We are doing alot of good things it will come good and when we do it will the whole psychology of the club will shift.

Going up next season. Cannot see any side being above us providing notts and Wrexham piss off

don't know if l'm morally allowed to spend any money with Latics now, have to spend a while fretting over that and come to a decision.

the recent tentative steps into inclusion of the locals that wiseowl isn't sure about liking may have been harmed too. we may also have attracted the attention of disrupters which could be financially draining in terms of fines handed out to the club.

for the record lm rolling my eyes at myself.

*gets in the bunker*

46 minutes ago, Shrek said:

If that was the case we'd have been selling a few hundred over the last 8 years. 

Apart from the die hards like me of course, who got into bad habits and  found no cure.

15 hours ago, Midsblue said:

What was the official ST figure sold this season?  

Would be then great to benchmark the take up this coming season versus this current one.  However it’ll have to be August as a fair measure to allow the Frank Rothwell effect when he took over last July.

Prior to the first home game last August we'd sold 3,700 season tickets.

www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk

6 hours ago, Flemboy said:

No chance of that after this seasons  woeful  displays.

Surely selling 3,700 after last seasons woeful displays defies your logic.

I would suggest season ticket sales are more about hope for next season then memory of last season.

IMO the tightening of money belts is more likely to reduce this years season ticket sales then this woeful seasons results.

This time in 12 months the 2 scenarios will play out.

1. We are in the top 7 challenging for promotion with or without David Unsworth.

2. We won't be in the top 7 and David Unsworth will definitely not be Oldham's manager.

So the logic that someone shouldn't buy a season ticket based on David Unsworth being the manager is flawed he could quite easily(probably will be) sacked in SeptemberOctober time certainly if we make a poor start.

Also and this a bigger thing here. We are probably going to finish this season between 12th-17th in the National League. That is not going to be our reality from now on. The plan is only just getting started we are going to be fighting from next season onwards to get back in the football league and we will get back in the football league. When we do we won't stop there we will keep climbing the leagues. It is going to happen. People not seeing this are not looking at the bigger picture.

I noticed at beginning of this season there were loads of new faces sat around us in the North Stand. Slowly some of them have disappeared or we get a new face using the seat. I think the hysteria of Franks take over and the lacklustre performances will see a lot not renewing.

With the promise of quality signings and the substantial budget I’d like to think we will be challenging next season. I know they said staying in this division this season was the aim but I’m sure they weren’t saying that before it started. Took a lot of people by surprise with how difficult it is. My main worry is the management making the correct signings , as in their judgement of the quality they bring in and then playing them to their full potential. I’ve still not figured out yet whether the generic tactics Unsworth chooses are stifling his current signings or they just aren’t particularly good anyway . 

Wasn’t the ST pricing due to be released this week?  Perhaps today as tomorrow is a bank holiday.

If the club want to smash that 3700, they need an early bird offer going into July so any doubters are convinced when we start to see who we’re signing.  These “9 quality additions” will be the make or break.

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Wasn’t the ST pricing due to be released this week?  Perhaps today as tomorrow is a bank holiday.

Think that's what they said, but then we got bummed 1-5 so I can't see them releasing prices on the back of that. They'll do it on Tuesday after we've spanked Scunthorpe...

1 hour ago, philwhite said:

I noticed at beginning of this season there were loads of new faces sat around us in the North Stand. Slowly some of them have disappeared or we get a new face using the seat. I think the hysteria of Franks take over and the lacklustre performances will see a lot not renewing.

Same here Phil.They have to a small extent been replaced by families with I guess free tickets Even they are dwindling off with the poor fayre  and watching their mobiles to stop them from falling asleep!!

14 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Same here Phil.They have to a small extent been replaced by families with I guess free tickets Even they are dwindling off with the poor fayre  and watching their mobiles to stop them from falling asleep!!

Been nothing to play for for weeks, minds naturally drift towards the summer and doing other things.

Pre season optimism should and will be at its highest for many years once everyone has had a little rest.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Been nothing to play for for weeks, minds naturally drift towards the summer and doing other things.

Pre season optimism should and will be at its highest for many years once everyone has had a little rest.

this

3 hours ago, Shrek said:

This is the season to get one surely? When was the last time we won more than we lost? 23/24 is probably going to be our best league performance since we won the 2nd division. 

Are you new to following us?

Now is exactly the time to renew season tickets. It was always going to take time to turn things around. After all the gloom of recent years, and boycotts, it would be piss poor if people don't renew. Frank's put his money in, and it would be criminal if we didn't do the same. Yes, the football has been crap, but it's not a short-term project.

Give 'em yer money!

25 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Now is exactly the time to renew season tickets. It was always going to take time to turn things around. After all the gloom of recent years, and boycotts, it would be piss poor if people don't renew. Frank's put his money in, and it would be criminal if we didn't do the same. Yes, the football has been crap, but it's not a short-term project.

Give 'em yer money!

You've convinced me. My cheque will be in the post as soon as Frank tells me the required amount. 😃

Archived